Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up getting the Y yesterday at the Tesla store near me. It was a Sunday morning text saying my Model Y was at the location and I could pick it up in the afternoon or they would deliver today. I chose to go get it. The car is perfect and I love it!.

I'm installing a Wall Charger tomorrow and will be good to go. I chose a 3 year lease because I feel EV's will improve dramatically by my lease end date and there should be several good options. I have a Cybertruck Dual Motor reservation and that could very well be a purchase for me in 3 (or less) years. I'm a big fan of what Tesla is doing and the way they're doing it.

Apparently a lot of cars sitting in the logistics lots. I got a VIN 5 days ago now. I've got at 209, seeing stuff up to 215/216. Something is up with some Rocklin deliveries.

EDD since getting VIN

6/16 : 6/17-6/30
6/17 : 6/20-6/30
6/18 : 6/20-6/30
6/19 : 6/20-6/27
6/20 : 6/20-6/27
6/21 : 6/23-6/29
6/21 PM : 6/25-7/2

I ended up getting the Y yesterday at the Tesla store near me. It was a Sunday morning text saying my Model Y was at the location and I could pick it up in the afternoon or they would deliver today. I chose to go get it. The car is perfect and I love it!.

I'm installing a Wall Charger tomorrow and will be good to go. I chose a 3 year lease because I feel EV's will improve dramatically by my lease end date and there should be several good options. I have a Cybertruck Dual Motor reservation and that could very well be a purchase for me in 3 (or less) years. I'm a big fan of what Tesla is doing and the way they're doing it.
Lots of old S's out there. There's a reason, even to this point not much has come close. I've test drove a lot of Y's for shoots I've done. I've driven all the models. Even with some nice benefits of the higher end cars, the Y always wins for me. It's perfect and looks great. I get wanting to keep up on tech, but a lot of other EV and OEM's are still years behind when you get into the overall tech and UI.

I noticed something that I haven't seen anyone mention, on the Model Y ordering page. My understanding had been that you get the FSD computer regardless of whether you purchase the $10k FSD option or not, and then it's just a SW enable if you do eventually opt in.

However now on the ordering page, one of the items listed under the FSD option is 'Full Self-Driving Computer' implying that if you don't take this option, the HW may be different. Does anyone know about this? My pessimism is making me think there is a chip shortage of the FSD chip silicon and we are getting a lesser unit, could also explain why the delivery seems to be taking longer for non-FSD.
Interesting theory. However, I notice that it says the same for model x and s too. I doubt they will remove this from their premium lineup. Specially with the rumored subscription plan.

Reactions: Dasbooty
Did you take delivery at the Dublin Service Center or did they meet you somewhere? When I ordered it said I'd pickup at the SC but then when finalizing payment I didn't even get a choice, just a set date for home delivery. I called Dublin and when I finally got someone they said they weren't doing deliveries just home ones out of a staging area. More curious than anything. My home delivery is tomorrow sometime.. Will be hard to work waiting all day for it to arrive LOL
Yes. They offered home delivery, but I didn’t want them putting the initial miles on the car. Since we’re close, flatbed delivery wasn’t an option. We weren’t the only ones taking delivery there. It was pretty busy actually.

Welcome to the cult, errrr club. ENJOY!!

Yes. They offered home delivery, but I didn’t want them putting the initial miles on the car. Since we’re close, flatbed delivery wasn’t an option. We weren’t the only ones taking delivery there. It was pretty busy actually.

Welcome to the cult, errrr club. ENJOY!!
Well been a cult member since 2017 hehe. Maybe they gave me alternative facts because my car wasn't there but at the "staging" area. Hmmm. Well 🤞 i can sleep tonight lol 13 hours until the delivery window opens

Reactions: SaloonGoon
FINALLY got the Blue Button to acknowledge lack of radar and a VIN. F217XXX.
Delivery window now 6/22-25 (down from 6/22-30 earlier today). Still no link to send over payment or schedule delivery, and no emails or texts. Saw it upon refresh. Bay Area, Freemont delivery. Order 4/14, profile 4/14. MYLR Blue/Black, Gemini, Tow, No FSD.
Congrats. Still waiting on my 4/9 order. 😥😢😭

That’s great! I ordered MYLR White Exterior, Black Interior, 5 Seats, Induction wheels, with tow, and without FSD On 4/3 from SA in Rocklin.

Wonder if they forgot about us Early April 3rd customers? Sure hope I am not getting played since they increased the cost and I am supposedly locked in. Maybe not delivering is a strategy hoping I cancel?!
That caused me to start looking existing inventory...I had an April 1 order that never came in.... luckily I found my build. I was in OC for pick up in Buena Park, my SA was pretty useless

Reactions: PoohnPigletOC
That’s great! I ordered MYLR White Exterior, Black Interior, 5 Seats, Induction wheels, with tow, and without FSD On 4/3 from SA in Rocklin.

Wonder if they forgot about us Early April 3rd customers? Sure hope I am not getting played since they increased the cost and I am supposedly locked in. Maybe not delivering is a strategy hoping I cancel?!
That caused me to start looking existing inventory...I had an April 1 order that never came in.... luckily I found my build. I was in OC for pick up in Buena Park, my SA was pretty useless

4/4 order. Same boat as you. Current edd is july 6-26

Literally drove past 4 semi truck's hauling a bunch of new Model Y cars for delivery.... 4 different ones that had about 10 Model Y's on each! However, they were all headed out of CA. Drove past them on the 15 freeway today on our way back from Vegas, and they were all heading on the 15 north.

Unless there's a hidden Tesla dealer between Barstow & Primm that I don't know about, looks like they're heading towards Vegas or Utah 😒