Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe a dumb question, does anyone know, if we are assigned a VIN, shall we get an email notification, or do we have to refresh the page regularly?
No email notification, but it’ll appear on your car’s profile page in your account under the RN number.

Really the only thing I ever got when a VIN was assigned to me was an automated text from Tesla telling me to get ready for my delivery. That‘s happened to me like clockwork on the last couple of Tesla car orders.

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Thought I would join in on the fun!

Ordered 4/19 MYLR/5/MSM/Black/20”
EDD was sticking around at 6/15-6/30
Had the September glitch last weekend, and then moved to early July.
EDD as of yesterday/ this morning 6/17: 7/3-7/20
EDD is currently back to September.

I wonder if they are having problems with MSM colour as I hardly see those around here in Sacramento...
We have the same configuration same here in San Diego have not seen many either

Reactions: tab31
Good morning! Wowsa!! Woke up to the blue button!! Have my VIN and a delivery date of June 17-21. Submitted full payment as well. So now I wait for the phone call. Lol And of course this happens after I just bought (paid the $100 deposit) for the other MY (with the additional tow) yesterday!!!
Congrats. What was your EDD before your blue button?

No email notification, but it’ll appear on your car’s profile page in your account under the RN number.

Really the only thing I ever got when a VIN was assigned to me was an automated text from Tesla telling me to get ready for my delivery. That‘s happened to me like clockwork on the last couple of Tesla car orders.
Seems I can't just stop checking the page to get a better mood...

91C7075E-7E95-400E-B032-61A84FE017B0.jpeg

Hello darkness my old friend / wake me up when September ends.

Good morning! Wowsa!! Woke up to the blue button!! Have my VIN and a delivery date of June 17-21. Submitted full payment as well. So now I wait for the phone call. Lol And of course this happens after I just bought (paid the $100 deposit) for the other MY (with the additional tow) yesterday!!!
I got blue button and vin on Tuesday, still no request for payment

Reactions: CarpeDiem12
Sooo, update here. I checked on my Tesla account a few minutes ago and it now says I have a delivery appointment for the 20th between 9am and 6pm. But I just got a text saying that I should expect delivery between 1 and 3 days at my home (had the address in the text) and that I don't need to be home. That I just need to "electronically sign the contract" which will be available on the 18th. The MVPA is in my account.

anyone here reserved a Y from "existing inventory" that was currently in transit ?
I got my MY yesterday and I ordered it on 6/10. Brand new build (06/2021), not a demo and 11 mile odometer rating. It has 2 small issues that will get fixed (hopefully at my service appointment tomorrow) but otherwise pristine. And I mean GORGEOUS.

I ordered a M3 LR AWD on May 7th but then changed my mind and decided I wanted a MY instead. I returned my Audi A5 on May 31st so I couldn't wait until September, which was the current EDD for a June order on a MY LR AWD.

So I installed a Chrome browser extension to auto-refresh (there are a bunch but I went with Auto Refresh Plus bc it had high ratings). I set it to 7 seconds and created an alert for "less than 50". Unless it says "Demo Vehicle" it's a brand new build straight from Fremont (at least for people who are delivering to the L.A. area). I waited until the configuration I wanted was available and immediately bought it. You have a few seconds before someone else does or it gets assigned to another person waiting to be matched with a VIN/car.

I noticed that this works method currently works with the MY but not M3. My hunch is that Tesla is producing more MYs than M3s and that it hasn't been matching MYs to an existing order until after the vehicle is produced? Who knows. It's all just an assumption. Also, I'm not sure if this works outside of the LA area as I had my search range set to 90011.

Anyway, that's my advice to anyone waiting for a MY. Don't wait for your order.

View attachment 674029View attachment 674030
When you ordered this was it in "transit" or already at SC

Sooo, update here. I checked on my Tesla account a few minutes ago and it now says I have a delivery appointment for the 20th between 9am and 6pm. But I just got a text saying that I should expect delivery between 1 and 3 days at my home (had the address in the text) and that I don't need to be home. That I just need to "electronically sign the contract" which will be available on the 18th. The MVPA is in my account.
congrats man!! i got a VIN as well - same config/delivery location so looks like we are in the same batch. also have the same delivery as you.

the weird thing is the delivery location is an old Airbnb i was staying at earlier this year and not my current address (the one that will be on my registration). hmm...

Reactions: CarpeDiem12
Speculation, but my dates were showing 6/20 earliest, until I told my SA to swap me to 3rd party financing, now the minimum date has been the 18th. Granted that's probably just a coincidence, but it got me thinking maybe the extra day or two was the padding for having to deal with the bank.

I know a lot of people are upset with how Tesla deals with these deliveries, but I haven't been told any lies yet. As soon as I ordered I received an email saying it should be late June, and my EDD has always been that. Maybe if it hits July I would change my opinion, but so far I'm getting it as fast as promised.
When I ordered on 4/9, I was told late May or early June. I think we're past "early June" at this point. I never considered it a "lie" though. Obviously there's a lot that goes into producing and delivering a vehicle and many things can go wrong or change. I think most people are just frustrated with the ever-changing EDD which is all we have to go on at this point. At one point I had a May 21st delivery.

When I ordered on 4/9, I was told late May or early June. I think we're past "early June" at this point. I never considered it a "lie" though. Obviously there's a lot that goes into producing and delivering a vehicle and many things can go wrong or change. I think most people are just frustrated with the ever-changing EDD which is all we have to go on at this point. At one point I had a May 21st delivery.

Not pertaining to your recent post, but I know that you and I have been close in EDD and close in config.

Did you shift at all today? This is the first time I haven't seen my EDD move by +1 day. I'm at June 17-30 today (same as yesterday)

Reactions: fender4645
I think it's like how 50% of people posting in here will create a thread about "real world range" thread with concerns about their battery 2 days after driving it. Just ignore the EDD, and put your car to % asap.

Reactions: Jeff N
Not pertaining to your recent post, but I know that you and I have been close in EDD and close in config.

Did you shift at all today? This is the first time I haven't seen my EDD move by +1 day. I'm at June 17-30 today (same as yesterday)
Nope, no shift. Same as you -- June 17-30. My SA told me Monday that it was scheduled to finish building on the 19th so right now that's what I'm anticipating. Hopefully we're both in the same boat.

• Love
Reactions: tyfu90