Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 8/7 MY gray white interior 20” LR no vin or delivery date. Costa Mesa pick up NO Date

called Tesla SA and was told that I have to be patient and that I should have it by 9/30

to add to my frustration my co-worker order 9/1 MY blank with black 20”is picking up his MY this Friday.

so annoying since I ordered and finalized my loans on everything before he did.
I'm with ya brother! It seems like some of us are stuck holding the door open while everyone else is cruising by!

They also confirmed if you want to inspect the car before paying, you must pick the car up somewhere.

Here is the official policy for contactless pickup from a delivery center. As you can see, they are outright telling people not to inspect the car before accepting delivery and taking it home. I hope that, in actuality, the staff are more accommodating once you're there; otherwise, you will be at the mercy of the three-day inspection period and seven-day return period.

You will be required to pick-up your vehicle immediately upon arrival. Due to our high volume, we need to clear all spaces for incoming customers. Please perform any inspections at the comfort of your home. Any service concerns can be addressed and uploaded through your mobile app within 12-hours of your pick-up.

ACCESSING YOUR TESLA:

Your Tesla Mobile App is the key to getting into your vehicle at pick-up, as the vehicle keys will be locked inside. In order to unlock your Tesla from the Mobile App, you must first ‘Accept Delivery’ of your Tesla from your Tesla Account shown below.

Just received a VIN from chat, 5300x. Ordered 8/9, LR W/B/19/Tow. No VIN or MVPA on my order page yet, still says: "Estimated Delivery: 3 - 7 weeks from order placed date"

They also told me:

It looks like your vehicle is currently in Pre-Production. Once it leaves the factory and gets on its final transit leg, you will receive a text message with instructions for scheduling your delivery appointment.

For anyone in socal waiting on a VIN (my delivery is at buena park), maybe worth hitting up chat today?

Here is the official policy for contactless pickup from a delivery center. As you can see, they are outright telling people not to inspect the car before accepting delivery and taking it home. I hope that, in actuality, the staff are more accommodating once you're there; otherwise, you will be at the mercy of the three-day inspection period and seven-day return period.
This is probably why my TA told me I need to pick up in Dublin instead of one of the other locations. Maybe it's bigger and more able to accommodate taking a few minutes to look the car over.

This quote doesn't give me a ton of confidence, though. Tesla has several mechanisms to handle a car with issues, and they've completely undermined every one of them. If you take delivery and note issues for later repair, they've been saying many are "within spec" so commonly it's a joke on the forums. One owner here said a window slamming into the door frame was "within spec" recently. If you return it they keep your payment for ~8 weeks and you are prevented from ordering a replacement. And finally they're making it difficult or impossible to look it over before you accept it by forcing home delivery and (apparently) restricting pickups.

The crazy thing is I'm not even that picky, I just want time to look for major issues. This is not unreasonable when I'm handing them $72k.

Just got a text that my MY is ready and it will be delivered to my office. No Vin and my log in still shows 2-4 weeks of order date. The text has a direct link that was different. Maybe my cookies on my browser. anyway had to push the delivery date since my rebate is not ready. Damm. Someone might get there’s early since Mine will be going to the next person in line.

lol .. no way I am tolerating that nonsense. I'll keep rejecting delivery until I can actually look over what I am paying over $50k for.

Just received a VIN from chat, 5300x. Ordered 8/9, LR W/B/19/Tow. No VIN or MVPA on my order page yet, still says: "Estimated Delivery: 3 - 7 weeks from order placed date"

They also told me:

For anyone in socal waiting on a VIN (my delivery is at buena park), maybe worth hitting up chat today?

I tried the Tesla chat after reading your comment. Ordered 8/8 White/Black 19in, no Tow, no FSD. They just repeated that 2-4 week text I got on 9/2 lol

They also told me:

Tesla refuses to tell me anything. My acct says I should receive my car by Sat. Sept. 26th (7 weeks from the order date) and I can't get an answer from chat, TA, god. So I'm currently about to reserve a rental car each day from Wed.- Sunday next week in hopes when they do text me I'm not paying extra for a last minute booking to drive up to San Jose airport then uber to Fremont.

FWIW, they did just confirm to me that, notwithstanding the instructions in the email, I can take the time I need to inspect the exterior before accepting delivery. This seems consistent with what others have described.
I'd definitely prefer to look at the interior too. We'll see what happens, though. I think *most* of the "within spec" stuff is on the exterior, so that might be OK. I need to check up on the status of them fixing the mismatched rear seat heights before I pick up.
Tesla refuses to tell me anything. My acct says I should receive my car by Sat. Sept. 26th (7 weeks from the order date) and I can't get an answer from chat, TA, god. So I'm currently about to reserve a rental car each day from Wed.- Sunday next week in hopes when they do text me I'm not paying extra for a last minute booking to drive up to San Jose airport then uber to Fremont.
I still think it's crazy they're sending you to Fremont. It's like they assigned everyone a delivery mechanism/location at random.

Ordered on 8/31 White/Blk 19, FSD,
Rcvd text on 8/9 1-2 weeks
Checked Tesla online account and saw an MVPA link that wasn't there yesterday and the following
Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery. with the ability to submit final payment. In the MVPA link (under documents) is the VIN number and sales agreement with all the numbers and what you need to pay.
Next step I was told was to wait for an email with delivery date. Most likely mid next week, hopefully.
Just my experience.

They also told me:

I just went onto the chat and was told no VIN assigned yet. Same config and ordered 8/8 with same delivery location. Starting to think they pull numbers out of a hat.

Reactions: TBigSur
Just got my MVPA / Vin!

Vin: 53xxx

San Diego, CA
MSM, Gemini Wheels, FSD, no tow hitch
Ordered 8/15, modified order on 8/17 replacing Induction wheels with the Gemini ones.

My SA told me to expect a call / text from the delivery team in the next day or two to schedule delivery.

Reactions: Sundiego26