Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly what I was thinking. Used cars have no direction but down as the bubble stabilizes if not deflates. Get the money now as I don't want to be caught with surprise your Model Y showed up early.
My thoughts too except acting on it backfired. Back in January I sold our mint condition 10 year old outback with just 60k miles on it. At the time my EDD was April-May. Well, it is April now and we have endured 4 push backs including one this morning to July-august. As a result I bought a 2nd hand Hyundai this morning for basically the same price. . What a waste of time, energy, and money

Reactions: jawnly211
My thoughts too except acting on it backfired. Back in January I sold our mint condition 10 year old outback with just 60k miles on it. At the time my EDD was April-May. Well, it is April now and we have endured 4 push backs including one this morning to July-august. As a result I bought a 2nd hand Hyundai this morning for basically the same price. . What a waste of time, energy, and money

Tesla is notorious for changes and delays. Too bad you sold your car back in January. Wish I could’ve given you advice but I’m sure you got TOP dollar for it.

Recently had my EDD bumped up from sept 22 to April 10-24. I’m not sniffing a loan yet nor going to Carmax anytime soon. This is my second Tesla and I’m going to begin the loan and selling process until I get that VIN.

Once that VIN updates in your profile, things move very very fast.

At this point I’m just thinking about cutting Tesla a check and then taking my time selling the car when the price is right.

Stay patient - it’s worth the ups and downs! Hahaha

We made the decision we could get by on one car for a few months. If we were both working and had to ride we probably would have gone a different direction.

Tesla is notorious for changes and delays. Too bad you sold your car back in January. Wish I could’ve given you advice but I’m sure you got TOP dollar for it.

Recently had my EDD bumped up from sept 22 to April 10-24. I’m not sniffing a loan yet nor going to Carmax anytime soon. This is my second Tesla and I’m going to begin the loan and selling process until I get that VIN.

Once that VIN updates in your profile, things move very very fast.

At this point I’m just thinking about cutting Tesla a check and then taking my time selling the car when the price is right.

Stay patient - it’s worth the ups and downs! Hahaha
Yeah.. we got impatient waiting and actually ordered a MYP with a vin assigned a few weeks ago. I ended up putting it on hold. After taxes it would’ve been almost 12k more than the MYLR that I reserved close to a year ago. Just couldn’t justify spending that much extra money.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Yeah.. we got impatient waiting and actually ordered a MYP with a vin assigned a few weeks ago. I ended up putting it on hold. After taxes it would’ve been almost 12k more than the MYLR that I reserved close to a year ago. Just couldn’t justify spending that much extra money.
I think you can change your existing MYLR to MYP and not paying that much difference (about $5K including taxes). I did that and picked up MYP last week. Best decision ever.

Seeing that MYP is being prioritized over MYLR, do people who ordered MYLR will ever get their cars? I'm tired of waiting .. seems MYP is the way to go.

If you’re like me and prioritize the range over the performance waiting for the LR may be worth it.

If you’ve kept an eye out on the amount of people upgrading from the MYLR order to Performance… it’s a fair amount.

Now we can’t set any expectations because of the nutorious track history of EDD’s but it’s giving me faith that our windows could be pushed closer on top of Texas’ gigafactory spinning into motion.