Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD just slipped from 9/22-9/30 to 10/2-10/22 this morning. Right on top of a planned work trip. 🙄
Yikes. I should be grateful. I ordered a week before you on 6/30 and have similar spec with the exception of 20” inductions. My EDD remained the same for the last few weeks 9/18-9/30. Just hoping it stays in September…wished it would go back to 9/5 or was 9/6 but early September…

Reactions: DarthStar
I wonder if the bay area folks closer to the factory are going to see slipping dates? Makes sense though since they need more lead time to ship to SoCal or out of state. I'm really trying hard not to fall into the existing inventory refresh hole, but the new car bug is hard to fight LOL
I’m usually refreshing right after lunch time haha seen a few in the Last month or so but never pulled the triggered.

As of today, Friday the 13th….

My MYP order slipped an extra 1 day now to an EDD of 8/15 - 8/30.

My MYLR order slipped an extra 5 days now to an EDD of 9/10 - 9/30.

It wouldn’t surprise me if my MYLR gets bumped into October, as I’m starting to see a lot of peoples’ orders getting pushed further out.

It's quickly becoming Plan B for me. Carvana already offered me $2K more than Tesla, but I'm not willing or able to live without wheels for an indefinite period of time. So if Carvana or Vroom can move quickly enough once I have a confirmed delivery date, I'll go that path.
Carvana and Carmax were both almost 3k as of Last week over Tesla for my trade (2013 MB ML350). I was going to wait it out but my local Ford dealer sent a mass mailer out looking for cars (previously bought a Mustang from them). I decided to see what they would offer since I was bored. They offered 6k over what Tesla offered and that price was almost 2k more than I paid for it 14 months ago. So I took it now sharing a car until my order comes. It will be interesting being somewhat carless for hopefully only the next 3 months. I think Turo might be getting some serious use by me hehe :)

My point of all that was, you may get even better price for your trade if you have a local dealer near by looking for cars to sell.

Last edited:
After complaining yesterday morning that my dates shifted to late September at 74 days from ordering, at 9:20pm I refreshed my account page for the thousandth time and I saw something new!

I got a VIN! 251xxx and my new delivery window is 8/13-8/16 which is today through Monday! No word from Tesla yet though. My DC is Buena Park. Hopefully I can get it this weekend!

FB7010FB-6B50-4A69-86AC-A57D5B2C3A68.png