Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

@MarkLC

1641365212926.png

It’s how the system works. When a car is rejected it goes back into the system and there is a time it is available to anyone before the system matches it to an existing order. Some times they make it online. Also, people who jump out of line are more likely to accept a car with issues (these are rejected cars after all most likely). Would you have been happy if you drove all over the Bay Area on NYE for a car with bad panel gaps, scuffed wheels or paint problems?

This is my 3rd new tesla. I can tell you that not all these cars are rejected. I looked at a few others and all looked good based on my experience. This is the first tesla that I have zero issues post delivery!

My car was built sometime after Christmas and was made available for immediate delivery on the 1st of the year. So it was literally built a few days before I picked up.

My guess is these are all the cars people deferred delivery and instead of matching existing and (lower price) orders they put them out for current price.

Reactions: MarkLC
3 More showing up in LA/OC area just now. 1 black, 2 red MYP
There was like a bunch of MYLR and MYP on the inventory in LA/OC like a couple of hours ago. Saw like 3 MYLRs in LA with the same exact config as with my order. I was tempted to pull the trigger and get those instead but realized I'm not going to pay at least $4000 more to get my car sooner. I'd rather wait it out.

There was like a bunch of MYLR and MYP on the inventory in LA/OC like a couple of hours ago. Saw like 3 MYLRs in LA with the same exact config as with my order. I was tempted to pull the trigger and get those instead but realized I'm not going to pay at least $4000 more to get my car sooner. I'd rather wait it out.
That's been my rationale as well. Especially when my EDD is so close-ish...

Reactions: ryneezy
I was one of the people who just pulled the trigger on one of those. Had an order for a MYP because I didn't want to wait for the LRs, this was great for me. They assigned the vin to my MYP order, replaced certain details, and are crediting me back the $250. Glad I happened to check!

Reactions: stan23