Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you know this?

Remember, the "clock" doesn't show up until after the update has been downloaded and validated. Thus, even if you weren't on wifi when the clock appeared, it doesn't mean that it wasn't downloaded (mostly, if not completely) while on wifi.
1. No map updates in three plus years.
2. No bytes transferred from the router to the car.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cyclone
Had a recent update to 2.20.45 (according to VT). Since then, the passenger airbag disabled icon started randomly appearing. Rebooting seems to have fixed it, but will be keeping an eye on it as it may not be a firmware bug. Anyone else seen this?

Had a recent update to 2.20.45 (according to VT). Since then, the passenger airbag disabled icon started randomly appearing. Rebooting seems to have fixed it, but will be keeping an eye on it as it may not be a firmware bug. Anyone else seen this?
I haven't seen it, but the hardware problem (if any) would likely be the seat sensor. Probably worth having the SC check it out if it happens again.

Reactions: J1mbo
On Monday I connected my car to WiFi for the first time in the nearly 3 years I've had it. Today the car said the maps had been updated, a first for my vehicle as far as I'm aware.

It could be coincidence, or there might be something to the Wifi/cellular differences claim.

Seems like the updates for the last month are giving all the love to the autopilot cars. I'm still on 2.22.50. Anyone with a sub-20000 VIN get any later build updates? Any changes?

It's starting to appear we are at the end of the software update life cycle for our ancient vehicles. I guess ver 8 will tell us for sure.

At least I still get the occasional map update!

I have 2.28.19 running. That being said, I would agree the SW is winding down for the pre-AP Teslas, and the be honest, I find my Model S SW to be stable and happy. Hopefully they will continue to refine things like the media player and the nav and those changes will eventually be released. It will be interesting to see if 7.x is the end of the line for our older cars.

On Monday I connected my car to WiFi for the first time in the nearly 3 years I've had it. Today the car said the maps had been updated, a first for my vehicle as far as I'm aware.

It could be coincidence, or there might be something to the Wifi/cellular differences claim.
That's right, map updates are only downloaded by Wi-Fi. Firmware updates can be cellular, Wi-Fi, or at the service center. There have only been two map updates.

Seems like the updates for the last month are giving all the love to the autopilot cars. I'm still on 2.22.50. Anyone with a sub-20000 VIN get any later build updates? Any changes?

It's starting to appear we are at the end of the software update life cycle for our ancient vehicles. I guess ver 8 will tell us for sure.

At least I still get the occasional map update!
We'll likely get the UI update of version 8 and whatever updates there are for media, navigation, and web browser. So basically everything but autopilot which we don't have. I don't feel slighted with updates in having a pre-AP car.

Reactions: jerry33