Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good God, I hope they fix some of these nonsensical lane changing decisions.

I mean you have an onramp coming up in 200m, why did you change to be 2 lanes over?

This stuff never happened before.

I blame that lane guy from AI Day 2.
I am sick of the left blinker coming on 500 ft from when it switches to the right blinker for my upcoming right turn. What do people behind us think???

Reactions: Phlier and Ramphex
I am sick of the left blinker coming on 500 ft from when it switches to the right blinker for my upcoming right turn. What do people behind us think???

I don't mind nonsensical blinker usage (as Tesla is refining fsd), as long as the car doesn't actually make odd decisions based on the blinkers.

If anything, odd blinker usage is a red flag for people behind me to stay away lol

They possibly think the great Dojo/single stack/AI powered/Machine Learning FSD is in violation of state law, depending on state. If cali, for example:

“Failure to use a turn signal exposes the driver to liability. In fact, under California law, drivers are legally required to signal their intention to turn left or right continuously during the last 100 feet traveled before making the turn.”

• Informative
Reactions: Ramphex
The problem is it makes things very confusing for other drivers and potentially more dangerous because of it.

This intersection is probably the single-worst turn-signal confusion moment on my regular drives. It puts on the right turn signal while waiting at the red light (pictured here in yellow) for a turn at the next intersection (pictured here in green) way down the road. So people actually turning right become very hesitant to creep past me and turn. And manually turning the turn signal off doesn't help either, because that causes FSDb to want to turn left instead.

1670862251061.png

FYI for those that own Tesla stock or are looking for more knowledge on it, there is a great forum below (just a link to a recent post) that
discusses almost anything Tesla related including FSD, future Tesla tech and such. Check it out if you are interested.
I think it is the #1 or #2 most heavily used forum on TMC. I know a few users on this thread already use it, so to those that don't
and are interested take a look.

FYI for those that own Tesla stock or are looking for more knowledge on it, there is a great forum below (just a link to a recent post) that
discusses almost anything Tesla related including FSD, future Tesla tech and such. Check it out if you are interested.
I think it is the #1 or #2 most heavily used forum on TMC. I know a few users on this thread already use it, so to those that don't

That’s great. I’ll see if they are discussing this in there.

beware: if you don't check that thread in a day, you will be 30 pages behind.

This intersection is probably the single-worst turn-signal confusion moment on my regular drives. It puts on the right turn signal while waiting at the red light (pictured here in yellow) for a turn at the next intersection (pictured here in green) way down the road. So people actually turning right become very hesitant to creep past me and turn. And manually turning the turn signal off doesn't help either, because that causes FSDb to want to turn left instead.

View attachment 884056
Yeah, I've come across multiple instances like this. There are two intersections in close succession, and the planned route is to turn at the second one. The car will begin indicating that turn as it approaches the first one. This is clearly misleading to other drivers (and makes me feel like everyone around me thinks I'm dumb).

And while we're at it, how about FSDß turning on the blinker to enter a left-turn lane, then turning it off once it's in the left-turn lane, only to turn it back on again to indicate the actual left turn. Real humans turn on the blinker once for the entire left turn operation.