Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon, Where is the FSD features you promised?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I've never understood is why people are against ugly radars. If I have to rock a big antenna for a couple years for rock solid FSD. Strap it on.

I appreciate Tesla's design and hiding everything. But until FSD is common. The extras are kind of a statement.

Not only that but their next gen version (130 cars) which are getting shipped to SF as we speak doesn't have hanging sensors as the first gen did. They are alot more integrated. It will probably be even more integrated when it goes mass prod for consumers launch next year. For example taking out the mirrors, etc.

@stopcrazypp

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
Not only that but their next gen version (130 cars) which are getting shipped to SF as we speak doesn't have hanging sensors as the first gen did. They are alot more integrated.

@stopcrazypp

I remember arguing a lot with McRat on this. He suggests the Bolt was built from ground up to be an autonomous taxi. But to me, it's clear the sensors are tacked on and the car design didn't have any consideration for them. The second gen is definitely an improvement, but it's still obvious the sensors are tacked on. And there's still the sensors sticking out on the sides (although in a better position than previously).

Reactions: DurandalAI
nick-cage-lol.gif

So you think it will happen sooner? Awesome! I hope you're right for sure.

Did anyone else catch the admission in the Q2 results call that the "fleet learning" is hype? Elon said something like "well, it's like, too much data, and there's no good way to..."

Duh, 8 video streams over the shite connection... but still a funny moment.

• Funny
Reactions: NerdUno
And now, from a statement a Tesla spokesperson made to elektrek:

Tesla spokesperson said:
“However, we still expect to achieve full self-driving capability with safety more than twice as good as the average human driver without making any hardware changes to HW 2.0. If this does not turn out to be the case, which we think is highly unlikely, we will upgrade customers to the 2.5 computer at no cost.”

The "fleet learning" quote, I believe, was in response to a question about privacy.

"It's true that there is an enormous amount of sort of visual data being gathered. It's actually quite a challenge to process that data and then train against that data and have the vehicle learn effectively from data, because it's just a vast quantity of data. I do want to emphasize that this is disaggregated from a specific vehicle.....

And I think the release that should go out soon is, I think people were really pleased with it. And it's going to get better from there."

So he says it's a challenge but not that it isn't happening. Whatever. It's like reading tea leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.