Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think anyone here thinks $750 will break the bank. It's about the lost of $750 that we could have used for a nice meal for two at French Laundry, for example.

If you ever read through the life of many billionaires, they care about every single dime. It's the poor people who don't value money and do not know how to manage it.
I was simply stating that delaying such a large purchase because of $750 is suspicious. While I agree with your statements I don’t agree with negativity brought to a public forum when clearly there are many others just happy to get their cars. My estimated delivery date was Way earlier however according to tesla and the fact that I added a second person to the purchase I was put back to the end of the line.
October 2021 original date to February 11-March 11 2022.

I will in the future refrain from adding to the negativity.

Reactions: Sravanrox and DZMY
I was simply stating that delaying such a large purchase because of $750 is suspicious.
Gotcha. In any case, I think it does suck. I am still going ahead with the delivery.

The only reason to delay is the potential federal rebate that looks like it might never materialize at this point. Senator Manchin is taking too much money from the coal industry...

Reactions: SilverSp33d3r
Gotcha. In any case, I think it does suck. I am still going ahead with the delivery.

The only reason to delay is the potential federal rebate that looks like it might never materialize at this point. Senator Manchin is taking too much money from the coal industry...
I’d be super annoyed too. $750 is two dinners but it’s the principle of it. Why aren’t they encouraging more EV purchases?! I fortunately made the cutoff but it is aggravating for those who have to deal with losing half of it. You can buy the Wall Connector with the savings.

Since my model is turning into a unicorn (July now) I’m leaning towards accepting and get timing it fixed. Thanks for feedback. Inner peace.
What did you end up doing??

DH dinged the trunk lip on the garage door so there‘s a small scratch on that crease. Painful but these things will happen. The design sucks on how trunk door opens up….my Panny is a hatchback and opens up super wide/high but never hits the garage door.

Last edited:
I was simply stating that delaying such a large purchase because of $750 is suspicious. While I agree with your statements I don’t agree with negativity brought to a public forum when clearly there are many others just happy to get their cars. My estimated delivery date was Way earlier however according to tesla and the fact that I added a second person to the purchase I was put back to the end of the line.
October 2021 original date to February 11-March 11 2022.

I will in the future refrain from adding to the negativity.
My reason was simple.. i ordered in july with edd of september, then october and now november.. given if i wait 1 more month there is a chance of tax bill getting passed also probably a 2022 model instead of 2021. And seeing the edd slipped this morning pissed me off..

What did you end up doing?
So I ended up taking delivery. In the scheme of things, sure it would have been nice to have a flawless car but these things happen. First available appt. on the app is Nov. 18 so not too stoked about that, but spoke with manager at Irvine who was super empathetic and said he would call the manager over at Santa Ana and see if they could expedite my appt. I had two missed calls from Tesla on my drive home (didn’t connect my blue tooth prior to leaving (Doh!!) but no message was left. I’ll try calling the manager tomorrow assuming I can find his extension and see if there is anyway to get it in to service sooner. There were basically 3 defects, on the same door thankfully, and two of them had touch up paint applied. DW couldn’t find them, so I will say they were minor but I know they are there, so. Also small alignment issue on same door which they said could “tighten up”. Pics below.

Other than that the car is awesome. I loved my M3 SR+, but this car is so much more refined. Quiet (dual pane glass) and very smooth ride. Acceleration effortless and noticeably quicker. Went for a ride down to the beach and along the coast, caught a sunset and ya know? life is good. It is quite an upgrade, for the extra money (and I actually made money on my M3) I get reset to 5 miles (well 37 now), 2.5 more years of warranty, another motor, faster, more spacious and comfortable, power lift gate, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, better sound system, more leg room for my tall daughters (and seats that recline) 110 more miles of range (my 3 was charging to 216 at 100%) new tires, bio-defense mode, wireless chargers, updated center console. Haha did I miss anything?

