Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually changed my order from a black interior to white over the weekend and the SA said "white interiors are actually quicker to arrive, just because they're not quite as common"
Please note that because you modified your order it is possible that your place in the production queue is lost. As a result you may get an EDD like someone who placed a new order last weekend. However, now maybe you get a shorter delivery based on your new order date, cancelled deliveries, refused deliveries etc.

After 4 months of waiting, I took delivery yesterday and did a round trip of Winnipeg to Saskatoon and back (1600km total) in one day to pick it up.
Never doing a trip like that again, but I have my car!

Pic was before I started the return trip. I was already feeling it

Attachments

• 20210907_114208.jpg
    20210907_114208.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 97
Please note that because you modified your order it is possible that your place in the production queue is lost. As a result you may get an EDD like someone who placed a new order last weekend. However, now maybe you get a shorter delivery based on your new order date, cancelled deliveries, refused deliveries etc.
To keep my wife happy I changed the interior colour and knew it may affect the EDD. So far it hasn't changed at all under my 'manage' tab (though it was only changed 3 days ago and the original order 11 days ago). We shall see as the change was very early on in the process but who knows.

To keep my wife happy I changed the interior colour and knew it may affect the EDD. So far it hasn't changed at all under my 'manage' tab (though it was only changed 3 days ago and the original order 11 days ago). We shall see as the change was very early on in the process but who knows.
Happy wife, happy life. Nuff said ;)

Reactions: EDDYSTONE
Model Y on the way
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
Order placed: June 19
Original Estimated Delivery: August 18 - September 08
July 15: August 25 - September 14
July 17: August 18 - September 07
July 18: August 20 - September 09
July 19: August 23 - September 12
July 24: August 24 - September 13
July 25: August 25 - September 14
July 28: August 24 - September 13
August 2: October
August 3: August 24 - September 13
August 7: August 23 - September 12
August 9: August 31 - September 20
August 10: August 26 - September 15
August 11: August 25 - September 14
August 12: August 26 - September 14
August 15: September 01 - September 21
August 16: August 31 - September 20
August 18: September 01 - September 21
August 19: September 02 - September 21
August 20: September 03 - September 14
August 22: "Proceed with Delivery" Button + September 04 - September 07, VIN obtained via web page source code
August 23: E-mailed Oakville SA to confirm VIN and delivery questions, no response.
August 24: Left a voice message for Tesla Oakville Delivery to confirm VIN and delivery questions, no response.
August 26: Call from SA confirming the VIN. Requested no front license plate mount attached at delivery as I will bring my own. Scheduled Delivery for September 11 in Oakville, Ontario.
September 04: VIN now appears on web page and matches source code.
September 09: Tesla App now showing car details (order #, VIN, learning videos, account details)

• No VIN yet in MVPA.
  • Never received a "book a delivery" text or E-mail.
  • Have not yet received payment information other than from SA
With 2 days until delivery, maybe, some of these things will occur...however I am not counting on it.

Model Y on the way
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
August 22: "Proceed with Delivery" Button + September 04 - September 07, VIN obtained via web page source code
August 23: E-mailed Oakville SA to confirm VIN and delivery questions, no response.
August 24: Left a voice message for Tesla Oakville Delivery to confirm VIN and delivery questions, no response.
August 26: Call from SA confirming the VIN. Requested no front license plate mount attached at delivery as I will bring my own. Scheduled Delivery for September 11 in Oakville, Ontario.
September 09: Tesla App now showing car details (order #, VIN, learning videos, account details)

• No VIN yet in MVPA.
  • Never received a "book a delivery" text or E-mail.
  • Have not yet received payment information other than from SA
With 2 days until delivery, maybe, some of these things will occur...however I am not counting on it.
you should call the service centre where you going to pick up the car and ask them

Just got the Tesla Vision accept button and found my VIN in the source code (263XXX). Current EDD Sep 3 - 16, so hopefully very soon!

Ordered and completed profile on June 17. Original EDD was just “September” and changed many times from middle of August to middle of September and for some time to just “October”.

