Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all do it! Lol. Our first order was in May. Changed things up a bit. Wife went from M3 to MYLR and I went from MYLR to MYP. It’s a good way to keep you occupied. But yeah, I think I heard on YouTube that they are sold out for the year. Might want to try the existing inventory. I hear a lot of people going this route while waiting for their orders. Tesla is just flying off the shelves! I even considered the Mach-E… but would have waited next year anyway for the GT Performance anyway. Good luck🙏
I considered a Mach-E as well... Went as far as renting one off Turo for a weekend to test drive and compare to my husband's MYLR. I honestly liked 80% of it, but it felt like a bland car overall to me. Plus the seats were kind soft and mushy with no support and my husband and friend said riding in the back was awful, they said the were constantly bouncing around. The car I rented only had 3k miles on it and was built in January 2021. After that I placed my order for my MYLR.

As for getting an inventory car, that's actually how we got my husband's MYLR. We ordered 5/28, then doing this EDD dance just before end of quarter 2 a inventory one popped up with the same config but with the Induction wheels. Actually got ahold of an SA and was able to get our reservation moved over to that inventory one before it disappeared. I thought about doing that again, but now I feel like I may have stolen someone's order, so I'll just wait til mine comes. I planned on December and was just hoping for it to come before Christmas (going out of town).

After getting bumped way to February for my Model S order, I just placed an order for a Model Y, long range, blue ext, white int, 7 seat, no FSD. Finished the profile and have a December EDD. Now it'll be a race to see which one will get a VIN first and based what I've been reading here, it's likely going to be the Y.

Just grabbed my second Model Y out of the existing inventory. VIN 244xxx

I'm kicking myself for ever ordering the good ole fashioned way. Cancelled the first car I snagged because I felt I was settling just to get a car without waiting. It was white and not exactly what I wanted.

This time around I ended up with a Model YP, black on black! Excited about picking it up. Delivery date August 14-17th.

Honestly, if you are tired of waiting and willing to pay the extra $$, devote an entire day to hitting the fresh on tesla-info and recruit a team to help you!
Does this really work?

Does this really work?
If you are willing to put in the time, you can likely grab something close to what you are waiting for. Could take a few days of nonstop vigilance. You’ll likely have to compromise on something though. I almost grabbed an inventory vehicle that was almost an exact match but had white interior. I ultimately decided to wait for what I had ordered. If you’re more flexible, then it’s a viable option.