Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, you do need to add the new vehicle to your policy, but not before taking delivery like you need to in other states. CA provides some automatic coverage for unnamed vehicles, but I wouldn’t wait!
I agree. Just call your insurance company and give them the new Tesla VIN. But don't remove any trade-in from your insurance until after it leaves your possession. If for some reason, your VIN changes, then a simple phone call can fix that. And be sure to verify the VIN at delivery.

The VIN is through the front driver's side window AND a sticker on the lower driver's side B pillar (near the door sill). The mfg. date is also on the B pillar sticker.

And congratulations 🎉 to everyone getting an EOQ VIN. It looks like my July order will be EOQ Q4 at the earliest.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Last edited:
Holding steady at 11/30-12/20 for several weeks now. Prediction of delivery when ordering was December, so I suppose if that’s the window it’s hard to be disappointed.

I really wish I understood the EDD algorithm. My car is the same as yours except I have 19" wheels instead of your 20". And yet, my EDD has been stuck at a generic "January" for awhile now. So the DC must factor strongly into the Tesla delivery-o-matic AI calculator. The AI is probably that robot that Elon showed and I bet his name is Marvin :D

So at this point, if folks are in a hurry, my recommendation is:
1. order a MYP. They arrive much faster than MYLR.
2. specify pickup in Fremont (which will probably get rerouted to Dublin, etc. anyway)

I only had a non-generic EDD for 3 days (e.g. 12/21-1/10). Otherwise, since my order date at the end of July my EDD has either been blank, has been the generic "December", or is now the generic "January". Today is Day #50 for me. So only 134 more days to go...

Scott

PS Marvin, from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy; "Your Plastic Pal that's Fun to Be With"

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
ODD: November

I really wish I understood the EDD algorithm. My car is the same as yours except I have 19" wheels instead of your 20". And yet, my EDD has been stuck at a generic "January" for awhile now. So the DC must factor strongly into the Tesla delivery-o-matic AI calculator. The AI is probably that robot that Elon showed and I bet his name is Marvin :D

So at this point, if folks are in a hurry, my recommendation is:
1. order a MYP. They arrive much faster than MYLR.
2. specify pickup in Fremont (which will probably get rerouted to Dublin, etc. anyway)

I only had a non-generic EDD for 3 days (e.g. 12/21-1/10). Otherwise, since my order date at the end of July my EDD has either been blank, has been the generic "December", or is now the generic "January". Today is Day #50 for me. So only 134 more days to go...

Scott

PS Marvin, from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy; "Your Plastic Pal that's Fun to Be With"

--

A lot of weeks prior to this EOQ push, Sundays seemed to be “reset” days for EDD ranges. Often, you would see a generic month instead of a date range and then come Monday or Tuesday of the following week, the latest EDD would be in there. With the EOQ madness, I feel like Tesla might not be assigning EDD estimates because they’re trying to get all of the May/June orders delivered and then maybe more specifics can be detailed? I’m not even sure there is a rhyme or reason at this point for anything they do 😂

21 days and counting at 10/13-11/2. Was holding on to some slim hope for a while that maybe a batch of completely base level Ys would be made and I would see an EoQ rush VIN assignment. But I’ve only seen a few July OD holders get their VINs and they have all been in Colorado. So at this point just hoping EDD doesn’t slip into Dec-Mar, and maybe I’ll get a 2022 with the updated door trim.

21 days and counting at 10/13-11/2. Was holding on to some slim hope for a while that maybe a batch of completely base level Ys would be made and I would see an EoQ rush VIN assignment. But I’ve only seen a few July OD holders get their VINs and they have all been in Colorado. So at this point just hoping EDD doesn’t slip into Dec-Mar, and maybe I’ll get a 2022 with the updated door trim.
Well a 7/10 OD from Texas just got a VIN, spoke too soon.

A lot of weeks prior to this EOQ push, Sundays seemed to be “reset” days for EDD ranges. Often, you would see a generic month instead of a date range and then come Monday or Tuesday of the following week, the latest EDD would be in there. With the EOQ madness, I feel like Tesla might not be assigning EDD estimates because they’re trying to get all of the May/June orders delivered and then maybe more specifics can be detailed? I’m not even sure there is a rhyme or reason at this point for anything they do 😂

At this point, the only theory I've been able to come up with of MYP vs. MYLR delivery times is that the batteries installed in the MYP are rejected long range batteries. It is a crummy theory, but seems to explain why MYP get delivered in "weeks" while MYLR get delivered in "months".

Scott

--

MYLR MSM Black Interior Fremont
Order Date: August 27
EDD: December

I was able to find an existing inventory MYP MSM White Interior with Tow hitch for pickup at the Stockton location (VIN 270XXX). I was able to get the order in, and financing figured out in 1 day, and they even called to tell me I could come for pickup a few days early since the car is already ready. So yesterday I took the mini roadtrip out and got an absolutely beautiful new Tesla (with 62% charge). With a checklist handy, I spent about 20 min going over the car in detail. Almost everything is perfect, there's an extremely minor paint chip on the edge of the drivers door. Additionally the passenger door sounds a bit loud when closing, but everything looks aligned. Maybe I'm just hearing things and over analyzing it. Service in Fremont can scheduled service this Thursday to look at both.
The drive back was delightful, autosteer gave me the chance to really enjoy the relaxing drive. I spent $9.99 to charge back up to 90% at the supercharger near home since I haven't had time to get an electrician out to install a charger yet!