Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always assumed that the report button was decorative, so I never use it.
The reason being that there is likely a sufficient number of Tesla employee testers
who have seen nearly all issues seen by non-employees. So they have
plenty of things to work on and prioritize without even getting to plebeian edge cases.
I don't doubt reports that car data is uploaded for certain "campaigns".

Last edited:
With FSDb the car seems to completely ignore the right scroll wheel input IF speed is reduced from current speed.

Mine definitely still slows if I scroll down max speed
It seems to slow but very, very slowly. Not even a coast, let alone no Regen. But it will slow eventually and not exceed the new max. Definitely should not see any acceleration if below the set max. But you are right - it's definitely a problem.

Nothing except a full firmware upgrade can survive a reboot- so that'd be a pretty fragile system.

The only thing that can consistently improve the behavior of the system other than a full firmware upgrade is a map update (which can be done entirely silently/in the background, as compared to the firmware update)
User settings survive a reboot so they must have some NVRAM that isn’t used strictly for the OS.

User settings survive a reboot so they must have some NVRAM that isn’t used strictly for the OS.

User settings are on the media computer, not the driving computer where AP/FSD code lives- Green specifically calls out the driving computer as being the one he's talking about being restricted in that way.

(it should be fairly obvious why one is a lot more locked down than the other as far as on the fly changes to code being allowed)

I’m one of the most recent additions into FSDb.

One thing that I’ve noticed that is divergent from all of my previous AP experience and something that I so far really dislike:

If I’m going say 45 in FSDb and I see something ahead that I want to slow down for, previously I would scroll the speed down with the right scroll wheel, say to 25. In my previous experience with AP the car would gradually slow down. With FSDb the car seems to completely ignore the right scroll wheel input IF speed is reduced from current speed.

Anyone else experience this?
Deceleration is extremely slow in FSDb and significantly slower than with TACC or AP. Several people have posted and commented about it.

I have an area on my way to work where the speed limit drops from 50 to 35MPH and it takes FSDb over ¼ mile to slow that much. I usually end up disconnecting.

It seems to slow but very, very slowly. Not even a coast, let alone no Regen. But it will slow eventually and not exceed the new max. Definitely should not see any acceleration if below the set max. But you are right - it's definitely a problem.
I may be slow to catch on here but you're saying it slows too slowly? Maybe add a little phantom braking to the mix?

For me the scroll speed control works like any cruise control, meaning there is a bit of delay. I've never noticed it to be different from any other speed adjustment of cruise control. It is and should be smooth. If not there would be no end of complaints here on TMC.

Seriously, imagine if it 0-60ed a dialed in speed increase or phantom braked a speed decrease.

I've always assumed that the report button was decorative, so I never use it.
I can say after repeated, repeated reporting of the car seeing an imaginary road to the left and trying to "turn" (more often than not, run into my neighbor's mailbox), the imaginary road has FINALLY disappeared. I tend to think they did something. Perhaps this is wishful thinking.

Ditto on the scroll wheel slowing the car but ... slowly.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Deceleration is extremely slow in FSDb and significantly slower than with TACC or AP. Several people have posted and commented about it.

I have an area on my way to work where the speed limit drops from 50 to 35MPH and it takes FSDb over ¼ mile to slow that much. I usually end up disconnecting.
Yes this is exactly what I’m seeing. I’m only seeing a couple mph reduction over a 1/4 mile. On the two places during my commute where I need to reduce speed I have also just had to cancel, regen, and reengage.

For me the scroll speed control works like any cruise control, meaning there is a bit of delay. I've never noticed it to be different from any other speed adjustment of cruise control. It is and should be smooth. If not there would be no end of complaints here on TMC.

Seriously, imagine if it 0-60ed a dialed in speed increase or phantom braked a speed decrease.
Definitely agree it should be smooth. I like the rate it slows on standard AP. On Fsdb it barely slows for me at all.

FSBb slows down more gradually at speed limit signs as well as for manual intervention.

I'm actually a fan of a gradual slowdown for the signs. In the early days of FSDb, it was much more aggressive with the signs that I frequently thought it was phantom braking. It was not comfortable, and it's not how a human would slow if it saw a speed change. But humans also might start decelerating a bit earlier than the sign, whereas the car does it right at the sign. If they start decelerating before the sign, I think the current decel is perfect.

But I don't agree that a manual speed intervention should match the deceleration (or acceleration) of the signs. My intervention should carry more urgency, because I know something the car doesn't (hence the intervention), and the car should go back to AP-level aggressiveness of matching the set speed.

Today’s strange failure - left turn from an stoplight onto a 4-lane road and 2 blocks later a right turn. When the light turned green, the beta hesitated for some reason, so I gave the accelerator a nudge and the car took off with too much speed as if it was making an unprotected left onto a fast-moving road. After the left turn, instead of merging into the right lane to prepare for the right turn, the beta planned a path into the left turn lane at the next intersection. I wanted to see if it would correct itself since the navigation was correct from the moment I engaged the beta, but it started to swerve into the turn lane while accelerating more so I disengaged.

I've been driving a lot with FSD on local roads lately, and it's surprisingly good most of time if i trust the car and let it do its own thing. I have to hit accelerate pedal on occassions to speed up turning or going through roundabout, but besides that i think it works pretty well. However I'm having some issues with simple right turns. Maybe 30-40% of time a simple right turn car will turn too close to the middle, especially if there's already car waiting in the opposite direction. I don't really understand why it's not able to do a simple right turn correctly. That seems to me one of the easiest part of FSD that should be solved by now. I've been hitting recording button to send back feedback, so hopefully this gets resolved soon. Overall I'm impressed.

Goldilocks said "Poppa bear’s phantom braking is too fast, Momma bear’s scroll button is too slow, but Baby bear’s feathering the accelerator is just right".
I posted this a while ago but I was on a state highway coming into a town where the speed limit dropped from 55 to 40 right as you started going up a hill. FSDb saw the speed limit sign and adjusted the set speed but actually applied the accelerator going up the hill to keep the speed from slowing down.

Many people have commented that FSD should not react to a drop in speed limit but rather anticipate it and certainly take less than ¼ mile to slow down. Especially since these are favorite speed traps of local cops.

Reactions: ironwill96