Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw one pop up in San Diego with less than 50 miles that was exactly what I wanted. I hit the buy button and it wasn't there anymore.
E742E397-AF5C-4071-943B-E01B4941011B.jpeg

Are you getting any credible information from your SA? I don’t feel like mine is very helpful.
Meh, define credible. He's pretty responsive and proactive in giving me information. It's just been mostly wrong up till now :p . The last date he gave me was that my car was scheduled to be produced on 6/19 and that it should only be a few days after that. It's been four days now so I'm assuming that didn't happen. My EDD has been September now for 3 days but I normally don't put too much emphasis on that as I've been there before a few times. The odd thing about this one is that I seem to be the only one (or only one of a few) who are at September right now.

The other thing is that there really aren't any people with my exact config. Blue's seem to be on the rare side and even more so with with the 20" inductions. No clue if that's playing into the delays.

Burbank Peeps!
Was passing through Burbank and saw 3 brand MYs, no plates, pulling into the Burbank mall Parking lot. So I decided to be a creep and follow them - so glad I did!! They have so much inventory! They have an entire parking row/lane dedicated to white MY and M3, half filled with black, and another couple blue and reds. And they keep bringing in more.
Guessing they are being delivered prior to VINs. I felt a little better - just a little… now give me my car!!
You are a hero. This puts my anxious mind at ease. Look at all them cars! Thanks!

Reactions: Wishingwell
SHOULD HAVE ORDERED A MYP... WOULD HAVE MY VIN 😫
There's a blue P available right now in the Bay Area that I've contemplated getting. But it would be another $12,000 for me with P increase plus the price increases since I've ordered. I just can't do that. I think I'd rather spend $10k on FSD than a P. This is my commute car so the increased range is important to me as well.

Reactions: JustYNot
Burbank Peeps!
Was passing through Burbank and saw 3 brand MYs, no plates, pulling into the Burbank mall Parking lot. So I decided to be a creep and follow them - so glad I did!! They have so much inventory! They have an entire parking row/lane dedicated to white MY and M3, half filled with black, and another couple blue and reds. And they keep bringing in more.
Guessing they are being delivered prior to VINs. I felt a little better - just a little… now give me my car!!
Thanks for the update! This gives me a little bit of hope that I'll get a delivery by the end of the month.

So an SA just told me over the phone that you get 100miles to report any issues with the car after delivery. I've read here it is 24hrs OR 100miles, whichever comes first. He said the 24hrs thing is not true. Anyone have any info to back up what the SA said? Is there anything in writing at time of delivery? Asking because I may be on vacation during my delivery and car may sit for a few days before I get to inspect it.

She’s here! Arrived via home delivery yesterday about 2pm.

With my Model 3 I got in 2019 I had several issues, including literally having to have the whole car repainted due to many defects (44 days in the shop!!). So I went through this car with a fine tooth comb, it’s next to flawless! Build quality has definitely improved. Zero issues with paint. One aero cover was not fully on the wheel, and when I popped it off I noticed one of the clips was broken and it scratched the wheel. And when moving the 2nd row forward to access the third a small trim piece pops off from underneath. That’s is.
One other observation… the cabin is so much more quiet compared to my 3. Doors shut with better feeling thump as well, much more in line with other luxury cars. Well done Tesla for making so many improvements over the past two years.

EDIT: Original Order Date 5/27, profile complete 5/28, VIN assigned 6/20 (214XXX), delivery 6/22. Google sheet updated!

View attachment 676625
You and I have the exact same build, I’m using your order as my benchmark. Not sure if it’s because your norcal and I’m socal…but ordered 3/28, profile (payment and registration complete 5/22) no vin and edd is 7/19 to 8/10.
Any tips on what you may have done differently that me after profile completion?

So I received my VIN this morning (had been getting my EDD pushed back by a day since Sunday). And then got a text from Tesla around 10:30am saying to expect the car to be dropped off at my home within 1-3 days.

I called the Burbank Center to see if I could pick up there. Like others have mentioned, the only available option is home delivery. The rep I spoke with looked up my order and said my car was currently in transit from the factory but should be dropped off on the 25th.

For those still waiting, don't get discouraged. Things move really quick once the delivery process gets started.

The day has finally come!!! After long long wait (April 9th order), I was fed up with constantly hitting the re-fresh button all day long, every day. It was the first thing I did when I woke up and last thing I did before bed and my marriage was on the rails (jk about the last part)

I told my wife that I'm going to start calling everyday since I've been seeing so many people later orders get fulfilled. My first call was just a simple "hello, where's my car". After the standard, "we wont know until vin is assigned" response, I went back for another refresh and said screw it, I'll also take a look at existing inventory.

I was very adamant since I waited this long that I would not accept a Demo or anything other than off the production line, but saw my EXACT car, non demo within Los Angeles. I immediately called the SA to see if I could add to my account and after a 30sec conversation, I refreshed my account for the shiny blue button which I could not click fast enough!!

The car is fresh off the production line in Fremont and will be making it way to Burbank within the next 2 days from what I was told

Ordered 4/9 and VIN 216 finally received (after viewing existing inventory)

There's a blue P available right now in the Bay Area that I've contemplated getting. But it would be another $12,000 for me with P increase plus the price increases since I've ordered. I just can't do that. I think I'd rather spend $10k on FSD than a P. This is my commute car so the increased range is important to me as well.
Exactly and this will be my commuter as well.

Reactions: fender4645