Only knock I can think of is the rear view mirror is really small to the point of almost useless, but the rear view camera makes it a non-issue. And of course I’m missing my Homelink but will see if I can’t get that installed on my service to get the paint fixed.

Oh and my insurance through Costco Connect somehow went down in price!!

So yeah very happy I decided to take delivery, and hopefully it’ll get resolved soon. Thanks for the support and talking me off the ledge.

3E018742-ED66-48E7-B470-A17310C0E886.jpeg
20AE2A3E-0FF8-4861-B9B5-C20BE7421EF4.jpeg

What did you end up doing??

DH dinged the trunk lip on the garage door so there‘s a small scratch on that crease. Painful but these things will happen. The design sucks on how trunk door opens up….my Panny is a hatchback and opens up super wide/high but never hits the garage door.
See above. But sorry to hear about that. I assume you now know that the height it opens up to can be adjusted. But you’ve reminded me to be careful first time I open in the garage.

Reactions: Momvivant
So I ended up taking delivery. In the scheme of things, sure it would have been nice to have a flawless car but these things happen. First available appt. on the app is Nov. 18 so not too stoked about that, but spoke with manager at Irvine who was super empathetic and said he would call the manager over at Santa Ana and see if they could expedite my appt. I had two missed calls from Tesla on my drive home (didn’t connect my blue tooth prior to leaving (Doh!!) but no message was left. I’ll try calling the manager tomorrow assuming I can find his extension and see if there is anyway to get it in to service sooner. There were basically 3 defects, on the same door thankfully, and two of them had touch up paint applied. DW couldn’t find them, so I will say they were minor but I know they are there, so. Also small alignment issue on same door which they said could “tighten up”. Pics below.

Other than that the car is awesome. I loved my M3 SR+, but this car is so much more refined. Quiet (dual pane glass) and very smooth ride. Acceleration effortless and noticeably quicker. Went for a ride down to the beach and along the coast, caught a sunset and ya know? life is good. It is quite an upgrade, for the extra money (and I actually made money on my M3) I get reset to 5 miles (well 37 now), 2.5 more years of warranty, another motor, faster, more spacious and comfortable, power lift gate, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, better sound system, more leg room for my tall daughters (and seats that recline) 110 more miles of range (my 3 was charging to 216 at 100%) new tires, bio-defense mode, wireless chargers, updated center console. Haha did I miss anything?

Only knock I can think of is the rear view mirror is really small to the point of almost useless, but the rear view camera makes it a non-issue. And of course I’m missing my Homelink but will see if I can’t get that installed on my service to get the paint fixed.

Oh and my insurance through Costco Connect somehow went down in price!!

So yeah very happy I decided to take delivery, and hopefully it’ll get resolved soon. Thanks for the support and talking me off the ledge.

View attachment 724184View attachment 724185
That’s very helpful, and I’m glad it’s just a minor issue! Wish me luck

Reactions: TatisJr
i ordered 7/9
So yeah I get it when you ordered it would’ve said October. If you haven’t already, since you’re in OC, I’d recommend calling this number 714.545.1800 choose the option for cars and then the option for new deliveries. I said I was hoping to get my car prior to the 11/2 rebate change date and was wondering if they had an idea if it would come in by then. They weren’t real specific when I called, and prefaced that they can’t guarantee it would make it by that date, but did say my car was to be mfg’d “mid-October” and received my VIN on 18th. So they may be able to give a feel one way or another. But I will say with some June orders still not getting their VINs that it is all somewhat random and at the whim of supply chain, mfg batches, and logistics. Anyway hope you get it soon and the full rebate.

For those of you getting your car, can you confirm you’re still getting 1 year of premium connectivity? Im asking since they got rid of the 1 year and only giving 1 month now across all models.

Thanks!
I can confirm yes I received the 1 year. It didn’t show up immediately though. On the software tab it displayed Standard Connectivity. Later when I was in the garage connecting to my wi-fi I checked to see if it would download a new update I noticed it had switched to Premium Connectivity with an expiration of 10/21/2022. Also received an email notifying me.