Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What did you end up doing??

DH dinged the trunk lip on the garage door so there‘s a small scratch on that crease. Painful but these things will happen. The design sucks on how trunk door opens up….my Panny is a hatchback and opens up super wide/high but never hits the garage door.
@Momvivant you know that you can set the height that it opens to, right? Once it's at the height you want it, press and hold the close button down for about 3 seconds. You will hear a chime, and it will remember that height. Obviously, doesn't help with the scratch that already happened, sorry to hear about that =(

The one year premium connectivity would have to apply to original order. I have a document saying so and going back on it would be a huge class action lawsuit.

So I’m really kind of wondering about calling a SA. Others seem to feel it might be useful. Or not. But now I have no clue how to do that since nothing happened at order and my test drive friend may or may not be my SA but was never responsive.

Also, in further “maybe I killed my own algorithm” news, I had signed up to test drive a model s. Really just to kill time. SA texts got weird: “which model are you interested in” and I lost time and interest in driving the model I’m not buying. Who knows, maybe that moved me. Hard to say.

@Momvivant you know that you can set the height that it opens to, right? Once it's at the height you want it, press and hold the close button down for about 3 seconds. You will hear a chime, and it will remember that height. Obviously, doesn't help with the scratch that already happened, sorry to hear about that =(
Yea that’s a real disappointment. Also, you can just grab the trunk and stop it as it’s going off and the motors will stop. Let this be a cautionary tale to others. Watch the first open, grab it if close, readjust preset for future. If you don’t have, what is it, maybe 18” above the roofline, of extra clearance, keep an eye on things and let this be your guide.

Had my neighbor pull their model Y in. I know I won’t get Max height clearance (but close).

Reactions: e645824
See above. But sorry to hear about that. I assume you now know that the height it opens up to can be adjusted. But you’ve reminded me to be careful first time I open in the garage.

Yea that’s a real disappointment. Also, you can just grab the trunk and stop it as it’s going off and the motors will stop. Let this be a cautionary tale to others. Watch the first open, grab it if close, readjust preset for future. If you don’t have, what is it, maybe 18” above the roofline, of extra clearance, keep an eye on things and let this be your guide.

Had my neighbor pull their model Y in. I know I won’t get Max height clearance (but close).
I googled it for him and found this out after….I figured that with such a high tech car, there had to be a way to set it. One of those weeks when life is so busy…you don’t stop to think. Anyway, hope that it’s helpful to those who are taking delivery.

@TatisJr So happy for you that your car arrived. It is hard being without a car as we’ve discovered. The Irvine service center seem very service-oriented being new and being that it’s on them, I’m sure that they’ll have the car to the shape you want. I love that the location is in Irvine…makes things way easier!

Reactions: TatisJr
Update: Picked up the Y at Buena Park. I was looking forward to seeing my name on the piece of paper but all there was was a generic congratulations. No worries. They had over 20 cars waiting to be picked up so busy day for Buena Park.

Inspection was great! Found the charge port door sits under rather than flush with the end panel, so mobile service is coming Monday to repair.

Pics coming soon as I have to get her wheels did but the wait was totally worth it and it’s an amazing car! Surprisingly, the first song that played on the radio was Boston’s More Than A Feeling, and needless to say the surrounding drivers saw me in my JerryMcGuire moment! 😎

So I ended up taking delivery. In the scheme of things, sure it would have been nice to have a flawless car but these things happen. First available appt. on the app is Nov. 18 so not too stoked about that, but spoke with manager at Irvine who was super empathetic and said he would call the manager over at Santa Ana and see if they could expedite my appt. I had two missed calls from Tesla on my drive home (didn’t connect my blue tooth prior to leaving (Doh!!) but no message was left. I’ll try calling the manager tomorrow assuming I can find his extension and see if there is anyway to get it in to service sooner. There were basically 3 defects, on the same door thankfully, and two of them had touch up paint applied. DW couldn’t find them, so I will say they were minor but I know they are there, so. Also small alignment issue on same door which they said could “tighten up”. Pics below.

Other than that the car is awesome. I loved my M3 SR+, but this car is so much more refined. Quiet (dual pane glass) and very smooth ride. Acceleration effortless and noticeably quicker. Went for a ride down to the beach and along the coast, caught a sunset and ya know? life is good. It is quite an upgrade, for the extra money (and I actually made money on my M3) I get reset to 5 miles (well 37 now), 2.5 more years of warranty, another motor, faster, more spacious and comfortable, power lift gate, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, better sound system, more leg room for my tall daughters (and seats that recline) 110 more miles of range (my 3 was charging to 216 at 100%) new tires, bio-defense mode, wireless chargers, updated center console. Haha did I miss anything?

Only knock I can think of is the rear view mirror is really small to the point of almost useless, but the rear view camera makes it a non-issue. And of course I’m missing my Homelink but will see if I can’t get that installed on my service to get the paint fixed.

Oh and my insurance through Costco Connect somehow went down in price!!

So yeah very happy I decided to take delivery, and hopefully it’ll get resolved soon. Thanks for the support and talking me off the ledge.

View attachment 724184View attachment 724185

Thanks for the update. I pick up today (same irvine service center) can you be my guest inspector :p ??? i might be too excited to pay attention. that's why i'm bringing the wife

Reactions: DZMY
Thanks for the update. I pick up today (same irvine service center) can you be my guest inspector :p ??? i might be too excited to pay attention. that's why i'm bringing the wife
Haha what time?
I am picking up at Irvine tomorrow too! Have you received the final agreements in your account? My blue button is still grayed out.
It becomes enabled 24 hours before delivery. You’ll get a notification they are ready. There is some facial recognition tech they use to compare your mug to your license then you can proceed to e-sig the docs.

• Helpful
Reactions: ryneezy and ZGGBMG
For those of you that recently received vin and accepted delivery, what was the timeline from VIN to Delivery? 3 days or so? Also, did you find out about VIN via email / text or simply by refreshing your account?

EDD holding steady today 10/23-11/19

MYLR 5 / W/B / 20” / FSD (OD: 7/19)

For those of you that recently received vin and accepted delivery, what was the timeline from VIN to Delivery? 3 days or so? Also, did you find out about VIN via email / text or simply by refreshing your account?

Vin on 10/20 (first day of my 10 day window), Documents, deposit done 10/21, picking up today 10/22 .... received a text on the morning of the 20th and initial call from the service center the afternoon of the 20th. too.

Reactions: travtred

Received call from SA about VIN on 10/18, and it appeared in my account right away. I am picking up tomorrow.

So yeah I get it when you ordered it would’ve said October. If you haven’t already, since you’re in OC, I’d recommend calling this number 714.545.1800 choose the option for cars and then the option for new deliveries. I said I was hoping to get my car prior to the 11/2 rebate change date and was wondering if they had an idea if it would come in by then. They weren’t real specific when I called, and prefaced that they can’t guarantee it would make it by that date, but did say my car was to be mfg’d “mid-October” and received my VIN on 18th. So they may be able to give a feel one way or another. But I will say with some June orders still not getting their VINs that it is all somewhat random and at the whim of supply chain, mfg batches, and logistics. Anyway hope you get it soon and the full rebate.
ok.. i will give it a try.. when i ordered it said september.. in 2 days it switched to october..

Reactions: TatisJr
model y 10-23-21.PNG
Did anyone notice the price is now 56,990 for a LR? With turbines it's 58,990.

Reactions: DrRamen