Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feeling like MYP VINs have been super light the last few days. I was told end of July by my SA (even back when my EDD showed June) but today woke up and July date fell off entirely 😩
New EDD Aug 1-14
The fun continues….

EDD posted 6/21: July 4- July 24
EDD updated 6/24: July 2 - July 22
EDD updated 6/25: June 27-June 30
EDD updated 6/26: June 28-June 30
EDD updated 6/27: 1-10 weeks
EDD updated 6/28: June 30-July 12
EDD updated 6/29: July 11-July 31
EDD updated 6/30: 6-10 weeks
EDD updated 7/1: July 4- July 24
EDD updated 7/3: July 5- July 24
EDD updated 7/4: July 6- July 24
EDD updated 7/5: July 11- July 24
EDD updated 7/7: July 11- July 31
EDD updated 7/10: July 24- August 14
EDD updated 7/11: July 13- July 31
EDD updated 7/12: July 14- July 31
EDD updated 7/13: July 15- July 31
EDD updated 7/14: July 16-July 31
EDD updated 7/15: August 1 - August 21
EDD updated 7/16: July 18-July 31
EDD updated 7/17: 7-11 weeks
EDD updated 7/18: July 20- August 7
EDD updated 7/19: July 21- August 7
EDD updated 7/20: July 22- August 7
EDD updated 7/21: July 23- August 7
EDD updated 7/22: July 24- August 7
EDD updated 7/23: July 25- August 7
EDD updated 7/24: July 26- August 14
EDD updated 7/25: July 27- August 14
EDD updated 7/26: July 28- August 7
EDD updated 7/27: July 29- August 14
EDD updated 7/28: July 30- August 14
EDD updated 7/29: July 31- August 14
EDD updated 7/30: August 1- August 14
I feel your pain!

• New Vehicle
  • Less than 50 mile odometer
  • Located in Los Angeles
No est. transportation fee to your nearest
delivery location

Key Features
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Tow Hitch
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Performance Pedals
  • Performance Brakes
  • 1-Year Premium Connectivity Trial

Dang, based on your order date, you should have had your ride a month ago! I’m also ordered out of Rocklin… If I don’t get a V1N by mid-August, I’ll wait for the Austin production in 2022.
Yeah, I feel like I should have had it in June, but obviously that would have been too easy. Haha. I don't blame you. If you can wait for the new batteries, it might be worth it. Fingers crossed for you!

Reactions: Cousin Eddie
  • New Vehicle
  • Located in Los Angeles
delivery location

Key Features
  • Autopilot
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Tow Hitch
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Performance Pedals
  • Performance Brakes
and.......gone! lol

Reactions: LSJR
My EDD moved from Aug11 - Aug 31 (had been there for last 2 weeks) to Aug6 - Aug 26. I am quite confident that this time, the window is more or less accurate.

I know I am getting closer to delivery day, but waiting for >2 months have made me lose most of my excitement.

Reactions: LSJR
Just heard from my SA! Sharing this info for any others waiting for deliveries (my pick up location is Burbank, although he’s at another store)

Attachments

• EE3F8894-2AD2-4A51-8021-ADD6062D05C5.jpeg
    EE3F8894-2AD2-4A51-8021-ADD6062D05C5.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 81
  • New Vehicle
  • Located in Los Angeles
delivery location

Key Features
  • Autopilot
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Tow Hitch
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Performance Pedals
  • Performance Brakes
This is almost my exact car. Damn.

I got my VIN on Jul 25th, but based on last call with SA seems like it hasn't even been built yet :confused:
He said they expect it to finish production by Aug 3(and can change again), and then they'll need 1-2 days to get it ready for delivery
Since the day I got my VIN, my EDD has stayed at Jul 30-Aug9, even right now it says the same....fun and surprises never seem to end

Reactions: JustYNot
  • New Vehicle
  • Located in Los Angeles
delivery location

Key Features
  • Autopilot
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Tow Hitch
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Performance Pedals
  • Performance Brakes
New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla
1627666813955.png

My delivery date disappeared on Friday (7/23) and has not come back since then. I just called Tesla and they told me that my car is in production and I should expect a call from them next week.

Some stats:
MYLR, Midnight Silver, Black, Seat 5, No Tow, No FSD, San Francisco
Order placed on 6/27
Ughh.... so my EDD reappeared as 9/22 - 9/30 yesterday (and disappeared again today). I called back. The same SA was very apologetic saying that she doesn't know what happened and the factory might change the production schedule. Now I'm expecting end of the quarter delivery :((((

What a rollercoaster. I was on the phone with my local Tesla shop and they were ready to switch that existing inventory over to my account. I hesitated because I wasn't sure on the white seats matching the aesthetic of the vehicle overall. Told him I would call back if I changed my mind and it was still available. Still marinating on it but I think it may be gone.

Reactions: lchen6
What a rollercoaster. I was on the phone with my local Tesla shop and they were ready to switch that existing inventory over to my account. I hesitated because I wasn't sure on the white seats matching the aesthetic of the vehicle overall. Told him I would call back if I changed my mind and it was still available. Still marinating on it but I think it may be gone.
You are probably too late but just wanted to say I love the MSM with white! On a positive note, black seats are awesome since you literally don’t have to worry about any dirt, stains or discoloration. This will be my first time getting light ‘leather’ and I’m a little terrified :)

You are probably too late but just wanted to say I love the MSM with white! On a positive note, black seats are awesome since you literally don’t have to worry about any dirt, stains or discoloration. This will be my first time getting light ‘leather’ and I’m a little terrified :)
I have been back and forth on the white because I really do love the look and virtually everyone says they are super easy to keep clean. But when I ordered, I ordered black since I think it matches the black accents of the vehicle better and gives it a more aggressive look that I like. Let me tell you though, I was SO CLOSE to pulling the trigger. I was on the phone with the guy and he was as frantic and as excited and as torn as I was. Hahaha. He was shocked that it was even available.

In some interesting news though, since I had a good person on the phone, he checked the legendary "back end system" and said that he could see a build date for my car of August 10th, and would expect me to be able to take delivery the following week. Told me obviously not to make plans around that. But I do believe he was actually checking an internal Tesla system and not just bullshitting with me, because I could hear him clicking and typing and stuff. I'm going to be gone Wednesday - Sunday the next two weeks in a row, so in practice if I had pulled the trigger on this one I would have been gone anyway and wouldn't be getting time with it. So I figured, better to just be patient.

But again, it was very close. Because I am not a patient person when it comes to new shiny things.

Reactions: YForMeee and LSJR
Just put down my order with phone agent as of today 07/30/2021
I understand most fees but can someone explain what exactly are these fees for (highlighted in red)?
Not a deal-breaker but would love to understand the reasoning for these fees thanks!

Model Y
$39,990.00
20’’ Induction Wheels
$2,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
$14,000.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$100.00