Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

2 white Ys - nonP available
I don't see it! It's weird how the website searches for car. Sometimes I'll put another zip that's 10 miles out and find results. Sometimes, i'll need to change the radius of the search and find cars... just weird.

Today is the first day where my EDD didn't change. Still shows Aug 13 - Sep 2. It actually decreased by a day as on Wed it was Aug 14 - Sep 3.

At this current time, I'm predicting an early Aug delivery if they get some 'end of July' cars built & shipped out..... either that or a late Sept delivery for the EOQ push.

My EDD was 5 - 26 July for 4 days in a row and today it changed to 26 - 30 June!
I was on 680 north yesterday and saw 3 trucks full of black, red, and white.
Ordered 4/22, Completed my profile on 5/15
MY LR White / Black Interior / 5 Seats / Tow Hitch / 20 inch Wheels

Interesting.. Keep us posted.. I'm following you because we have the same MY, in the same location.

By chance did you look into Tinting or PPF in our area.. Looking for ideas.

I got the email this morning and no blue button after logging into my account. Just EDD of July 14- Aug 3.

I ordered 5/2/21, completed profile 5/3/21, MSM, Black Int., 7 Seat, no tow, no FSD.

The worst part is that my EDD window consistently showed 2nd half June delivery. Now EDD pushed back to July 14-Aug 3.
Replying to my own message with an update.

I took delivery of my car last night 6/24. Looks great aside from some minor issues that can easily be fixed (or may be within spec). I submitted all through the app to get checked out next week.

The day after I got the the dreaded email my EDD went back to June 15-30 and kept moving +1 day on the front end until I got to June 25-30 (on June 24).

June 24:

(3:45 pm): got a call from Tesla that my car will be delivered by 8pm to my house. I was very surprised (and ecstatic) because there was no other notification. No email, no text and no blue button on my account page earlier in the day (I must refreshed my account page 15x yesterday).

(3:50pm): I checked my account page after the call and the blue button appeared. After clicking the button my VIN (21686x) appeared. I went through all the steps and processed ACH.

(6:03pm) Got email confirming my appointment

(8:06pm) Got email that my car is in my drive way

(8:10pm - 8:20pm) Managed to keep calm and do a quick exterior inspection

(8:21pm) Went for a drive with the biggest smile on my face I've ever had.

It was all very fast yesterday and the car was in great condition. This made up for the anxiety waiting, incessantly checking my account page, lurking in the forums.

Admittedly my wait time was average (53 days from order date) based on what I've read here.

Config: 5/2/21, completed profile 5/3/21, MSM, Black Int., 7 Seat, no tow, no FSD. (this is only my second post so including my specs here).

I'll continue to check in and offer support for those waiting beyond Q2 end. Good luck and crossing my fingers for lots of vins issued in the next week.

Did the Tesla employee / driver take off right after dropping off the car, leaving you log into the app to unlock the doors? Or was somebody waiting around to officially 'hand off' the car to you once you came outside to see it?

I know when Tesla dropped off my Model 3 last March, they handed it off to me and had me sign their iPad for their paperwork. Just curious to see how other deliveries have been going these days.

Ordered 4/18 MYLR, White/Black, 20", Tow Hitch, No FSD. Received blue button this morning. I also received the JUNE txt on Wednesday. Oddly, i have no option to submit final payment and my EDD now says September. Yesterday was showing 6/25-6/30. Ordered through Dublin.

2 more. if i wasnt so set on the white seats id scoop up that white Y asap
Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 9.19.39 AM.png

Did the Tesla employee / driver take off right after dropping off the car, leaving you log into the app to unlock the doors? Or was somebody waiting around to officially 'hand off' the car to you once you came outside to see it?

I know when Tesla dropped off my Model 3 last March, they handed it off to me and had me sign their iPad for their paperwork. Just curious to see how other deliveries have been going these days.
The person who dropped off my car couldnt have been quicker to leave. By luck I saw him pull up on my camera so I ran outside.

