Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
good choice... you have been waiting for so long and the car is 14k more today , there is no reason to give them any excuses to do something.
Yes I looked today at my same build and its almost 70K with taxes - Im just going to say it, I dont think the Model Y is a 70K car. the base 3LR is 59K with taxes and I dont think its worth it either, and its just a supply and demand scenario. If I started looking at Tesla today I would not buy one, they are now out of my price range.

What is the big deal with these standard range models?
Nothing - I tried to get one but they werent available - so I bought the Model 3 LR which im trading in for the MYLR - They were very reasonable in November, and I would have kept it as a second car but I cant keep a 50K car as a back up so it has to go. I think they have a better battery pack where you can charge 100% every time unlike the LR models

With my trade in I would have gotten the standard range for under 30K in November

What is the big deal with these standard range models?

Maybe a tad lighter but so far rumors of 1.5x to 2x faster charging due to lower IR of the new cells. Probably not worth it for me because I don’t take road trips. For me… it’s more that I’ve always had ties to Austin and visit 2-3 times year and am heading there for two weeks at the end of May.

Reactions: Horty4
Maybe a tad lighter but so far rumors of 1.5x to 2x faster charging due to lower IR of the new cells. Probably not worth it for me because I don’t take road trips. For me… it’s more that I’ve always had ties to Austin and visit 2-3 times year and am heading there for two weeks at the end of May.
@voxel - "Probably not worth it for me because I don’t take road trips." wouldnt that be worth it then???? The standard only has a 272 mile range where the M3LR has a 350 and MYLR has 330. So the standard is cheaper and would satisfy your daily needs. But I dont think is worth 46K now so if you snagged it when they were cheaper.

@voxel - "Probably not worth it for me because I don’t take road trips." wouldnt that be worth it then???? The standard only has a 272 mile range where the M3LR has a 350 and MYLR has 330. So the standard is cheaper and would satisfy your daily needs. But I dont think is worth 46K now so if you snagged it when they were cheaper.

Model Y AWD SR. That supposedly charges "like a boss"

I had a Model 3 SR/RWD which was fine. The range was perfect. The sedan like seating... no. Totally wrong for me.

Reactions: Vladimir*22
Ordered and completed my profile for a MYLR with 20” wheels in early January. A couple weeks ago my EDD went to two weeks (May 14 - May 25). Then a few days after it went to Nov. 2022 - Feb. 2023 and it’s been like that for over 10 days now. How!? It’s the same EDD I get if I were to order today. Has this happened to anyone else?

Part of the reason for getting a Tesla was not having to deal with SFL dealers and their BS. This is turning out just as bad.

Reactions: FLTessie
I am in Tampa Fl, I received my vin of my MY LR Red w/ 5 black seats on May 9 and I have not heard anything more from Tesla, is this normal?
Yes... I received my first vin on april 8th and got the email t0 schedual on the 18th ( Takes about 2 weeks to ship from fremont).

My 2nd vin I received on May 8th so I am expecting to hear something this week

Last edited:
Ordered and completed my profile for a MYLR with 20” wheels in early January. A couple weeks ago my EDD went to two weeks (May 14 - May 25). Then a few days after it went to Nov. 2022 - Feb. 2023 and it’s been like that for over 10 days now. How!? It’s the same EDD I get if I were to order today. Has this happened to anyone else?

Part of the reason for getting a Tesla was not having to deal with SFL dealers and their BS. This is turning out just as bad.
This is normal.

1) if your trading in a car make sure they aren't asking you to update the mileage. Every other month I would be pushed to the end of the line until I updated my tradein info. You will be put back where you should be once the infor is entered.
2) they are reschedualing and you will be moved up soon, this happens every few months

In either case this is normal , you are just being placed in a holding position while they do what they do

@CF22 - The dates are going to jump all over the place for a while. Dont stress to much about it, it will drive you INSANE, my EDD has jumped all over the place since I order it and it finally settled in to where I was original told my EDD was. Another option is to get the performance - they seem to pump them out first, but the range loss and price difference to me isnt worth it for 1.3 seconds faster 0-60 unless there is something that makes it worth it i dont know about.

Reactions: FLTessie
I am in Tampa Fl, I received my vin of my MY LR Red w/ 5 black seats on May 9 and I have not heard anything more from Tesla, is this normal?
What is your EDD. Did it change to a short window when you received the VIN? I suggest you contact a Tesla associate at the local Tesla delivery location and they can check on the status of your car (i.e, in transit and if it is on the train from Fremont to the Alabama distribution point or already on a car carrier (truck) coming from Alabama to Tampa. They should also have a estimated date it will arrive in Tampa and can schedule the date/time for delivery of the car to you. I did all of that after receiving my VIN last week and now have delivery schedule for 5/26 (in my case at the Ft. Myers Tesla location).

Last edited:
What is your EDD. Did it change to a short window when you received the VIN? I suggest you contact a Tesla associate at the local Tesla delivery location and they can check on the status of your car (i.e, in transit and if it is on the train from Fremont to the Alabama distribution point or already on a car carrier (truck) coming from Alabama to Tampa. They should also have a estimated date it will arrive in Tampa and can schedule the date/time for delivery of the car to you. I did all of that after receiving my VIN last week and now have delivery schedule for 5/26 (in my case at the Ft. Myers Tesla location).
El

Might have made a big mistake. Called Tesla today to find any info I could. I mentioned I had already pushed back a trip because of it being in my current 2 week window. She asked me the dates and I told her, followed by the words “no car I wont be going on the trip”. She said she was noting I would be gone from the 3rd to the 10th and I told her NO, DON’T say that I don’t want my car repurposed to some one else because somebody miss reads that. Now I’m worried this might happened. My two week window opens up in just a few days, the rep said that even when I get my vin it will be 3 weeks before I get the car. That puts it on the last day of my current window if I had the vin TODAY.