Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 9/23 (Estimaded 5-9 week delivery on Tesla website)
VIN Assigned 9/25 58XXX.

I specifically told my SA to put me at the back of the line, as I need time to get finances in order. I have no issues coming up with the money, however I had a 5-9 week timeline in mind when placing the order, and money hasn't been moved into my bank account yet.

Got this text this morning: Tesla Update - Your Model Y will start moving toward the Irvine Delivery Center Soon! Please select your appointment at [website] as soon as possible. We'll assign a tentative appointment if one has not been selected by this afternoon.

I haven't even submitted a credit application yet!

Waiting to hear back from my SA, because I'm not ready to accept delivery! Some people might be delighted for a super fast order/delivery, however I was fine waiting the 5-9 weeks.

Yeah... this is what I was concerned with. I've been getting calls non-stop from Tesla to "order and lock in the price now". Carvana just quoted me a pretty good offer for my M3 but I'm still concerned with build quality, kinks, etc with the Y. I have a sneaking suspicion that if I ordered again now with the current 4-8 wk quote that I'd get a VIN almost immediately. The concern is where the sudden supply is coming from. Rejected car from another order? People who cancelled because of quality, battery day speculation, RWD, etc? Seems odd they have too MANY cars now. hmmmm

I was thinking the same thing when i got the text about 4-8 days. It's a reject. But don't forget also, they want us in the west coast to get the cars now because they can move them quicker to us before end of quarter. I emailed my TA and he said not to worry, but he also couldn't see a VIN yet. He said the text was a good sign that it was coming though...

Am I the only one hitting refresh on my browser 36 times a day to see if I have a VIN attached to my account? :)

I wanted my Y (ordered yesterday 9.24) specifically on Oct 22 or around that time. When advisor called last evening I made the request and she turn on the 'DO NOT MATCH VIN' flag for my order until Oct 1. I will call on Oct 1 and check on tentative dates ..if its still too early I will ask them to turn on that flag again for a week or so..

Finally got the delivery notice for today!! I got the VIN last night. Ordered 8/8 White/Black 19, no Tow, no FSD. Picking up at Marina Del Ray today. Also, everyone make sure you check out Tesla insurance. I was very happy to get a quote LESS THAN HALF of the lowest quote I got from anywhere(progressive for me) AND BETTER COVERAGE.

Its raining VINs for everyone, but me.... I can't get a straight answer out of anyone at Tesla. Tomorrow I will be officially over the Tesla 3-7 week estimate on my account. when I ordered on 8/8 MSM/black/19" and completed all info same day.

Just stuck waiting....

Ordered on 9/4, MSM/Black/20. This is what my SA told me yesterday.
"Your car is schedule to come out of the factory on 9/29. That can change +/- for a variety of reasons, but you will be hearing from our Delivery team in the next few days to schedule your delivery. Your VIN will show 2 or 3 days prior to delivery."
I don’t know how you’re coaxing this info out of them? If I got told this I’d feel somewhat better about my current wait.

I don’t know how you’re coaxing this info out of them? If I got told this I’d feel somewhat better about my current wait.
Originally I was told to get the car by this weekend on 9/14 and I have made camping plan based on that. My SA has been pretty good at communicating thru email and text messages so I definitely feel better to at least getting consistent update.

I don't think many bay area folks have VINs yet.

I don’t but I’ve absolutely seen paper plates on new Model Y’s this week. So they trickling in. End of quarter is next Wednesday so at this point it don’t really matter if SA say it’s being made 29th or expect delivery mid week + or - 2 days cuz it all seem generic before end of month to me. 5 days left we all hanging in there

They'll pull an on-hands this weekend and early next week. Every single Tesla employee in the Bay Area will be delivering cars to owners' homes. This happened last year end of Q4. Issue I have is how the heck are they going to prep (and fix what the factory botched) all of these cars before delivery. Guess if you decline a car, they'll drive it to another customer a block away. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: alexcue
They'll pull an on-hands this weekend and early next week. Every single Tesla employee in the Bay Area will be delivering cars to owners' homes. This happened last year end of Q4. Issue I have is how the heck are they going to prep (and fix what the factory botched) all of these cars before delivery. Guess if you decline a car, they'll drive it to another customer a block away. ;)
My advisor told me you can't decline a home delivery order. Once they drop it off, it's yours. You have to pre-accept in the app.

But that was contradicted by a post a bit upthread, so who knows.

Woohoo! Just got a call from the Dublin Delivery center for delivery 12-4pm, 9/26.
VIN 56xxx
Ordered LR 8/23, White/Black, 20”, no tow or FSD.
All docs were uploaded to my account and the agent noted I’ll be paying balance by check, had no issue with that. You just don’t fill out banking info online, esign loan agreement that’s all.
No MVPA was ever in my account and just two hours ago my SA said there was no VIN assigned lol

Reactions: amnesty_that
Woohoo! Just got a call from the Dublin Delivery center for delivery 12-4pm, 9/26.
VIN 56xxx
Ordered LR 8/23, White/Black, 20”, no tow or FSD.
All docs were uploaded to my account and the agent noted I’ll be paying balance by check, had no issue with that. You just don’t fill out banking info online, esign loan agreement that’s all.
No MVPA was ever in my account and just two hours ago my SA said there was no VIN assigned lol

Im jealous, I ordered mine on 7/17 and still have no VIN or delivery date. Supposed to take delivery at the factory whenever it's ready.

MYP Blue/White, No tow, and no FSD

Wow, any idea why the delay? If you received a text on 9/2 why would it take so long to get delivery?

It’s kinda of frustrating, especially when you see others who’ve ordered after you getting their deliveries set up. Hopefully something changes in the next few days. The SA kept reassuring me that I’d get it this month and she basically hounded me every day after I did the test drive to complete the order. Now that my order is in, it’s radio silence. I’ve emailed her 3 times with no response. Not exactly good client experience, through it seems to me a common trend from what I see on the forums.