Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its classic. Tesla break my Summon and this update gives me the option to have a softer night colour on the screen but I'm sure its an effective use of some tech geek working in the USA.
I have to say I'm never sure if something is a fault to report or just another Tesla stuff up, TBH I didn't know my Summon was broken by Tesla until i read it here, I just accepted it was the car having another temperamental spat.
We have lots of options but how hard can it be to have a roll back position?

Reactions: Rooster6655
I've always trusted HW over SW - my 2015 MS doesn't have the fancy features, but it drives nicely on a motorway, LIDAR very very rarely has false positives causing unwarranted breaking so I have a high level of trust in it. It does take an age to change lanes via the indicator stick to the point that I don't use that and just override and steer it when I need to change lanes. Having had several loaners with new AP over the years I'm glad to still have a low function HW based AP, over the new ones. It can't drive as many roads and is less automated, but the roads it can drive I trust it a lot more to do so.

Reactions: Mr. Impatient
Yeah I think the ability for a car to read well painted lines and follow a car or slow for it using radar is pretty old tech by this point. Yes of course refining it to get it perfect and smooth is still a work in progress but like a lot of tech issues the last 10% of the problem takes far longer than the other 90%. I don't mean here full self driving, just merely perfectly staying in lane, following cars smoothly and no things like phantom braking.

I highly recommend subscribing to FSD even if temporarily. FSD brings you even closer into Teslas ecosystem. It’s like the difference between snorkeling and scuba diving. With FSD your brain is now emerced in the experience like scuba diving, moving you to captain of the ship vs operator. You can to sit back, observe and monitor.

Wearing sunglasses lessens rhe nags and a baseball hat supposedly stops them.
I’m about to test.

I highly recommend subscribing to FSD even if temporarily. FSD brings you even closer into Teslas ecosystem. It’s like the difference between snorkeling and scuba diving. With FSD your brain is now emerced in the experience like scuba diving, moving you to captain of the ship vs operator. You can to sit back, observe and monitor.

I’m about to test.
I think the mention of baseball gives away that an American has taken a wrong turn with their FSD already 😉

I’m about to test.
There's no FSD subscription in the UK. You have to pay for it outright.