Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is likely not true.
I noticed this evening when I drove on the highway and then local roads the only time I had any nags was for lane change confirmations when I was driving on the highway with a lot of traffic and the car had to make to 8 lane changes from extreme left to an exit with a distance of 0.3 miles. Later on when I was driving on the local roads on FSDb going to different shops I could take my hands off or look at the car next to me when someone asked a question absolutely no nags at all. Will it change tomorrow for me? Possibly. After all those unnecessary nags the last 3 months it was a different kind of experience the last few days after software redeploy. I was surprised.

After all those unnecessary nags the last 3 months it was a different kind of experience the last few days after software redeploy. I was surprised.

Yes it's impossible to do any side-by-side experiments and the power of suggestion is strong. But as mentioned above, I do wonder if Tesla can dial back settings for the nag dynamically (they can do this with some things, no idea if they can with this). Since it seems like that could have happened. But my sample size is so incredibly small it is hard to say for sure (but it does seem like it, for me). Could most definitely be just my imagination and I've made zero effort to conduct any sort of valid experiment.

Last edited:
Yes it's impossible to do any side-by-side experiments and the power of suggestion is strong. But as mentioned above, I do wonder if Tesla can dial back settings for the nag dynamically (they can do this with some things, no idea if they can with this). Since it seems like that could have happened. But my sample size is so incredibly small it is hard to say for sure. Could most definitely be just my imagination and I've made zero effort to conduct any sort of valid experiment.
It was a day and night difference for me and I was driving during day light, dusk, and night time. The fact that I could even turn around for few secs and look at the Porsche/Tesla/BMW showrooms on that road was beyond belief. Maybe the redeploy of the software was on the skinny side. No weight needed.

I don't even know why they removed radar in the first place. I've driven a Model Y with radar and now am driving one without radar. The one with radar felt more capable in traffic in terms of following and stopping. Vision based auto pilot tends to slam on the brakes more often and just feels unrefined. Seems like Tesla removed radar as a cost saving measure and is now realizing that they can't progress with radar. I wonder if this will have any impact on V11's release.
Same here. The radar appeared to have a longer usable range than the cameras for detecting slowing and stopping vehicles which resulted in less aggressive breaking when vehicles were stopped in travel lanes.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Same here. The radar appeared to have a longer usable range than the cameras for detecting slowing and stopping vehicles which resulted in less aggressive breaking when vehicles were stopped in travel lanes.
It will be interesting to see what Tesla has developed in regards to the new "HD" radar and if it will be released with HW4.

Reactions: Buckminster
Well, in an effort to actually contribute something to this thread, I guess I'll throw in my two cents worth as to how the latest version performs...

1. On unmarked roads, it doesn't hug the (imaginary) center line quite as bad as it used to.

2. In very wide lanes, it drifts from side to side. A lot.

3. There seems to be a fairly bad regression in stopping at stop signs. It begins to stop way too early, then creeps timidly to the stop sign and comes to a complete stop. This seems to be more of an issue at some stop signs than others; if it is a four way stop, it seems to handle them with more confidence.

4. I'm not experiencing nearly the amount of phantom braking/slowing than before. In fact, in every area that I previously had always repeatable phantom braking, it doesn't even slow any more.

5. Unprotected lefts are a lot better.

6. Planning for lane changes as needed to follow navigation routes is still in its infancy, at best.

7. Right turns are a lot better as far as not being so timid, but it has come really close to curbing my rims more than once.

Overall, a lot of progress has been made since the last version I drove, which was back in April.

Back then, I would only use FSDb at night, in light traffic, with no one else in the car. It has improved enough now that I use it on every drive, even with the wife or kids with me.

It is a long way from perfect, but much progress has been made.

IMO, Tesla's "Occupancy Network" approach to this problem is the ticket. As they are able to refine it, train it, etc. I think we'll continue to see the progress continue.

A lot of work done. A lot of work still to do.

1670814406976.jpeg

Happy 1-month anniversary of the initial release of v11 to those who celebrate

Hah. Yeah, what happened with that? We heard rumors they released it to (some) employees, and then nothing. They must have had some fairly significant issues to delay it this much and spend the time working on a 10.69.3.3 release.

I wonder if expanding the FSD Beta stack to cover highway driving has uncovered more regressions than expected compared to production AP? This is something they haven't done before; replace a (large!) existing piece of AP functionality with different code. There's room for regression in a way that a "normal" FSD release doesn't quite have.

There are a few divided highways around me where FSD does stay engaged (inaccurate road classification in maps, perhaps?) and generally it's good. It's a lot better in some ways (handling lane divides and splits smoothly, lane changes are smoother, acceleration is more aggressive). It's slightly worse at slowing down in corners where it'll drop 5-10 mph slower than it needs to (and then speeds back up).

Reactions: FSDtester#1