Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
originally ordered model y LR black 5 seater last october with 5/22 EDD

didnt complete "profile" since financing was still months away - low and behold, i was bumped to sept 22 EDD

dropped by the tesla store at the mall and they said i could make changes to the car and the pricing would be the same as it was in october, as long as it stayed a model Y....so i upgraded it to the performance ($3k difference) and he said the date would push me up to june 2022

i got the email stating they completed by change in configuration but my EDD is still sept 22

right now, if you build from scratch, EDD is june-july 22 (which sits with the end of quarter delivery rush)

has anyone made changes and have their EDD pushed up? did it take some time to update on your profile the EDD?

thanks - i tried to search for an answer but couldn't find - plus this thread seems lively enough for someone to chime in

didnt complete "profile" since financing was still months away - low and behold, i was bumped to sept 22 EDD

dropped by the tesla store at the mall and they said i could make changes to the car and the pricing would be the same as it was in october, as long as it stayed a model Y....so i upgraded it to the performance ($3k difference) and he said the date would push me up to june 2022

i got the email stating they completed by change in configuration but my EDD is still sept 22

right now, if you build from scratch, EDD is june-july 22 (which sits with the end of quarter delivery rush)

has anyone made changes and have their EDD pushed up? did it take some time to update on your profile the EDD?

thanks - i tried to search for an answer but couldn't find - plus this thread seems lively enough for someone to chime in
After my MYLR EDD was bumped from June 12-July 10 to July-September, I changed order to MYP last Wednesday. On Friday morning EDD was April 4-18. This morning it’s April 8-19. Still no VIN. Call me the eternal optimist, I sold my Leaf to CarMax today, before the 7-day offer expired. Back to the gasoline lines in my old Honda until Tesla comes through!

Reactions: jawnly211
After my MYLR EDD was bumped from June 12-July 10 to July-September, I changed order to MYP last Wednesday. On Friday morning EDD was April 4-18. This morning it’s April 8-19. Still no VIN. Call me the eternal optimist, I sold my Leaf to CarMax today, before the 7-day offer expired. Back to the gasoline lines in my old Honda until Tesla comes through!

honestly, the price would've been the same even if you took the Leaf back next month - unless you put 1000's of miles on it or some visible damage

i've had carmax appraise my car before and took it back months later for same price

Reactions: PeteOC
honestly, the price would've been the same even if you took the Leaf back next month - unless you put 1000's of miles on it or some visible damage

i've had carmax appraise my car before and took it back months later for same price
My Carmax price dropped about $500 from January to present for my low mileage Ford Cmax. We decided to drop back to a 1 car family until our now August EDD.

My Carmax price dropped about $500 from January to present for my low mileage Ford Cmax. We decided to drop back to a 1 car family until our now August EDD.

this could be due to the used car craze

end of 2021 and im sure january, used car prices were greatly exaggerated - maybe demand for used cars are waning?

of i could just be wrong as usual hahaha

Reactions: robeeen
this could be due to the used car craze

end of 2021 and im sure january, used car prices were greatly exaggerated - maybe demand for used cars are waning?

of i could just be wrong as usual hahaha

Exactly what I was thinking. Used cars have no direction but down as the bubble stabilizes if not deflates. Get the money now as I don't want to be caught with surprise your Model Y showed up early.

I ordered MYLR white,5seats, tow, 20" in October 5th 21. EDD was moving around, so I changed to MYP, MSM, tow on Sun 3/27, got EDD May-June on that day, but on Monday I got VIN, picked up on 3/31. It could be we were lucky that someone delayed theirs, but it matched perfectly to our configuration. So I think be patient, make sure that you complete your profile with cash and no trade-in, I think you will get a match within a week or 2. Good luck!

My Leaf had rear quarter panel damage that a previous owner had “repaired” by an amateur. When my rear bumper got hit, the Bondo in the quarter panel cracked, with a few hairline cracks in the paint. Insurance covered the bumper, but multiple body shops wouldn’t even give me an estimate to do a proper repair of the quarter panel. I was prepared for a low offer from CarMax, but the appraiser noted the cracks as “needs paint” and nothing more. Who am I to disagree? I didn’t want to risk getting a lower quote from a different appriser.

• Funny
It's sad that Tesla's delivery system is rigged in such a way that buyers have to play such games. Imagine if the deli counter ran like this.
Now imagine a deli counter in New York running like this, because that’s what’s gonna happen if Tesla continues to play at the whim of their investors and conduct business accordingly. New buyers of Tesla come into this wide-eyed and hopeful, but soon snap out of it by the reality that is pay-to-play. Maybe Elon has been hanging out with Bob Chapek of Disney notoriety too much. LOL.