Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text stating that my car would be built within the next 2-3 days and that I would need to schedule delivery. When I followed the link, I'm only given the 30th (1 day) as an option. Is this standard practice? What if I'm unable to pick it up that day as the service center is an hour away from me (Fresno) and I have prior engagements that I won't be able to cancel or reschedule?

Got a text stating that my car would be built within the next 2-3 days and that I would need to schedule delivery. When I followed the link, I'm only given the 30th (1 day) as an option. Is this standard practice? What if I'm unable to pick it up that day as the service center is an hour away from me (Fresno) and I have prior engagements that I won't be able to cancel or reschedule?

Since they specified the 30th, they are probably trying to squeeze you into the EOQ delivery push. It will probably arrive there on on the 28th or 29th and they are trying to spread-out the delivery process amongst the crowd of people collecting their cars. There are only so many semi's delivering cars to DC's and individual cars need to be prepped.

Likewise, once you have a VIN number, you can call this phone number to check on its actual status of where it is in the process:

510-249-3100 ext 4 ; status of VIN ______​

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Last edited:
Well, I'm back to the EDD waiting game!

The Blue Unicorn (MYLR) is such a great car, I was easily able to convince the wife to get a MY! She's going to take the Blue Unicorn once the MYP MSM on white I ordered yesterday arrives. MYP really does take priority big time -- I've already gotten an EDD of 10/11 - 10/31 while new MYLR orders are getting EDD targets of April!
I love that your wife stole your new car 🤗😂 All kidding aside though, that’s awesome that another will be joining the fam! My husband is like, “maybe I’ll just get one with 7 seats in blue/white” 😂🙌🏻🤞🏻

Since they specified the 30th, they are probably trying to squeeze you into the EOQ delivery push. It will probably arrive there on on the 28th or 29th and they are trying to spread-out the delivery process amongst the crowd of people collecting their cars. There are only so many semi's delivering cars to DC's and individual cars need to be prepped.

Likewise, once you have a VIN number, you can call this phone number to check on its actual status of where it is in the process:

510-249-3100 ext 4 ; status of VIN ______​

Didn't work for me. No option to select an extension

I'm financing with PenFed. They will send me a Draft (which is a blank check without a VIN) which is good for 90-days. I fill-in-the-blanks once I have a VIN number and hand Tesla the check. Although other banks have a tad better rate, I liked PenFed's 90-day window. Since my EDD has shifted from the generic "December" to the generic "January", then I'll get the Draft from PenFed when I am a week before a real EDD date. That allows Tesla to slide around in that 90-day window without needing to re-pull my credit.

In all cases, don't line-up your financing too early. And order your car specifying "cash"; you can change it later. Likewise, if you have a trade-in, don't get rid of it too early -- I'd advise keeping your existing car until AFTER your Model Y is in your driveway. The used car market is hot right now, so you can always sell it 3rd party.

Yes, I hope my EDD doesn't slide further, but we all know that it will. In the very least, I'd like some real EDD dates instead of just "January". Today is Day #57 for me. "December" for 36 days, real dates for 3 days, then "January" for 18 days.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton
Thanks I’ll look into Penfed. I set to cash, just seeing people in CA work it out from VIN to delivery in a day, or have a two day window, or whatever. I figure I’ll probably just try to find the beat rate about mid-late November and hope that meets my window. The stress of working it ALL out post VIN is too much. Will probably look for some insurance quotes now to pass the time.

No trade-in here, the Tesla offer on my vehicle was laughable. But yes I’m not getting rid of it until my model Y is signed and sealed.

Interesting that your OD is slightly before mine but close, but so far my VIN ride is nothing like yours (quick EOQ vapor, disappear, hold at 11/30-12/20 for weeks, disappear).

I love that your wife stole your new car 🤗😂 All kidding aside though, that’s awesome that another will be joining the fam! My husband is like, “maybe I’ll just get one with 7 seats in blue/white” 😂🙌🏻🤞🏻
Haha. Well, she doesn't want a MYP since she thinks the MYLR is already very fast. And she wants a Blue one. So, only sensible thing to do is have her take my blue one and I order an MYP so that we don't have two Blue MYs in the garage and the Performance model so I don't have to wait until April (or possibly later?) To get one. So, I'm 110% okay with her stealing the Blue one from me since she won't actually take it away from me until my MYP arrives. :)

Hope your husband ends up making the same decision!

Reactions: GildedVines
Jun 14 ordered, Jun 22 profile completed. MYLR, 5 seats White/White no FSD. EDD was always showing 9/2x - 9/30, and gets squeezed. Today it changed again from 9/26 - 9/30 to 9/29-9/30. Still no VIN yet. Located in Bay Area, Santa Clara. Tired of waiting :rolleyes:

Reactions: MarjLa388
Jun 14 ordered, Jun 22 profile completed. MYLR, 5 seats White/White no FSD. EDD was always showing 9/2x - 9/30, and gets squeezed. Today it changed again from 9/26 - 9/30 to 9/29-9/30. Still no VIN yet. Located in Bay Area, Santa Clara. Tired of waiting :rolleyes:
Same thing happened to me yesterday (Sunday) and later on in the afternoon I was assigned my VIN...you're almost there brother! CONGRATZ!!!

Reactions: MarjLa388