MYLR, blue, 20” wheels, tow hitch, black interior, no FSD

Picked it up yesterday at the Vancouver delivery centre. Everything went smoothly and the car is perfect. There were five other people picking up cars at the same time and all of them looked good!

After 4 months of waiting, I took delivery yesterday and did a round trip of Winnipeg to Saskatoon and back (1600km total) in one day to pick it up.
Never doing a trip like that again, but I have my car!

Pic was before I started the return trip. I was already feeling it
In one day??!! Wow!! That is impressive! Congratulations!! I hope to see you around Winnipeg soon. We’re picking up in Calgary on the 18th!

Model Y ordered September, 2nd (changed design on September, 8th, so probably my real OD is 8th).
Long Range, 7 seats, White, White/Black interior, 19" wheels, no tow hitch.
Downsizing from MX - already sold, so hopefully waiting will not last beyond January.

While ordering estimated delivery shown was January (which year? :) ), now on actual order page it says nothing (looks like it's common for most new LR orders now).

Model Y on the way
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
September 10: MVPA updated to include all sales details and VIN. Received two E-mails. One for documents and one for payment.

I am very disappointed that the Payment information was provided 23 hrs before delivery. If using electronic payment you need up to 48+hrs. 23 hrs may not be enough time for most people.

I will bring this up to Tesla during my pickup today. Doubt they will do anything about it in the future though.

Model Y on the way
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
September 10: MVPA updated to include all sales details and VIN. Received two E-mails. One for documents and one for payment.

I am very disappointed that the Payment information was provided 23 hrs before delivery. If using electronic payment you need up to 48+hrs. 23 hrs may not be enough time for most people.

I will bring this up to Tesla during my pickup today. Doubt they will do anything about it in the future though.
So are you still able to pick it up today? Your Review button turned blue just yesterday?

How am I supposed to make final payment with a loan through Tesla? The loan is from HSBC, am I suppose to go to HSBC and do a wire transfer to Tesla before picking the car up? I get that I have to bring bank draft with my deposit amount but what happens with the outstanding balance that is financed? Is that all I have to do? Never actually financed a car before this.

Picking the car up Monday and can't get through to the delivery centre

Model Y on the way
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch

So, picked up today.

Well, I have had better experiences with new cars that is for sure.
  • Frunk misaligned - service appointment booked for alignment
  • Rear hatch misaligned - service appointment booked for alignment
  • Paint drip on left side trim below doors, suspect door hinges got some attention after assembly - service appointment booked for new trim and maybe new hinges
  • Missing 2x plastic button rivets behind both rear wheels which attach the wheel well to the splash guard under the car. Check out personnel tried to convince me this is ok and that they had heard this was a new thing. After pressing the issue and requesting a technician to look at it immediately, the tech agreed it was not right and fixed it on the spot.
  • Asked for front license plate not to be adhered to front of car when booking my delivery date because I was going to use my own front license mount - didn't happen. I will have to remove the plate they stuck to the front myself, clean the bumper, and use my SnapPlate mount.
  • 1 of the delivery personnel tried to rush my checkout and wanted me to move the car. A second delivery person said take your time...sheesh Tesla...
Moral of the story...
  • never fully trust your SA. Question everything. Go with your gut.
  • Never fully trust your vehicle check out personnel. Question everything. Go with your gut.
  • Remember to also look in your wheel wells and under your car as best you can. If you see two holes exposed that seem to line up, something probably goes in there and is missing.
  • When booking a delivery date ensure that you press for the MVPA fully filled out immediately and receive an E-mail AND that the payment method E-mail and details are updated on your account.
I was very close to rejecting the car based on my interactions with 1 person in the delivery staff and the various issues that he tried to dismiss.

I hope everyone can learn from my experience. Look over your new cars carefully and don't let them push you around. ;)

left trim paint on trim.jpg
frunk1.jpg
frunk2.jpg

rear hatch 2.jpg

rear hatch1.jpg

missing plastic rivet 1.jpg

missing plastic rivet 2.jpg

Attachments

• rear hatch1.jpg
    rear hatch1.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited: