Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have little sympathy for those with May and June orders waiting... Plenty of April folks left. Also I feel like there is a real lack of understanding for the lack of parts in Automotive or really any industry right now...
My EDD date changed again back to June 14th - June 30th. I’m praying we April folks get our Freakin Car Already!! 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

My SA just emailed me this.

So sorry for the delay! I’ve been on PTO for the past week and I’m just catching up. I don’t have any new updates for you. There is certainly a chance you will receive your new Model Y this month. However, there have been delays and it could be pushed to July, August. Once you are assigned a VIN we will know for sure.

Thanks again for your patience!

Best,

WTF?? 🤬😳😡🤬🖕🏾
Ugh. That sucks. What does your EDD say right now?

Went to the Temecula SC today to inquire about any updates. There were very few people in there (probably cause of how long the wait times are) and the SA told me via their "internal production viewer" that my car is "estimated" to be delivered between the 20th-23rd. She said white is popular and usually takes longer to get and that my vehicle had probably already been produced but doesn't get a VIN until it's in transit. Then one of the other SA's there said you get a VIN when your vehicle is in production. They can't even get their stories straight.

Also, one guy was in there ordering and they told him he should have it be the end of the month. WTF? Man......us April orders are getting salty!

I have little sympathy for those with May and June orders waiting... Plenty of April folks left. Also I feel like there is a real lack of understanding for the lack of parts in Automotive or really any industry right now...
Totally agree with you. Complete BS. So many May orders across the country have taken delivery. But us in CA get a “hopefully this month”

Ordered 4/28. MYLR/White/Black/FSD/No Tow/19"/5 seat/Burbank

I finally saw the elusive blue button! VIN 213XXX

I called and they said it hasn't arrived yet, and that they want to get the car physically at the store before they arrange delivery. I guess I'm holding my breath until then... I'm likely going to schedule home delivery and pay by plaid since I don't want to drive all the way to burbank to pick up. Interestingly, I get better insurance rates by going through Geico vs Tesla Insurance. Any of you have the same experience, or have any recommendations? I saw mention of state farm in previous posts so I'll have to check there as well.

Note that my latest EDD for a couple days were oscillating between 6/13-6/30 and 6/16-6/30. Just this morning it went to 6/14-6/30 so just fyi for others watching the EDD roulette wheel.

I called and they said it hasn't arrived yet, and that they want to get the car physically at the store before they arrange delivery. I guess I'm holding my breath until then... I'm likely going to schedule home delivery and pay by plaid since I don't want to drive all the way to burbank to pick up. Interestingly, I get better insurance rates by going through Geico vs Tesla Insurance. Any of you have the same experience, or have any recommendations? I saw mention of state farm in previous posts so I'll have to check there as well.

Note that my latest EDD for a couple days were oscillating between 6/13-6/30 and 6/16-6/30. Just this morning it went to 6/14-6/30 so just fyi for others watching the EDD roulette wheel.
Congrats! I think that is the first new VIN we have seen in a few days. Did the VIN show up in the morning, or at some point during the day?

Reactions: Emmadiane

I have State Farm and compared to Tesla insurance back when I had a VIN for a day. They were pretty much the same - but I have a long loyalty discount and a multi-line discount with them.

From 06/28-06/30 it’s back to 07/04-07/24
Ugh, mine just went there also.. after backing up to June 16th the day before.

So stopped by Dublin DC nice people, didn't know to much. Was able to say that my "Gate" date is beginning of July.

He said that because I have a common setup it might be sooner.
I disappointed especially after my today's trip was to finally drop off a Chevy Bolt so I'm carless. :(
And I felt good when driving to Dublin Tesla because I saw their overflow lot, very full with 3,Y,X .. Mostly 3 and Y.
Then the word I did not want to hear "July".

But it will change.. 🤞