Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I joined the Dec -> “we’re not going to do year end rush” Jan -> “Thanks Tesla team for working hard over holidays” last week of Dec community.

Woke up this morning to see EDD pull back in to Dec 26-31. Still no VIN but I’ll take this move as indicating I’m really close.

Maybe a Christmas VIN!

Reactions: Naija King
Looks like I joined the Dec -> “we’re not going to do year end rush” Jan -> “Thanks Tesla team for working hard over holidays” last week of Dec community.

Woke up this morning to see EDD pull back in to Dec 26-31. Still no VIN but I’ll take this move as indicating I’m really close.

Maybe a Christmas VIN!
The time from VIN to delivery could be super short. I just got my VIN yesterday and delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Good luck!

Cannot hold till 1/1? I’m wondering if they force delivery on Xmas… what if out of town, or cannot finish insurance or loan during holiday hours.
I’m not sure if holding is possible as I don’t need to do that. After I got my VIN yesterday, a delivery date/time of 12/24 @ noon was automatically assigned to me. This morning they texted and asked if I’d be ready today instead. An hour after I texted back yes, they called and offered noon today instead. Assume others in the Bay/NorCal will have a similar experience.

Reactions: Naija King
I called Tesla on Dec. 5 and asked what the procedure is if I wanted to delay taking delivery. I was told that I would be bumped, but that I would receive the next Model Y in my configuration. She said it could take a week, it could be six weeks.

I told her do NOT delay my order, that I was going to move forward.

Dec. 20, I receive a VIN #.

20211222_113956.jpg
20211222_114046.jpg
Dec. 22, I receive a text message, asking if I want to receive my car this month, please respond "READY"... If not, please respond with the month I'd like to get my car.

I responded "Ready"....

Yesterday, I called to ask a question, and the polite gent told me that my VIN was given out to another customer, as I had indicated that I wanted to hold off delivery until 2022, in a phone call back on Dec. 5th!

I explained that I did NOT say that, I specifically stated to NOT postpone my order!

He said he'd get his crew on it, and see if he could find another Blue/White Performance Model Y for me.

This morning... up pops a button "Would you like to accept delivery"!

My new EDD is Dec. 25-31, but I've been given assurances that this car is mine, but that it's still at the Fremont Factory!

Before being notified that they found a Model Y for me, but after they had informed me they had given my VIN away... below is the view I had from my car, on my way to work, just to pour salt in my wound!

It's all good now, hope it works out for everyone else. I'm sure this is a hectic time for Tesla employees!

I just called the 800# just to see if anyone had any new information that I haven’t heard. The lady was nice enough but again told me my 7 seat configuration is the hold up and she has a customer who ordered in July who’s EDD moved to June because of the 7 seats. Lol they really say anything to get people off of the phone. 🤦🏿‍♂️ I did this to myself I knew it was a mistake to even call before I dialed the number.

Reactions: DZMY