Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if that is good news or not. Hopefully its happening soon. I see you had an EDD May 8 - May 19, you got it already or at least have a VIN assigned?

i had a 2 week window

once i entered the window, it shortened - then couple days later was assigned a VIN

things move quickly after the VIN - i got a text to choose delivery date (to my home), i called SA to switch back to financing and applied through the app, and i made an ACH transfer for my down payment.

all is ready to go!

Well, like clockwork, my EDD is pushed another month as I got close to my previous EDD start date. New dates are 6/17 to 7/22. During a recent interview, Elon commented that Tesla may have to slow down the ordering, or maybe even stop new orders from being placed, in order to shorten delivery times. I truly hope this was not just commentary and that it’ll be put into practice. Now I just hope I’m part of the second EOQ push…
That's a bummer. Still hoping you get it sooner.

Reactions: PeteOC
i had a 2 week window

once i entered the window, it shortened - then couple days later was assigned a VIN

things move quickly after the VIN - i got a text to choose delivery date (to my home), i called SA to switch back to financing and applied through the app, and i made an ACH transfer for my down payment.

all is ready to go!
Same here.

So maybe Albertsv will be getting a VIN today or tomorrow.

i had a 2 week window

all is ready to go!

You have the exact car I wanted! And I’m still surprised they’re delivering to your home and not just burbank pickup. I’m more north of you and they said initially home delivery not available. Interesting.

Same here.

So maybe Albertsv will be getting a VIN today or tomorrow.

Will report back whenever that happens. Let us know how your pick up experience goes

i had a 2 week window

all is ready to go!
Nice. Yeah I had EDD 5/11-5/25 and this morning moved to 5/14-5/25 so hopefully in a couple days or next week i can get a VIN, let's see how that goes. Let us know how your pick up experience goes.

i had a 2 week window

all is ready to go!
Thanks for this info. I am about to enter the 2 week window and wanted to know what the process was and what to expect. I am already pre approved so ready to go. When the VIN becomes available does the app include the open contract, purchase contract and msrp? That’s the info my bank needs to cut the check and then we are set.

Thanks for this info. I am about to enter the 2 week window and wanted to know what the process was and what to expect. I am already pre approved so ready to go. When the VIN becomes available does the app include the open contract, purchase contract and msrp? That’s the info my bank needs to cut the check and then we are set.
Call or stop by the service center and ask them to email you the Motor Vehicle Purchase Order.

My EDD is a few months from now. I check everyday (multiple times per day lol). Earlier today my account was put on hold (not by me). I immediately pressed “I’m ready” and have the same EDD as yesterday. Has this ever happened to anyone? A little nervous about what happened and tesla isn’t giving me any answers.

My EDD is a few months from now. I check everyday (multiple times per day lol). Earlier today my account was put on hold (not by me). I immediately pressed “I’m ready” and have the same EDD as yesterday. Has this ever happened to anyone? A little nervous about what happened and tesla isn’t giving me any answers.
We have another Tesla on order and I've heard stories of this happening so when I put the other one on hold I must have texted the RN# 3 times. Emphasizing "Model 3, MSM" because if they enter it wrong they put the wrong car on hold. Good thing you noticed it right away. Someone messed up!

SA messaged me this morning offering to deliver the car this afternoon 2-4pm. (Appointment was initially scheduled for 5/11 and subsequently pushed to 5/14). I said yes, car came at 3:45pm, signed trade-in docs, and that was that. I then dropped the car off at OC Wraps in Brea for front end ppf and ceramic window tint. Here she is!

6B2D7217-4909-487D-95AC-C27893DBE17B.jpeg