He snapped a few pictures and was gone within 2 min of dropping it off. He had a tail car with him (model X) that seemed to be with other people also making deliveries. He did say they had over 300 deliveries yesterday moving out of Burbank.

I just showed my friend that white one, as he has the exact same order in right now with an August EDD. However, it costs $200 more than what he paid back in May and he said he'd rather wait and get a brand new one than a demo car with less than 50 miles on it 😆

EDIT: and just like that, it's now gone from their website.

Last edited:

My car was dropped off last night. I spoke with the driver but there is no official handoff. They key cards and DMV paperwork are left in the car. Once you hit the accept delivery button in your account (and make any required payment) the car will appear in the Tesla app on your phone.

I'm still not a fan of home deliveries and miss the ability to pick up at the Tesla center. I couldn't inspect the car until after I accepted delivery and moved the car to the garage since it was dark outside. Overall, things look good but Tesla QC is still hit or miss. I will spend some more time to really look over the car today, but so far I need to make a service appointment to address a few items:

1. One side of the spoiler isn't adhering to the body (guess this is common)

2. Hood is not aligned correctly. Driver's side panel gap is noticeably larger than the other side. Hopefully this is easy adjustment. Other panel gaps look pretty good.

3. Big chip/scratch on the rear door exterior trim. Thought this was wax or polish at first, but a chunk is actually missing from the metal.

jTSLRmN.jpg

Oh, and good luck to those still waiting. I still have no doubts those in CA who ordered in April, May, and even early June will get deliveries this month. My car was delivered out of the Burbank center and the driver said they are insanely busy delivering cars...and only getting busier during this final week of June.

I ordered 4/15. Date pushed out another day today 6/27-6/30
Mine also did the same today. I honestly think we will not get a June delivery. For the past couple of weeks, my SA has been saying early July. I think we are being overlooked because we didn't buy the FSD, that combined with the lower purchase price we are being pushed to Q3 so the margins won't impact the bottom line.

The person who dropped off my car couldnt have been quicker to leave. By luck I saw him pull up on my camera so I ran outside.

He snapped a few pictures and was gone within 2 min of dropping it off. He had a tail car with him (model X) that seemed to be with other people also making deliveries. He did say they had over 300 deliveries yesterday moving out of Burbank.

Hah, ironically my Model 3 was also delivered from Burbank, and the driver was followed by a white Model X. Both guys stuck around while I came out to check out the car and were at my house for a good 30 minutes. However, this was at 8:30pm on 3/31 so I may have been their last delivery. If they still had more deliveries to do, I'm sure they would've left way sooner.

I expect it to get really busy in this thread over the next 5 days. Along with many more stories like this:

Replying to my own message with an update.

I took delivery of my car last night 6/24. Looks great aside from some minor issues that can easily be fixed (or may be within spec). I submitted all through the app to get checked out next week.

The day after I got the the dreaded email my EDD went back to June 15-30 and kept moving +1 day on the front end until I got to June 25-30 (on June 24).

June 24:

(3:45 pm): got a call from Tesla that my car will be delivered by 8pm to my house. I was very surprised (and ecstatic) because there was no other notification. No email, no text and no blue button on my account page earlier in the day (I must refreshed my account page 15x yesterday).

(3:50pm): I checked my account page after the call and the blue button appeared. After clicking the button my VIN (21686x) appeared. I went through all the steps and processed ACH.

(6:03pm) Got email confirming my appointment

(8:21pm) Went for a drive with the biggest smile on my face I've ever had.

It was all very fast yesterday and the car was in great condition. This made up for the anxiety waiting, incessantly checking my account page, lurking in the forums.

Admittedly my wait time was average (53 days from order date) based on what I've read here.

Config: 5/2/21, completed profile 5/3/21, MSM, Black Int., 7 Seat, no tow, no FSD. (this is only my second post so including my specs here).

I'll continue to check in and offer support for those waiting beyond Q2 end. Good luck and crossing my fingers for lots of vins issued in the next week.

My EDD's moved up a chuck which is a good indicator, now at 7/25 to 8/15, which is good since I'll be out of state through 7/10.