Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been doing some research on the EDD and the text that was sent to CA people, I am not waiting on a MY but a M3, I will be watching this thread. My EDD got pushed back from 9/18 - 9/30 to 9/19 - 9/30. You all seem pretty knowledgeable where on the website will you see when you get a VIN given to you? Also, thank you for helping an m3 guy.

Mine also move this morning. It was 9/18-9/30 yesterday and now 9/25-9/30.
I feel like MY will get new update starting October.
Thatā€™s what I was worried about. Considering weā€™re in CA, Iā€™m assuming theyā€™ll try their best to include us in EOQ push. But the lack of VINS at this time of the quarter is leaving me feeling unsettled. Ultimately, anything can happen at this point and there are no guarantees.

Thatā€™s what I was worried about. Considering weā€™re in CA, Iā€™m assuming theyā€™ll try their best to include us in EOQ push. But the lack of VINS at this time of the quarter is leaving me feeling unsettled. Ultimately, anything can happen at this point and there are no guarantees.
Hope you will get your MY before leaving town.

Reactions: mcp105
I feel the same. All of these EDD end dates with 9/30 makes me feel like weā€™re all on the cusp of getting a car this quarter, but itā€™s not guaranteed. Iā€™m not sure what the criteria is for deliveries. I keep seeing people getting VINs with way later order/completion dates than me and canā€™t figure out if itā€™s due to location, specs or just random. Tesla VIN assignment remains a mystery!

Reactions: mcp105
My EDD finally moved. It was 9/18-9/30 and now 9/20-9/30 šŸ˜‘ Lol. Crossing my fingers itā€™ll be on the front end of that EDD as Iā€™m going to be out of town from 9/26-9/29. šŸ˜’
I'm in a similar situation. I'll be out of town 9/23-9/28 AND my trade-in offer expires 9/29. Crossing my fingers for all of us!

I am guessing for home delivery itā€™s the same process except the paperwork is all electronic ahead of time? Or does the drop off person take care of the paperwork (California delivery)?
I just went through this yesterday.

My MY was delivered to my house. I performed all the "paperwork" from my Tesla account on their website. This included reviewing and agreeing to several documents, uploading photos of my drivers license front and back (Again), and taking a selfie of myself and submitting it. They use a third party face identification service that algorithmically compares your selfie to the D.L. photo.

Once that's completed and the car is in your driveway or front of home, you'll get an email that your Tesla has been delivered. That's when you go outside and do your external walk around to make sure there's nothing visually beyond your acceptance tolerance. Assuming you're good with the exterior, you click the Accept delivery button from your Tesla account on the website. After a few minutes, open your Tesla app (sign in if you haven't already; restart the app if you already had it open). Then the app will unlock your Tesla.

Good luck!

I just went through this yesterday.

My MY was delivered to my house. I performed all the "paperwork" from my Tesla account on their website. This included reviewing and agreeing to several documents, uploading photos of my drivers license front and back (Again), and taking a selfie of myself and submitting it. They use a third party face identification service that algorithmically compares your selfie to the D.L. photo.

Once that's completed and the car is in your driveway or front of home, you'll get an email that your Tesla has been delivered. That's when you go outside and do your external walk around to make sure there's nothing visually beyond your acceptance tolerance. Assuming you're good with the exterior, you click the Accept delivery button from your Tesla account on the website. After a few minutes, open your Tesla app (sign in if you haven't already; restart the app if you already had it open). Then the app will unlock your Tesla.

Good luck!

Thanks for that! Good info. šŸ‘šŸ¼
Got a call a couple of hours ago asking if I want to take delivery tomorrow instead of Monday. They shouldā€™ve said, ā€œHowā€™d you like to NOT do a single other thing you planned to do tomorrow?ā€ šŸ˜‚

Just got a Vin last midnight around 12:30am. EDD pull back three-times, 1st is 9/13-9/30, in 9/14 EDD change to 9/16-9/30, 9/17 EDD change to 9/19-9/30. I got a text message from tesla too and i just replied September. 9/16 saw need to resubmit the loan and we resubmit in the afternoon and they approved on the same day. I believe if you guys see the loan need resubmit means you gonna get your VIN soon. we schedule delivery next Tuesday. Can't wait to see my car

OD: 6/7
MYLR/ Blue/ Black/ 20''/no tow/no FSD

Just got a Vin last midnight around 12:30am. EDD pull back three-times, 1st is 9/13-9/30, in 9/14 EDD change to 9/16-9/30, 9/17 EDD change to 9/19-9/30. I got a text message from tesla too and i just replied September. 9/16 saw need to resubmit the loan and we resubmit in the afternoon and they approved on the same day. I believe if you guys see the loan need resubmit means you gonna get your VIN soon. we schedule delivery next Tuesday. Can't wait to see my car

Congrats. I received the text, the loan resubmission request and still no VIN. Hope youā€™re right about that theory!

Iā€™m holding out hope after reading this! MYLR silver/ black 20ā€ no towOD 6/5. EDD has moved by 2 days three times this week. Iā€™m at 9/19-9/30 all cash so šŸ¤žšŸ» I will wake up to a VIN.
Was tempted to go purchase an etron at my local Audi dealer today that they had on the lot, 2021 model. If my dog hadnā€™t jumped in the pool I would have been out the door and driving an Audi right nowšŸ˜‚

• Funny
Reactions: GildedVines
I just received this text message. This is a scam, right?

ā€œHello Beto! Congratulations on your new Tesla order! We have designed a virtual workshop you can sign up for below in order to better prepare you for delivery day! During this workshop we will cover: Charging, Basic Operations, Autopilot, and more! To sign up for this optional orientation, please follow this link: https://forms.office.comā€ - a link to fill out a form.

Congrats!! I have the exact same car on orderā€¦ hoping for late sept early October. Post pics after pick up!

Reactions: Technefy
I just received this text message. This is a scam, right?

ā€œHello Beto! Congratulations on your new Tesla order! We have designed a virtual workshop you can sign up for below in order to better prepare you for delivery day! During this workshop we will cover: Charging, Basic Operations, Autopilot, and more! To sign up for this optional orientation, please follow this link: https://forms.office.comā€ - a link to fill out a form.

I took the Virtual Orientation, too. Itā€™s legit. And he said they only send it out when your car is within about a two week, or so, period of delivery. šŸ‘šŸ¼

Reactions: Bskubs