Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new MYP was delivered today!

Attachments

• 00155EDC-9073-4157-A4C9-FA3692D2FBBF.jpeg
    00155EDC-9073-4157-A4C9-FA3692D2FBBF.jpeg
    351.4 KB · Views: 69
Anyone in the Bay Area change their PGE plan? We have solar (not Tesla) and wondering what our best option would be.
I’m in the older TOU plan from a couple of years ago that includes solar. I average 200 dollars a year total for electricity with 13-15k miles per year on the M3 and average of 30 days of AC usage per year with 4kw array in East Bay and full sun. The new TOU plan tweaked the hours a little but I’ll try to stay in the old one if I can (I think I’ll be grandfathered in). I only charge 11pm onwards since that’s when the cheapest rate is in effect.

• Informative
Reactions: sw94117 and Greg007
Just got back from Rocklin picking up my MYLR7. Lots of MY's ready for delivery. Most all of them were MYLRs. I didn't see much beyond the delivery area, so it's hard to say how many they have on site, but I did see a couple Blacks, a bunch of Whites, and a couple Reds. I think the only MYP I saw was Red. I did also note a few brand new M3's and MY's going north on 70 & 99 as I headed down to my appointment.

Just got back from Rocklin picking up my MYLR7. Lots of MY's ready for delivery. Most all of them were MYLRs. I didn't see much beyond the delivery area, so it's hard to say how many they have on site, but I did see a couple Blacks, a bunch of Whites, and a couple Reds. I think the only MYP I saw was Red. I did also note a few brand new M3's and MY's going north on 70 & 99 as I headed down to my appointment.
Any blues? Ordered EDD 6/17-30 So still gave several weeks1

I’m in the older TOU plan from a couple of years ago that includes solar. I average 200 dollars a year total for electricity with 13-15k miles per year on the M3 and average of 30 days of AC usage per year with 4kw array in East Bay and full sun. The new TOU plan tweaked the hours a little but I’ll try to stay in the old one if I can (I think I’ll be grandfathered in). I only charge 11pm onwards since that’s when the cheapest rate is in effect.
I’m in the same solar boat. Currently on TOU-D-A iirc. I received notification that my grandfather status will expire towards the end of this year. Not sure I will have any choices but to move to a new one. 🙁. I had a volt, charged daily and never paid more than $20 in a month (usually $13 or so). We’ll see how this plays out with a Tesla eating up my KWh.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t charging the car during the day be the cheapest since that when you’re producing? Obviously it may not be as convenient…

Wouldn’t charging the car during the day be the cheapest since that when you’re producing? Obviously it may not be as convenient…
Not necessarily. Our local utility buys back the surplus solar generation at rates equal to the daytime rate(s). Peak daytime rates are anywhere from 25% to 500% higher than overnight off-peak rate.

Yay! I got VIN last night. Ordered on 4/20, MYP, no tow, no FSD, blk/blk.

Super odd thing is, I have to go pick up at Colma Serramonte. I chose Fremont as the pick up, but then SA help me switch to home delivery. And when I try to schedule it was to pick up for Colma. Really strange! But still thankful I can pick up this Wednesday.
Ok super random thing but seems to be right?! SA told me for Bay Area Colma deliveries are one of the earliest and they randomly will start deliveries for the area before Fremont or others...