Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t worry guys. If I ever receive a VIN I will update the spreadsheet and disappear quietly. Don’t want to make people feel worse then they already do for still not receiving one. This whole experience sucks @$$
Seriously bullshit when someone who ordered the same build at same location gets the car before you even though you booked weeks before them.

Don’t worry guys. If I ever receive a VIN I will update the spreadsheet and disappear quietly. Don’t want to make people feel worse then they already do for still not receiving one. This whole experience sucks @$$
It’s hard waiting, but I love getting to celebrate with each person who gets a VIN, seeing the pics of their new car, and what their delivery experience was like.

Tesla’s strategy of pushing the Bay Area deliveries to the very end does not make any sense. When it is the fastest turnaround from manufacturing to revenue, they should be pushing as many Bay Area deliveries throughout the quarter.
They don’t care about revenue day to day. They just care about it at the end of the quarter. It does seem like a gamble though to assume that you can fulfill a certain target of deliveries in CA during the last few weeks if the quarter. It’s worked up to now (for the most part) but there is a concern in this quarter with the parts shortages. I knew when I ordered in early April this is how it worked and any delivery before mid June would be gravy. But if for whatever reason I don’t get my car this month and someone in Florida who ordered my same config 6 weeks after I did, I’m going to be pissed.

Considering California (and particularly the Bay Area) have the largest concentration of Tesla orders, it seems like they should be trickling in more local orders than they do now earlier in the quarter.

They don’t care about revenue day to day. They just care about it at the end of the quarter. It does seem like a gamble though to assume that you can fulfill a certain target of deliveries in CA during the last few weeks if the quarter. It’s worked up to now (for the most part) but there is a concern in this quarter with the parts shortages. I knew when I ordered in early April this is how it worked and any delivery before mid June would be gravy. But if for whatever reason I don’t get my car this month and someone in Florida who ordered my same config 6 weeks after I did, I’m going to be pissed.

Considering California (and particularly the Bay Area) have the largest concentration of Tesla orders, it seems like they should be trickling in more local orders than they do now earlier in the quarter

Considering California (and particularly the Bay Area) have the largest concentration of Tesla orders, it seems like they should be trickling in more local orders than they do now earlier in the quarter.
Already plenty pissed now... thinking back when I first ordered 4/5 and it had a EDD of within 1-2 weeks... I had my charger installed pretty dam early 😂 got me good there... then with the recent change to my edd to Sept.. pretty pissed is a understatement.. hopefully that will be updated soon...

Reactions: fender4645
Ordered a MYLR White/White//20" Induction/5 Seats/No Tow/No FSD on April 19th and still haven't received VIN.
Yesterday the EDD was September but just recently switched back to June 15-30.
Has anyone in the Orange County area with a similar order date as mine or after received their VINs yet? I tried contacting my SA from the Buena Park store and they aren't being very helpful at all. I'm really hoping I will be able to take delivery within this month because I already got rid of my previous car so I am carless. Fingers crossed.

Hold on tight! Windows tinted, rear door ppfed and just waiting on the front bumper replacement for more ppf. I should have taken the photo under the sun. Colma was covered in fog today

Attachments

• 2C71585C-83D9-410F-B386-B60318F61BD8.jpeg
    2C71585C-83D9-410F-B386-B60318F61BD8.jpeg
    431.8 KB · Views: 86
Ordered a MYLR White/White//20" Induction/5 Seats/No Tow/No FSD on April 19th and still haven't received VIN.
Has anyone in the Orange County area with a similar order date as mine or after received their VINs yet? I tried contacting my SA from the Buena Park store and they aren't being very helpful at all. I'm really hoping I will be able to take delivery within this month because I already got rid of my previous car so I am carless. Fingers crossed.
Welcome to the madness!
I ordered same config on 04/24 for Burbank pickup/delivery with no VIN and current EDD of 06/15-06/30. There are at least 2 more people who ordered same config around the same time in OC and LA areas with no VIN. We all got the September date on Friday and were back to mid-June to 06/30 EDD yesterday.

Last edited:
I'm in a similar situation, Grey/black/20"/5 seat/not tow or fsd, order switched to June 21-30 this morning.

Wait a second, you placed your order on 6/5 and you're getting your car this Sunday? How is that possible? I mean, congrats, but there are people that ordered in April that don't even have a VIN yet. I'm in the LA area myself, ordered on 5/18, and have an EDD of July 2 to 22. Color me confused.
Had some help with getting it "earlier". Based on the Google sheet black seems to be in least demand, maybe that can also be why?

Reactions: Mod Y Guy