Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I had to guess it’s adhoc and based on cancellations. I think beginning this upcoming week you’re going to see a surge of west coast VINs and deliveries. My guess is it would flip now for mid west and East coast, meaning we can finally be the ones receiving VINs everyday haha

Idk about that. I’m in Missouri and still waiting. Seems like they are still moving cars to the east coast. They sure know how to run it close.

It's really frustrating. When I ordered my Model S a couple of years ago, I was getting regular phone calls and updates on the status, and I knew pretty quickly after ordering what the 3-day window was to expect delivery. I was expecting the same experience when I ordered the Model Y on July 12 and it's been crickets except for these intermittent text messages that keep bumping the delivery window back. Don't promise delivery in 4-8 weeks if the reality is 10-12 weeks. I expected delivery no later than this week and already sold the other car. When I bought the Model S, it took about 9 weeks but the delivery day was exactly when they said it would be at the time I ordered. I love the car, but hate their customer service.

As I've been going back over the timelines of various people in these forums, it's pretty clear to me that the estimates are only planning estimates that have absolutely zero consideration for order volume. Most of us are aware of the 9/6 deadline date they set for Q3 deliveries where the delivery estimates shot up from 2-4 weeks to 10-14 weeks and that is aligned with the comments from SAs to get the order in by that date or you won't get the car until December. Based on a lot of the details I've dug up, it seems they have other dates in the quarter (maybe not as explicit as the end of quarter deadline) that pushes changes to the delivery estimates but typically are estimated for delivery toward the end of the quarter for domestic orders. Based on that it just seems obvious to me that they use the delivery estimates only to ramp up demand from impulsive Tesla buyers as the end of quarter nears. I know I would likely not have ordered if the estimate was longer than 2-4 weeks. The data does indicate that the ratio of open orders vs delivered widens in the last 6 weeks, so it would seem that any orders placed later than mid-August are likely up for a 50% chance that their order doesn't come until after the quarter ends and are even likely to be completely delayed to December. We've seen those types of delays for many people in this forum.

That's awesome. I ordered 25AUG and still haven't received a single communication from Tesla, not a single email or text. Did you order online or in-store?
My order was a reveal day RWD order converted to AWD in July. If you haven’t heard anything at all, it wouldn’t hurt to call your DC to make sure everything looks good on their end. I did this about a week ago and found there was a hold on my order. Would have never know if I didn’t call.

Model Y Performance

7/21 MSM, Black, no hitch, no FSD
7/27 changed to white interior

9/08, VIN 49,xxx assigned. Picking up this Saturday 9/12 at Buena Park.

My original 16,xxx VIN was returned back on June 25th. This one should have much better build quality.

I’m trying to stay positive but seeing VINs assigned to orders placed a week ago on the East coast is really bumming me out.

When did this flip last quarter?

looking at the spreadsheet and going back to May/June orders, it looks like California starting seeing deliveries starting around the last 10 days of June. Sure there are outliers like early June and even July/August, but I'm seeing mostly late June deliveries.

• Informative
Reactions: Sundiego26
Fresno CA
MY LR AWD, white/black 20" rims, no FSD
Ordered 8/29, no updates

Did speak to two separate SA's and they each told me there should be no reason not to get the car by the end of this month...as I read through the different posts, I hear it's more of a believe it when you see it kind of deal with Tesla...Crossing my fingers :)

Just got a text update with an estimated delivery in 2-3 weeks. Glad to have some forward progress :)