Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also ordered MYP red/white 08/13 with edd 09/05-09/25…test drove the myp today and made me more excited. Like a child in a toy store throwing a tantrum not wanting to leave 🤣

For everyone who hasn't ordered yet and is still deciding between Performance and LR, compare Taureans77's experience (red/white, Performance, Order: 08/13, EDD 09/05-09/25) to my experience (red/white, LR, Order 07/31, EDD "December").

Likewise, my advice to everyone is not to give up your existing vehicle (lease, loaner, klunker, etc.) until AFTER your new Tesla is sitting in your driveway. I have a klunker (370,000 miles) so I'm hoping that it actually makes it to "December"

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton

Got mine on Friday the 13th! Not a great pic. Pic of me picking up celebratory Sashimi at my hole-in-the-wall Sushi place in Compton! This thing is a beast on the road. Slightly bumpier than the LR but definitely livable, lol. Funny how people are thinking you're trying to race them when you just wanna go fast! I am only disappointed in one thing. The spoiler is already separating on the driver side. I scheduled the fix but dang... spending all this cash and this? SMH. But I'll still take it, haha. Glad to have had this forum to go to like every hour but time for me to go to other parts of the forum... like the tinting specs and aftermarket parts! Good luck everyone! Oh, and if you're still thinking about LR vs P... go with the P. No regrets and you only live once. Peace.

Attachments

• MYP.jpeg
    MYP.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 60
For everyone who hasn't ordered yet and is still deciding between Performance and LR, compare Taureans77's experience (red/white, Performance, Order: 08/13, EDD 09/05-09/25) to my experience (red/white, LR, Order 07/31, EDD "December").

Likewise, my advice to everyone is not to give up your existing vehicle (lease, loaner, klunker, etc.) until AFTER your new Tesla is sitting in your driveway. I have a klunker (370,000 miles) so I'm hoping that it actually makes it to "December"

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
I ordered LR... EDD was July, August but then it was fluctuating. Then changed to MYP. Just got it Friday. And am I glad! :)

--

This is absolutely the BEST advice…we are down to one car and the EDD has been pushed out. Tesla delivery has been unpredictable so if you need two cars, don’t get rid of the other until your Tesla is delivered.

Just called the Stockton Branch about my 5/23 Order. Apparently I am still "several weeks away, if not sooner," for delivery. Apparently "We start ramping up production to meet our Q3 numbers." Kind of disheartening to hear but I guess the waiting game continues.

This is absolutely the BEST advice…we are down to one car and the EDD has been pushed out. Tesla delivery has been unpredictable so if you need two cars, don’t get rid of the other until your Tesla is delivered.

My lease is up in Oct but Carvana won’t buy out if it’s within two month maturity date. Don’t need a MYP but also don’t want to miss out on the buy $$$ from Carvana.

We’ll be down to one car that’s a 2 seater but that ain’t work with a 8 month old.

--

Definitely wise advice - I returned my leased car too early and ended up car-less for 2 months now… as e645824 stated, don’t trust EDD, nor the VIN, nor the delivery appointment: until after your Tesla is sitting in your driveway - very important!!!

Reactions: SimFox3 and mrfeb14
Got mine on Friday the 13th! Not a great pic. Pic of me picking up celebratory Sashimi at my hole-in-the-wall Sushi place in Compton! This thing is a beast on the road. Slightly bumpier than the LR but definitely livable, lol. Funny how people are thinking you're trying to race them when you just wanna go fast! I am only disappointed in one thing. The spoiler is already separating on the driver side. I scheduled the fix but dang... spending all this cash and this? SMH. But I'll still take it, haha. Glad to have had this forum to go to like every hour but time for me to go to other parts of the forum... like the tinting specs and aftermarket parts! Good luck everyone! Oh, and if you're still thinking about LR vs P... go with the P. No regrets and you only live once. Peace.
Looking good! Love sushi too!! Enjoy the drive.

Reactions: MGsurf
I second that! Our car lease was going to end in July but due to other things we extended it 'til December with plans to purchase 8 weeks before the end of the extension. But I kept seeing Tesla owners on Youtube saying order it now...you can always push delivery if you have to...so on June 20, we placed our order and am so glad we did because as of today, it is definitely not making that 8 week timeline. I can't imagine how stressed I'd be if I had followed our original plan and had to face these fluid delivery dates. Also, it looks like if I had waited, I wouldn't have gotten one until 2022 - ED dates are now showing January if ordered today for MYLR. :eek: