Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received the below text. Anyone else get the same thing? Is it legit? And a sign that it’s really coming?

Attachments

• 5469511C-EDC7-4A69-AD89-E301646C55EF.jpeg
    5469511C-EDC7-4A69-AD89-E301646C55EF.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 50
Since I now have an EDD date instead of just "December", I can finally make a roller-coaster graph. Boring at this point; but having a date range is better than just having a generic month. :rolleyes:

Now the stressful part: since the DMV renewal on my 2006 Infiniti M35 is due in January, I really need delivery of the MYLR in December. At 375,000 miles, it won't pass smog this time (leaking valves). I had assumed that ordering the MYLR at the end of July would give me plenty of time. Little did I know...

I've got the pompoms out rooting for Austin to alleviate the Fremont pressure. Goooooo Austin 🥳

Scott

PS thanks go to OCJeff https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/members/ocjeff.156325/ for the roller-coaster graph concept.
--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: 12/21 - 1/10
DC: Stockton

View attachment 705831
Welcome to the rollercoaster ride we call the Tesla EDD. Just wanted to share my graph from the West coast June delivery thread…

1630951601728.png

Model Y: Ordered: 07/14/21 Profile completed: 07/14/21. Ext/Int Colors: White/Black-White. LR/FSD/no hitch/19"tires/5-seats. Delivery date has been moving target and seems to change approx every 3 days. Earliest date = Sept 29, latest date = Oct 30. Current date just says "October".
Update: 8/30 - EDD changed to Oct 11 - Oct 31; 09/04 - EDD changed to Sep 29 - Sep 30.

Reactions: LSJR and DrRamen
I would not count on anything. It has been 98 days since I ordered and completed the profile and no EDD yet.

I do think that something is wrong. I had a blank EDD numerous times for the first two weeks, then it settled into "December" consistently for the remainder of the 35 days. On day 36, I received an actual EDD range.

If yours is blank on day 98, then perhaps your Profile isn't actually completed or insurance is missing? Especially if the insurance card that you uploaded expires before when the EDD would be. You might want to reach out to your SA or call your DC directly. If you have a popular DC, they seem to assign EDD's faster than less busy DC's.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31

Last edited:
Just wake me up when September ends…clearly I won’t be getting my car in September anymore.
So here's what I'm unclear about: Supposedly, Tesla focuses on west coast deliveries each EOQ. Once the EOQ ends, do west coast deliveries completely dry up, or just trickle in? In other words, does a California October EDD really mean December? I hope not.

So here's what I'm unclear about: Supposedly, Tesla focuses on west coast deliveries each EOQ. Once the EOQ ends, do west coast deliveries completely dry up, or just trickle in? In other words, does a California October EDD really mean December? I hope not.
Look at it this way. Most April and May orders have already been delivered. A few stragglers but for the most part majority are delivered. So assume you may get pushed back a week or two past your original EDD, but they don’t let orders hang around for 6 months (in general) just to wait for the next EOQ.

In general the current wait for new orders feels like 90-110 days. So assume that.

Look at it this way. Most April and May orders have already been delivered. A few stragglers but for the most part majority are delivered. So assume you may get pushed back a week or two past your original EDD, but they don’t let orders hang around for 6 months (in general) just to wait for the next EOQ.

In general the current wait for new orders feels like 90-110 days. So assume that.
Day 90 would be 9/30 for me…but it looks likes I’ll be getting mine either in October or December.

Hi, new here. 👋 I ordered my MYLR (Red with 20" induction wheels) on 8/24/21. I started with an EDD of just "January" but now have an EDD range of 12/22/21 - 1/11/22. I sold my Mazda CX-5 and am currently driving...limping along in....a 2013 Fiat 500. These are going to be the longest few months of my life. :) I'm here living vicariously through you!
Hi & welcome to #teamRed. You'll find a lot of emotional support in this forum. :)

Reactions: LSJR
Hi, new here. 👋 I ordered my MYLR (Red with 20" induction wheels) on 8/24/21. I started with an EDD of just "January" but now have an EDD range of 12/22/21 - 1/11/22. I sold my Mazda CX-5 and am currently driving...limping along in....a 2013 Fiat 500. These are going to be the longest few months of my life. :) I'm here living vicariously through you!

As a fellow member of teamRed, you may find these two posts helpful:

See post #9197 for hints CA Waiting Room
See post #9459 for my latest graph CA Waiting Room

Scott

--

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: DDubbsEV
Are you financing? Or is it set to cash? Uploaded your insurance? Something doesn’t sound right if you have NEVER had an EDD. Check with Tesla chat?

I do think that something is wrong. I had a blank EDD numerous times for the first two weeks, then it settled into "December" consistently for the remainder of the 35 days. On day 36, I received an actual EDD range.

If yours is blank on day 98, then perhaps your Profile isn't actually completed or insurance is missing? Especially if the insurance card that you uploaded expires before when the EDD would be. You might want to reach out to your SA or call your DC directly. If you have a popular DC, they seem to assign EDD's faster than less busy DC's.

--

Wait - I don't remember uploading insurance, but it has been a while since I started this process (late May ordering and early July completed profile). I have the EDD but this is what I have on the same page:

Proof of insurance is required to take delivery.

Your Tesla VIN must be listed on your policy in all but these states.

The "Get Tesla Insurance" button is not editable.

BTW, my EDD is now 10/1 - 10/21. UGH!