Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you really believe this? 😂
A leopard doesn't change his spots. Been there, done that. It's very, very similar to the radio-silence on the camera SNAFU for a couple months in 2020. I'm not a fan of silence on strategic decisions/games they seems to enjoy so much. A 2-line tweet would go a long way. Guess they should refer it to the Tesla PR department. 🤔

Although to make an observation - on TeslaFi thete are no model X's prior to 2022 yet and no model S's prior to 2021. M3's go back to 2018. Seems there must be some unstated reason for a clearly deliberate decision. Why might this be? Coincidence? :D

i truly hope I'm reading their "public communications" incorrectly.

Although to make an observation - on TeslaFi thete are no model X's prior to 2022 yet and no model S's prior to 2021.
I'm not sure that is true:

1711115029043.png

What years are the "Refresh" versions? (I think those are older than the Palladium, 2021+ S&X.) Why doesn't TeslaFi report the year for them?

Are they the non-nose cone S&X?

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Presumably it's the 2021+ Refresh. If you add up the numbers for those, the count is the same as the 2021-2023 counts.
And I would note that the above picture cut off a bottom line that is another Model X refresh number, so the numbers do add up for both the model s and model X. The years and the plaid/refresh are just a different way to slice the same data. I think it is quite certain that no vertical screen Teslafi cars have gotten FSD 12.3.

Reactions: KArnold
A leopard doesn't change his spots. Been there, done that. It's very, very similar to the radio-silence on the camera SNAFU for a couple months in 2020. I'm not a fan of silence on strategic decisions/games they seems to enjoy so much. A 2-line tweet would go a long way. Guess they should refer it to the Tesla PR department. 🤔

Although to make an observation - on TeslaFi thete are no model X's prior to 2022 yet and no model S's prior to 2021. M3's go back to 2018. Seems there must be some unstated reason for a clearly deliberate decision. Why might this be? Coincidence? :D

i truly hope I'm reading their "public communications" incorrectly.
I’m confused. There was a delay in getting FSDb for our cars, but they eventually worked things out. To say we will be stuck on v11 forever seems like irrational FUD to me. I can’t imagine the lack of interior camera would be the deal breaker. That makes no sense at all. What besides that would prevent v12 from working on the older cars?

Reactions: Yelobird
What environment? Our cars were upgraded. There was just a delay.
So let me ask you. There are 3 possible outcomes here:

1) No upgrade is required and we will receive v12 when it is eventually on a 2024 branch
2) Our cars require another retrofit which Tesla will agree to do in the future
3) Our cars are at FSD end of life and no retrofit will be offered

Pure speculation and I hope I am wrong but I tend to think #3 given no legacy cars have it.

What about you?

I am with @KArnold on this one. We haven’t seen a single legacy S or X migrated to v12. This feels very much like the environment that generated the discussion in this thread a few years back.

I define “legacy” as a S/X that has upgraded cameras, MCU2, AP3, vertical screen and no interior camera.
Those very cars are the only ones that Tesla actually “OWES” true unattended FSD to as well.

The purchased feature set was worded way different for those cars and may be refunded at some point or continued to be offered free FSD transfer to get rid of them from the books.

Pure speculation and I hope I am wrong but I tend to think #3 given no legacy cars have it.

What about you?
Although, if TeslaFi is a representative sample, it's just not legacy cars. Also excluded from v12 to date are pre-2021 MS and pre-2022 MX. Isn't that when interior cameras were introduced? I agree, I don't see any connection - only speculation.

Maybe the real question is- are there any v12 testing happening in cars without an interior cam?

Reactions: Shateam
it's just not legacy cars. Also excluded from v12 to date are pre-2021 MS and pre-2022 MX. Isn't that when interior cameras were introduced?
I thought interior cameras were introduced with the 2021/2022-ish refresh. If so, all vertical screens are missing interior cameras and are referred to as legacy by Tesla.

I believe the vertical screen and the lack of interior cameras could delay the roll out to us. For example, no interior cameras currently get 3 strikes before they are in time out while cars with interior cameras get 5 strikes. Just one user-facing difference that immediately came to mind. There is some different coding they have to do and that adds complexity.

I thought interior cameras were introduced with the 2021/2022-ish refresh. If so, all vertical screens are missing interior cameras and are referred to as legacy by Tesla.

I believe the vertical screen and the lack of interior cameras could delay the roll out to us. For example, no interior cameras currently get 3 strikes before they are in time out while cars with interior cameras get 5 strikes. Just one user-facing difference that immediately came to mind. There is some different coding they have to do and that adds complexity.
I would guess it's mostly the interior camera, but there's no reason to think this is permanent.

V12 is more confident and smoother, but will still absolutely *sugar* the bed. A lot of people (myself included) are hitting curbs on turns and it still wants to go in turning lanes, still doesn't respect school zones, or stopped busses, sucks at UPLs, etc....basically even with the confidence, it's still very much Beta. Again, I would guess (nothing backing this, just a logical leap) that they want to ensure people are paying full attention on this completely new version.

So let me ask you. There are 3 possible outcomes here:

1) No upgrade is required and we will receive v12 when it is eventually on a 2024 branch
2) Our cars require another retrofit which Tesla will agree to do in the future
3) Our cars are at FSD end of life and no retrofit will be offered

What about you?
#3 just doesn't seem logical to me. It actually seems absurd.