Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did I mention that we have exactly the same config and color? while I do hope we both get our red MYLRs soon, I am curious to see who gets it first, not in a compete mode but wanted to see how Tesla EDD plays out...
Logic would dictate that you would get yours first, since location wise you are closer than I am and ordered WAY before but who knows anymore. I'm with you, though, and hope we both get some kind of closure soon.

Your fellow TeamRed :)

I'm beginning to think the SAs have no clue and are just making up things. Here are emails from my SA at various times:
On 7/9: "Your vehicle is estimated to be ready from the factory end of next week."
On 7/29: "I'm looking into your account and it looks like we're almost there. The car is estimated to be finished beginning of August"
On 8/18: "I checked your account and I'm seeing an estimated end of August. It looks like you'll be matched very soon. We're almost there and I know the car will be worth it. Thank you for your patience!"

Congratulations on picking up your new ride. I agree, there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason for who gets their car first. I ordered my YLR5, Wht,blk,induction wheel, no FSD on 5/31 just got my EDD pushed out to 9/2-9/22. No VIN. So aggravating
Hearing things like this really take Tesla down a few notches after talking them up for so long. Our first Tesla was a Model X, bought via 3rd party so all the horror stories with customer service were kinda lost on me. I hope things turn around for you and my co-worker, he's a fanboy to the max and this has really turned him on them.

I'm beginning to think the SAs have no clue and are just making up things. Here are emails from my SA at various times:
On 7/9: "Your vehicle is estimated to be ready from the factory end of next week."
On 7/29: "I'm looking into your account and it looks like we're almost there. The car is estimated to be finished beginning of August"
On 8/18: "I checked your account and I'm seeing an estimated end of August. It looks like you'll be matched very soon. We're almost there and I know the car will be worth it. Thank you for your patience!"
This is the reply from my SA:

"Thank you for reaching out! Looks like you’re still on track to your projected delivery date. As soon we receive an update, we will reach out asap."

WTF?

tried to log in today and received an error..I remember someone having an error logging in and and got a VIN. I am praying this is the case for me LOL

Attachments

• 1629332637514.png
    1629332637514.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 69
What an eventful day.

Started off getting my VIN early this morning and then uploading the MVPA to DCU around 8am. Rather than waiting an hour on hold, I chose the call-back option and they called me back exactly 2 hours later at 10am. The nice guy (who said to me I'm buying his dream car... lol) finalized my loan doc at 1.24% and pushed it through. Once that was confirmed, I sent an email to my SA to reset my payment option on my Tesla account, and she did this by 11am today (this SA is actually really great and responsive). We chatted a little bit about my car and the ordering & delivery process (which I'm already familiar with from previous Tesla orders & deliveries), and she confirmed that my car was going to be loaded onto a truck and heading down to So Cal later today and should be at the Buena Park delivery center by tomorrow. The DC will then reach out to me to schedule a delivery, and she suspects it'll be this weekend, barring nothing is wrong with the car. My delivery date currently shows 8/18 - 8/22.

While I waited for the DCU loan doc to show up in my email, I applied for Tesla financing and got the standard 2.49% through US Bank. Then I received the DCU loan doc and emailed it to ratematch@tesla and politely asked them if they would be able to match the interest rate. I made sure not to accept the Tesla loan terms after getting approved for it, and also applied for the same loan amount so there weren't any discrepancies. I received an email from "Chris" (the same one that everyone either loves or hates, and can be unpredictable), and he said he was pleased to confirm my rate match to 1.24% for 72 months, and then he finalized my loan for me with the terms using US Bank.... perfect :D 👍

I'm now all set on my end, and now I'm just waiting for the car to get delivered to the Buena Park DC in the next day or so. I'll probably be able to click on the Review my Agreement button soon, and then pay the ACH payment.

So if all goes well, I'll have my MYP by this weekend.

