Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if that's unintended given the design of the yoke.
I don’t really understand the theory here. Unless the yoke itself is unbalanced I don’t see how spinning it could be any worse than a regular wheel. I understand the general idea you are proposing since the yoke is not uniform on the circumference, I’m just not sure it physically it can create any more torque than a regular wheel due to its angular momentum. Isn’t the center of mass still in the middle?

Now it is possible he has a hidden defeat device (clip on behind yoke) which would certainly make things worse. Anything making the wheel heavier seems like it could cause problems.

I might be missing something in my thought process here though.

Happy to report I am barely using 10.69.2.2 anymore. It’s just kind of annoying to have to disengage for every turn and light and stop.

Last edited:
Installing now. My guess is, it’s just bug fixes. Wouldn’t a major update be numbered 10.69.3, rather than 10.69.2.3?
Turns seem slightly more confident.

Really hugs the right on unmarked roads.

Very odd creep/stopping behavior on unmarked road to unmarked road turns. If the car is making a left turn, it pulls into the oncoming lane of the road I’m leaving to make the turn. Not at all normal, I haven’t seen this since 10.11.X.

Still bad at getting into the correct turn lane on marked roads (four lane). This seems like a simple fix: if you need to make a left turn, and the turn is coming up in .5miles, don’t wait until 900ft before you decide to get into the correct lane. Stay in the far left lane so all you have to do is get into the turn lane. It seems worse the more congestion/traffic there is.

I have a really mixed day of driving tomorrow, everything from very rural to city driving. The rural part, 10.69.2 could do interventionless/disengagement free. At least it did last week. Have to see how .2.3 goes.

Yeah, I'm guessing FSD still needs more time to analyze traffic and assess whether to go or wait. With an UPL you always need to stop so you will have more time to make this assessment. With a UPR/yield sign you need to do it on the fly and be prepared to proceed directly so if the algorithm is still too slow it needs to stop.
Yep, if the algo is too slow it's solving a different problem where it thinks vehicles are further away and possibly even going different speeds.

It's amazing how long it takes FSD to make a decision even in a clear 4 way intersection. It dithers and dawdles as if each camera is individually processed in sequence before a final ok is given to proceed. Of course they still apply steering wheel torque at each sequence as if the vehicle is gonna roll which makes no sense. I would bet FSD is grossly subpar with angular rate and path estimations for vehicles of interest. That's a critical calculation for round-abouts and if so would pretty much guarantee failure aside from random luck.

Whompy wheel and alignment from the massive curb strike which caused no problems a while back.
The odd thing I noticed is that after he recovers and drives a bit, he re-engages FSD Beta, but he never touches anything on the wheel. Does he have a 3rd party add-on to engage FSD? I've seen @DirtyT3sla using an FSD button before. Could that add-on have caused the disengagement?

The odd thing I noticed is that after he recovers and drives a bit, he re-engages FSD Beta, but he never touches anything on the wheel. Does he have a 3rd party add-on to engage FSD? I've seen @DirtyT3sla using an FSD button before. Could that add-on have caused the disengagement?
Yes I noticed that too but did not watch the entire video. As I said in my follow-up, I think that device should make it more likely to happen, due to both additional wheel weight overall and unequal torque due to gravity acting on the weight.

Yes I noticed that too but did not watch the entire video. As I said in my follow-up, I think that device should make it more likely to happen, due to both additional wheel weight overall and unequal torque due to gravity acting on the weight.
No, not a wheel weight, an FSD button. I think they're called S3XY Buttons.

No, not a wheel weight, an FSD button. I think they're called S3XY Buttons.

That’s not what I was talking about. Yes, I misread your post. Anyway seems like SILLY buttons would not have anything to do with disengagement unless it was defective and had a disengage mechanism.

That’s not what I was talking about. Yes, I misread your post. Anyway seems like SILLY buttons would not have anything to do with disengagement unless it was defective and had a disengage mechanism.
I believe the button has programmable effects, when set for AP it acts as a toggle. It engages AP (or in this case FSD Beta) and pressing it again disengages AP (again, in this case FSD Beta). I still feel like it's a wheel torque problem, but noticing he's likely using a 3rd party button to engage AP, it added an additional potential point of failure.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life