Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a delivery date! Just paid. The car will be dropped off tomorrow on my driveway :)

I also asked my SA about my VIN. He said the car has a factory gate date of June 8. Basically, I was matched on the same day the car cleared assembly line. Here is the information he shared with me.
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 10.37.00 AM.png

So it seems the VIN assignment is a bit random. My theory is each car has a VIN assigned before going into production. So cars coming off the assembly lines do not necessarily have consecutive VINs. The production of this car has been delayed a couple of times - the previous two days he shared with me were May 25 and June 2. My SA told me to "Please take everything you see in forums with a grain of salt. There is a lot of misinformation out there." 😂 😂

Anyways, I am SO relieved that this is over. Very best luck to everyone!

I have a delivery date! Just paid. The car will be dropped off tomorrow on my driveway :)

I also asked my SA about my VIN. He said the car has a factory gate date of June 8. Basically, I was matched on the same day the car cleared assembly line. Here is the information he shared with me.
View attachment 671708

So it seems the VIN assignment is a bit random. My theory is each car has a VIN assigned before going into production. So cars coming off the assembly lines do not necessarily have consecutive VINs. The production of this car has been delayed a couple of times - the previous two days he shared with me were May 25 and June 2. My SA told me to "Please take everything you see in forums with a grain of salt. There is a lot of misinformation out there." 😂 😂

Congrats! Well deserved and enjoy! Now you just have to survive this day till tomorrow!

Reactions: sw94117

View attachment 671708

Congrats

Reactions: sw94117

View attachment 671708

Congrats! Thats funny how they call it a birthday. How fun would it be if the car knew it’s birthday tied in some Easter eggs. Like maybe when you first go in the car on it’s birthday, it plays happy birthday. Or cones in the visualizations are changed to birthday cakes

I'm confused. I ordered on May 9. Got the silver color, but no other options. Regular 5-seat configuration. Initial delivery dates were something like early July to mid-August. Don't remember exactly. Now it says August 27-September 26. That sounds much longer than others. Am I missing something here?

I ordered 4/16, Model Y | LR | White / Black | 19" | 5 | No Tow | No FSD

Los Angeles Down Town

My timeline.

I ordered 4/16.

05/14... 05/22 - 06/11
05/17... 06/17 - 06/30
05/22... 05/31 - 06/13
06/01... 06/06 - 06/25
06/05... 06/09 - 06/29
06/08... 3 - 11 WEEKS
06/09... 06/11 - 06/25
06/10... 06/12 - 06/24

But, still no VIN yet. I think it will be my turn soon. But it's hard to wait.