Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha! It sure seems that way for sure! I’m gonna ride this out, but at this point I really don’t think I will do it again.. It’s as if we are all standing in line for ice cream, and they are handing the same flavor we bought to those in line well behind us, even though we are buying from the same store! But, this must be some good $#!+, cuz we’re all still here! Or, maybe it’s because they are the only show in town, cuz I sure as heck would have went elsewhere if not!
I think it'll be a very different story this time next year. Remember, you have one factory producing 4 models of cars for the entire planet (with the exception of China). If Austin and Berlin come on line by the end of this year as planned, it will alleviate a lot the pressures that we currently have with Fremont.

Reactions: Emmadiane
I think it'll be a very different story this time next year. Remember, you have one factory producing 4 models of cars for the entire planet (with the exception of China). If Austin and Berlin come on line by the end of this year as planned, it will alleviate a lot the pressures that we currently have with Fremont.
Yeah, for sure. Especially given the constraints they have today. I’m just talking some $#!+, looking forward to our first EV.

Reactions: fender4645
I got my MY yesterday and I ordered it on 6/10. Brand new build (06/2021), not a demo and 11 mile odometer rating. It has 2 small issues that will get fixed (hopefully at my service appointment tomorrow) but otherwise pristine. And I mean GORGEOUS.

I ordered a M3 LR AWD on May 7th but then changed my mind and decided I wanted a MY instead. I returned my Audi A5 on May 31st so I couldn't wait until September, which was the current EDD for a June order on a MY LR AWD.

So I installed a Chrome browser extension to auto-refresh (there are a bunch but I went with Auto Refresh Plus bc it had high ratings). I set it to 7 seconds and created an alert for "less than 50". Unless it says "Demo Vehicle" it's a brand new build straight from Fremont (at least for people who are delivering to the L.A. area). I waited until the configuration I wanted was available and immediately bought it. You have a few seconds before someone else does or it gets assigned to another person waiting to be matched with a VIN/car.

I noticed that this works method currently works with the MY but not M3. My hunch is that Tesla is producing more MYs than M3s and that it hasn't been matching MYs to an existing order until after the vehicle is produced? Who knows. It's all just an assumption. Also, I'm not sure if this works outside of the LA area as I had my search range set to 90011.

Anyway, that's my advice to anyone waiting for a MY. Don't wait for your order.

View attachment 674029View attachment 674030
ahhhhh congrats! and lucky! I wish I could find one!

I have a couple of questions and was wondering if someone here can help.
1. My current EDD is June 23-30. I have opted for self arranged financing and I am worried that if Tesla decides to call me on 30th to pick the car on the same day, then it might not be possible for my credit union to send a check in such a short time frame. They take 1 day due to overnight shipping. Is getting a notification to pickup on the last day of the quarter a possibility? How to handle this situation
2. Do you recommend going through tesla arranged financing in this situation? I have a much better rate through my credit union, it's just that getting the check from them might take a day.
3. Is there a way my credit union(Digital Federal Credit Union) can send the payment electronically to Tesla? If yes, how? If not, who should the check be made out to?
4. In the rare case something drastic is wrong with the car and I need to reject delivery, how can I reject in case I get home delivery?

For #2 -- My opinion, and what I'll probably end up doing, go with Tesla Finance to make it simple. Then just Re-Fi into your CU. As a "New Car Refi" it should get the same rates (it does with my associated CU's).

Got some really good info from someone at the SC I called. There are like 4 different places in their system where they can try to get info about your car based on your RN. He felt really strongly that given my specific range in June that I will get my order (4/22 order). My outside date was 6/29 and he said you get the VIN when the car is being assembled in Fremont but the blue button doesnt appear until the car is in transit (I think he may have said delivered to the SC) I asked if I should be looking at inventory cars and he said that I am so close and I should expect a vin "this week". Big grain of salt, but he seemed really confident.

My EDD has narrowed down to June 29-30 so I have a good feeling about getting my car by the end of the month. Does anyone know what it is like at the delivery centers with the big end of quarter rush to deliver? Do you have time to look the car over or are you pressured to take the car and go? I know I have some time and miles to report problems after pickup, but I live 125 miles from my delivery center so I need to find any flaws before I leave with the car. Curious what others have experienced.

Got some really good info from someone at the SC I called. There are like 4 different places in their system where they can try to get info about your car based on your RN. He felt really strongly that given my specific range in June that I will get my order (4/22 order). My outside date was 6/29 and he said you get the VIN when the car is being assembled in Fremont but the blue button doesnt appear until the car is in transit (I think he may have said delivered to the SC) I asked if I should be looking at inventory cars and he said that I am so close and I should expect a vin "this week". Big grain of salt, but he seemed really confident.
Got slightly different response for this of us having a delivery from the factory. Apparently VIN should arrive in account within days of delivery, so not while being assembled. Basically was told after VIN arrived it would be a day or at most 2 to delivery. Also even though delivery to home isn't showing as an option she assured me from Fremont they'd do a home delivery, so no need to be present.
Apparently it's also looking good for my order (MYP black/b&w/tow/fsd) placed this month for delivery. I purchased a demo as a back up, but am hoping to release it when I get a VIN, SA said she expected to be able to have a definitive June delivery date for the new MYP by the time I'd have to decide on the demo.

I sure hope we get our MYs by month end!

Reactions: Ubez
I am glad that someone was able to give you some info. My SA at Rocklin refuses to say anything at all.

OMG! Finally!!! 🤯😎
Screenshot_20210616-135706_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210616-140002_Chrome.jpg

Ordered 4/23, MYP, white/white, 5, No hitch, No FSD.. Originally Buena Park pickup