Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please read the thousands posts on here about end of quarter craziness and people sending payment for cars and the have deliveries changed. My advice is to not pay until you see the car. And don’t sell your old car until you see the Tesla. It will save a lot of pain.
Any recommendation for us relatively new members who ordered 1-2 months before the end of quarters?

Don’t feel that you have to pay the second you see a button appear on a website. They cannot legally force you to pay before taking delivery in most states. If you need to sell your existing car to make a down payment, then you Need to factor in potentially renting a car if your delivery date gets pushed back. If this makes the Tesla not worth it then that sucks but it is part of the deal with buying a Tesla. If you feel there shouldn’t be all these hassles, don’t buy one. Or buy the company and be the Burger King (have it your way). It sucks to say this but, be patient or look elsewhere. It is a very rewarding experience. But if you don’t like this buying process, look for inventory, demo or used cars. Those are in stock on hand so delivery should be more normal.

At least we are all in this together. All of this madness just to push EOQ numbers?
Il
Don’t feel that you have to pay the second you see a button appear on a website. They cannot legally force you to pay before taking delivery in most states. If you need to sell your existing car to make a down payment, then you Need to factor in potentially renting a car if your delivery date gets pushed back. If this makes the Tesla not worth it then that sucks but it is part of the deal with buying a Tesla. If you feel there shouldn’t be all these hassles, don’t buy one. Or buy the company and be the Burger King (have it your way). It sucks to say this but, be patient or look elsewhere. It is a very rewarding experience. But if you don’t like this buying process, look for inventory, demo or used cars. Those are in stock on hand so delivery should be more normal.
A rewarding experience is different than performing tasks as requested, executing a contract for a specific vehicle, only to have one party unilaterally revoke the executed and performed agreement for no legitimate reason. That’s the frustrating part; on top of deceptive answers as to what truly occurred.

Reactions: JustYNot
12 hours until I (hopefully) pick up my car. They said it should be leaving Fremont for SB in the morning. But what a whirlwind the last couple days... Got the DCU loan docs, but they were wrong, so waited on hold for 2 hours for them to correct, then got it rate matched through Tesla, all in the same day.

Today the delivery center called and asked if I had any questions etc. Long story short, needed to fix the registration, which meant redoing the loan, then reapplying the rate match then resigning the agreement.. I feel grateful, but also bad for the Tesla rep that helped us, because it was the end of the day and he definitely stayed later to make sure things got done. (We were planning on fixing the registration at the DMV later, but now we shouldn't have to).

Next post should be a pic of my red MYLR

Randomly came outside my house to leave only to find my MY on my driveway???? They must have came between 7-9PM because I got home at 6:30PM and was going to grab some food at 9PM.

No messages, emails or calls to let me know that they were delivering the car today whatsoever. Checked my profile all day and delivery date said June 30 9AM-6PM. Plus, I tried contacting my SA this morning to confirm that I'm all set for delivery "tomorrow" but never got a reply back.

Overall the build is good and I can't wait to take it out for the first time tomorrow!

I'm honestly still very shocked and confused. I guess it was nice surprise??? If you're delivery date is close by, check your driveway haha!

02BF74AB-B286-4553-A419-9846E3DE2820.jpeg

Randomly came outside my house to leave only to find my MY on my driveway???? They must have came between 7-9PM because I got home at 6:30PM and was going to grab some food at 9PM.

No messages, emails or calls to let me know that they were delivering the car today whatsoever. Checked my profile all day and delivery date said June 30 9AM-6PM. Plus, I tried contacting my SA this morning to confirm that I'm all set for delivery "tomorrow" but never got a reply back.

Overall the build is good and I can't wait to take it out for the first time tomorrow!

I'm honestly still very shocked and confused. I guess it was nice surprise??? If you're delivery date is close by, check your driveway haha!

View attachment 679594
Wow that’s insane! Congrats! Omg!! I wish that happen to me lol

Reactions: nojuice