Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So hitting the other Model Y spots this morning and came across a post from the FB Model Y group. Seems the cars made in March have serious issues with the Firmware. I presume this is the batch with the new chips. Sensors are failing, AutoPilot is failing, and they are waiting on the new firmware. I also saw in the news that the CA DMV is investigating Tesla right now as well.

I Will try to upload photos but my account is new-ish so I might not have rights.

At least this is more clues to what is going on. Lots of comments on the thread with others stating build date and same issues.

Attachments

• 187666224_1921171224715815_6767462366737378570_n.jpeg
    187666224_1921171224715815_6767462366737378570_n.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 8.16.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 8.16.00 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
Love the red too but I'm not bold enough to risk getting tickets. White is beautiful but I just wanted to be able to find my car in the parking lot easier.
I currently have a white car with a black roof and LOVE that look, so I was happy that it was the "free" Tesla color. But as the weeks go by I'm kicking myself for not choosing something different. That Midnight Silver looks soooo good.

Reactions: Betmobile
I currently have a white car with a black roof and LOVE that look, so I was happy that it was the "free" Tesla color. But as the weeks go by I'm kicking myself for not choosing something different. That Midnight Silver looks soooo good.
My parents are getting that color. I'm trying to convince them to switch from Mercedes SUV to the Y. They're waiting to see my car first...At this rate, they might not want to switch to Tesla🤣

Called the Dublin-Amador SC and asked about any updates. They could only say that they expect the car will arrive at their store in the next few weeks. They explained that they don't receive much communication from the factory.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I asked about parts shortage and firmware issues. They could not give me any answers about those due to limited communication from the factory.

Ordered MY LR on 4/11:
Blue/white
Gemini
5 seat
No tow
No FSD

Current est delivery May 19 - June 6 (No VIN)

Last edited:
Ordered 4/27, delivery profile completed 4/28.

MY LR
MSM
White
Gemini 19”
7 seater
No hitch
Autopilot only

Delivery will be at Rocklin, CA SC. Like everyone else, delivery dates have changed multiple times with earliest date of 5/17 and latest date of 6/29. Currently at 6/1 to 6/21.

Called the Dublin-Amador SC and asked about any updates. They could only say that they expect the car will arrive at their store in the next few weeks. They explained that they don't receive much communication from the factory.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I asked about parts shortage and firmware issues. They could not give me any answers about those due to limited communication from the factory.

Ordered MY LR on 4/11:
Blue/white
Gemini
5 seat
No tow
No FSD

Current est delivery May 19 - June 6 (No VIN)
That's impressive that you're still on those dates. I ordered 2 days before you, same config except black interior and 20" wheels and mine is sitting at 6/7 - 6/27 (pickup in Dublin as well). Hopefully that's a good sign for you.

Last edited:
That impressive that you're still on those dates. I ordered 2 days before you, same config except black interior and 20" wheels and mine is sitting at 6/7 - 6/27 (pickup in Dublin as well). Hopefully that's a good sign for you.
Who knows. Just late last week the dates were at June 14-June 30, and it goes back and forth pretty regularly. Don't know why our cars wouldn't be delivered at relatively the same time though. Best of luck!

Reactions: fender4645
It's a good point that we need to remember. I've said this before but my SA told me late May to mid June when I ordered back in early-ish April. So until that passes, I'm still considering myself "on schedule". I just wished they wouldn't have teased me with the "mid May" dates I had 10 days ago.
Yep, mine said early June. If I were to call him now asking where my car is he'd probably think I was nuts.