Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FINALLY GOT MY VIN TODAY!!

Ordered 5/1, profile completed on 5/2, no FSD, no Tow.

Been anxiously texted my SA for the past month, gave up hope yesterday, and woke up this morning with the blue button!

Question tho: my VIN is 214XXX does that mean this car was rejected by someone?
Just got my VIN as well - #224XXX.

No details on how to submit payment or schedule delivery yet.
congrats and screw both of you. lol

Ha! I'm not even sure they know who their manager is that day.

Tesla is a different kind of car company. Nothing about what you know or expect is the same. They do things their own way. A lot of time it doesn't make sense or just pisses you off. Again, not saying it's ok. Just saying there really is nothing any of us can do to change it other than not buying the cars. At least for me, I've decided I'll put up with the nonsense because it's the best EV on the market (at least today). I may not understand why I'm not treated like a luxury customer at the $60k price point, but at least my blood pressure is lower these days.
Right. At least you won't get a flyer in the mail about the oil change promotions. And while you're in the shop, you should replace the filters and this and that.

Just got my VIN as well - #224XXX.

No details on how to submit payment or schedule delivery yet.
I didn't get the payment button either immediately. Only when I called the delivery center and scheduled a delivery did it show up. If you want it ASAP, call whatever SC/DC is doing your delivery and see if they can schedule one. I was able to get delivery the day after I received VIN. Considering it's the last day of the quarter, it may be possible to get your car today still.

For those still waiting on delivery, please take the time to thoroughly inspect your cars. Mine was dropped off late in the evening so I couldn't really check it out until the next day. Nothing too major, a couple misaligned panels and a chunk of material missing from the rear window trim. And a scratch on the lower trim of the rear bumper that won't come out. Made a service center appointment to take care of these issues. Unfortunately typical Tesla end of quarter shenanigans.

Vba4Tny.jpg

P3F56ha.jpg

But a friend took delivery of their MY yesterday and it was in much rougher shape. And it seems when prepping the car, the detailer ran the polisher over the headlights but did a poor job. So the headlights are a swirly mess. They looked terrible out in the sun. And they need new key cards as well since they warped while in the heat of the car.
Totally agree.. since they are trying to deliver as many cars they can today.. mine have to sit in SC until they’re not as busy. But at least all concerns will be fixed.

Reactions: ucsdsig
FINALLY GOT MY VIN TODAY!!

Ordered 5/1, profile completed on 5/2, no FSD, no Tow.

Been anxiously texted my SA for the past month, gave up hope yesterday, and woke up this morning with the blue button!

Question tho: my VIN is 214XXX does that mean this car was rejected by someone?
I have vin 214xxx received it 6/24 build date was this month. It only has 2 mile when I picked it up

Folks still waiting for VIN/delivery:

Called Burbank DC. According to their internal system notes I am soft matched to a VIN that is in pre-production right now at the facility and would be either delivered tonight (?) or tomorrow and I could expect pickup no later than Saturday. (again ??)

won't get my hopes up but for any other SCAL folks who had their VIN taken away, there is a small chance of still getting a car in the upcoming few days...

So I have a question. Got a VIN (2nd time) today. EDD = 06/30-07/04. I don't see a blue button. Is that normal or should I expect it by now?
If you already agreed to Tesla Vision, you wouldn't have to agree to it again.

EDIT YOUR "Signature" Walnut Creek | Order date: 5/7 | MYLR | White ext / Black int | 19" | 5 Seats | Tow By June 30th?
MODEY Y TESLIKE ORDER TRACKER - Add your Details!
If you don't see Signatures, you're on a phone, turn it sideways.

If you already agreed to Tesla Vision, you wouldn't have to agree to it again.

EDIT YOUR "Signature" Walnut Creek | Order date: 5/7 | MYLR | White ext / Black int | 19" | 5 Seats | Tow By June 30th?
MODEY Y TESLIKE ORDER TRACKER - Add your Details!
If you don't see Signatures, you're on a phone, turn it sideways.
Thanks, yes I did the first time... but on this second VIN, that never came up. So I should just be waiting for a text/call/email at this point to schedule delivery?

Thanks, yes I did the first time... but on this second VIN, that never came up. So I should just be waiting for a text/call/email at this point to schedule delivery?
Masters is right. Once you agree to it, you don't have to do it again (and it won't show up).

As for scheduling delivery, see my post above. I was able to super fast track my delivery by being proactive and calling them. Call wherever you're planning on getting delivery from and they will be able to tell you where your car is (i.e. still at the factory, in transport, or at the delivery center)

"older" VIN could be someone declined it due to: car rejected from needing fixing or buffed out, someone simply passing on it after waiting a few days.

Keep in mind, Fremont made about 2,000 Model 3&Y (TSLA doesn't break down how much of each) combined in one day. 2k cars in 1 day. So it is only a few-days old car at the end.
I think a little more than a few days (but not much). My car was born on 6/24 and it was a 217xxx VIN. Looks like the earliest 214xxx VIN was delivered on 6/21 so my guess these were probably built 6/19 or so.

Masters is right. Once you agree to it, you don't have to do it again (and it won't show up).

As for scheduling delivery, see my post above. I was able to super fast track my delivery by being proactive and calling them. Call wherever you're planning on getting delivery from and they will be able to tell you where your car is (i.e. still at the factory, in transport, or at the delivery center)
Thank you. Much appreciated. Called twice, no luck. Sent an email to my SA + [email protected] to see if they can help.

Folks still waiting for VIN/delivery:

Called Burbank DC. According to their internal system notes I am soft matched to a VIN that is in pre-production right now at the facility and would be either delivered tonight (?) or tomorrow and I could expect pickup no later than Saturday. (again ??)

won't get my hopes up but for any other SCAL folks who had their VIN taken away, there is a small chance of still getting a car in the upcoming few days...
What the heck is a “soft” match? The language they use. Geez. Sorry. Im pissed off right now smh

Reactions: Mini23
Just found a car in inventory and got VIN matched to my account. It is in Fremont already. May get delivery today. At this point I'd be happy to wait a week or so for delivery. Just happy to know there is a car out there, reserved for me. Finally!
Im gonna go ahead and take that VIN away from you so we can hear one more time the “unexpected” delay response 😂

• Funny
Reactions: blackrx