Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My trade in value expired submitted update OD reading and got an email to complete my profile.
EDD went from July 6-26 to now August 29-sept 28.
Not sure if my profile is complete, chat support said it can take up to 72 hours to get an updated offer and my profile says nothing is pending.

not sure what to make if it and it’s disheartening to see a July edd to now late 3q

I have the almost same order “ Long range, 5 seat, white exterior, black interior, with tow,” and 20” induction wheels. SA quoted similar timeframe.
I have the same order with 19 wheels.. After never hitting July.. Was always june 15-30, then walked one day at a time when it got within two days.

Now it says September for the last 5 days .(I guess July and August didn't exist)

Originally when ordered it stated 4-6 Weeks.. Ugh..

Over promise, Under Deliver is Tesla Motto

EDIT YOUR "Signature" Walnut Creek | Order date: 5/7 | MYLR | White ext / Black int | 19" | 5 Seats | Tow Every day changes but By June 30th? Orig 4-6 week from order date.
MODEY Y TESLIKE ORDER TRACKER - Add your Details!

Sometimes I feel bad for the SA’s. They are just in the middle with little to no more information than you or I have. Their soft build date is in line with your EDD pretty much every time.
July 3-6 edd

Received the "2021 Model Y Cash Final Payment Ready" email yesterday. Of course, I am not paying until I can inspect

Standing by for the phone call
by not paying in time, it will assign to another person... you'll see. let us know how it goes.

Sometimes I feel bad for the SA’s. They are just in the middle with little to no more information than you or I have. Their soft build date is in line with your EDD pretty much every time.

The SA do seem useless. I've emailed mine and all i get is that it will be delivered "By September". It was literally a form letter type response.

Some SA's have seen on here to be able to dig into the production system, other SA's will just regurgitate what you see on our screen.

I was able to go to the DC and they kinda told me a little extra information, so the "Uselessness" depends i guess on how busy they are and how proactive they are. Some don't do squat and just let the orders fill by computer numbers.

The Walnut Creek/ Dublin guy I have seemed to get is just sending the form letter. Nothing personal, nothing like they looked into anything.

I would almost take any color with my configuration.

I'm quite frustrated since the original order was 4-6 weeks, then changed to June 16-30 (back in May). We scheduled and got rid of our car on June 25th. Even sent back the text saying that we will take delivery before the end of June.

Just from this board you will see not all SA's are the same.. They have the ability to do much much more when you scan these forums. I have never even met or spoke with my SA. I just get wonderful form letters from Walnut Creek / Dublin.

EDD: Maybe at end of 3rd Quarter?
Never saw a July or August date at this point after all systems showed before June30.

Did some recon at the Pasadena store just now. No vehicles in the showroom, could be a Covid thing. Two Model Ys out back giving test drives. One pulled out while I was "hanging out" not looking suspicious. The other one was VIN 2242XX. Just FYI. So not all demo cars were sold. Makes sense.

RT

Reactions: Cal 4
My trade in value expired submitted update OD reading and got an email to complete my profile.
EDD went from July 6-26 to now August 29-sept 28.
Not sure if my profile is complete, chat support said it can take up to 72 hours to get an updated offer and my profile says nothing is pending.

not sure what to make if it and it’s disheartening to see a July edd to now late 3q
This happened to me 5 days before pick up delivery date....i had to update my trade in offer. I told them do not change if it will screw up delivery...they told me nothing would happen. BAM next day my VIN was gone to someone else. So i am now sitting with Sep EDD...my SA has been very helpful and diligent in getting me another car however...so hoping he comes through for me.

Sold the 3 and now the Y delivery is mid September...

I feel yah. Sold my 3 in Feb as I was supposed to take delivery in March. Long story short, Tesla sold the car to somebody else the day I was supposed to take delivery, and now my EDD is set for mid to late August.

The only saving grace to all of this has been that my wife and I have continued to work remotely this entire time and through the summer. Plus, we saved a lot of money each month without a car payment or extra insurance costs, so that's also been nice. After Labor Day, both of our companies want everyone back full time so we'll need another car by then.

Reactions: OCJeff and Zorg
Emailed my advisor last night. Got an email response today. Asked him if I should take the EDD of Sept literally. He mentioned “we may be able to get you your Y sooner. We’ll email you if we need you to reapply for financing.” Not gonna get my hopes up. Even thought about changing the color, but seeing that many of you who opted for white are still waiting on yours also (and waiting much longer at that.)

[Black/Black, MYLR, 20” induction, No FSD/Tow Hitch, 5 seats, Ordered 2/23 and delayed til lifted and completed profile on 6/15]