On a side note, my LR order is currently showing an EDD of 9/9 - 9/29. Judging by how my MYP order went, I suspect I may see a VIN for that around 9/20. Still deciding on what I want to do about that, but I have some ideas and I'll let everyone know how that all plays out.

What an eventful day.

Started off getting my VIN early this morning and then uploading the MVPA to DCU around 8am. Rather than waiting an hour on hold, I chose the call-back option and they called me back exactly 2 hours later at 10am. The nice guy (who said to me I'm buying his dream car... lol) finalized my loan doc at 1.24% and pushed it through. Once that was confirmed, I sent an email to my SA to reset my payment option on my Tesla account, and she did this by 11am today (this SA is actually really great and responsive). We chatted a little bit about my car and the ordering & delivery process (which I'm already familiar with from previous Tesla orders & deliveries), and she confirmed that my car was going to be loaded onto a truck and heading down to So Cal later today and should be at the Buena Park delivery center by tomorrow. The DC will then reach out to me to schedule a delivery, and she suspects it'll be this weekend, barring nothing is wrong with the car. My delivery date currently shows 8/18 - 8/22.

While I waited for the DCU loan doc to show up in my email, I applied for Tesla financing and got the standard 2.49% through US Bank. Then I received the DCU loan doc and emailed it to ratematch@tesla and politely asked them if they would be able to match the interest rate. I made sure not to accept the Tesla loan terms after getting approved for it, and also applied for the same loan amount so there weren't any discrepancies. I received an email from "Chris" (the same one that everyone either loves or hates, and can be unpredictable), and he said he was pleased to confirm my rate match to 1.24% for 72 months, and then he finalized my loan for me with the terms using US Bank.... perfect :D 👍

I'm now all set on my end, and now I'm just waiting for the car to get delivered to the Buena Park DC in the next day or so. I'll probably be able to click on the Review my Agreement button soon, and then pay the ACH payment.

So if all goes well, I'll have my MYP by this weekend.

On a side note, my LR order is currently showing an EDD of 9/9 - 9/29. Judging by how my MYP order went, I suspect I may see a VIN for that around 9/20. Still deciding on what I want to do about that, but I have some ideas and I'll let everyone know how that all plays out.
Hi SDM44,

I plan to do the ratematching like you did. However i have a question about DCU loan. What are you going to do with it after you got ratematched with Tesla? Thank you!

I would worry about it - I left town for vacay 8/4-8/10 while sitting on my EDD 8/6-8/20. After I came back, Octoberfest happened and everything got pushed…
I don't know, I'm at 80 days today and will be gone on about day 95-110. Based on what I have been watching here it could very well be delivered at that time. We can't wait until January-Feb if we get sent to the back of the line.

Hi SDM44,

I plan to do the ratematching like you did. However i have a question about DCU loan. What are you going to do with it after you got ratematched with Tesla? Thank you!

I plan on calling them up sometime next week and cancelling the loan, and telling them that I'm not moving forward with it.

From what I've read on their terms and from what people have said, you need to call them to cancel the loan or it's going to be out lingering out there until you finalize it one way or another.

I plan on calling them up sometime next week and cancelling the loan, and telling them that I'm not moving forward with it.

From what I've read on their terms and from what people have said, you need to call them to cancel the loan or it's going to be out lingering out there until you finalize it one way or another.
Question about DCU, if you become a member through referral would you have to sign up for direct deposit to apply for a loan ? Im just confused with the process with DCU

Thank you. But you have to be a member first thru referral before you can apply for a loan right ? Anybody sharing a referral code ? TIA
Yes, you need to be a member to apply for a loan, but no referral needed. Just sign up. Say you are affiliated with one of their causes. One of them just requires a $10 donation, which I gave but honestly I never saw the connection or requirement in the DCU account creation process. I did it for a good cause and to be on the up and up. I may or may not use DCU but happy to donate the $10.

No referrals are necessary, just a small cash reward for referrals. Not needed though.

Edit: My ‘cause’ was the "Reach out for Schools". $10 donation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taureans77