Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, have you ever seen how lithium is mined?

Hello strawman my old friend!
Whether the environmental impact of fracking and oil spills is bigger than that of lithium mining was not the topic. That's the kind of whataboutism with which the fossil fuel industry likes to distract from the fact that oil is single-use and the waste products are poisonous and change earth's climate. Lithium can be recycled and batteries charged from renewable sources.

I'd have expected that such simple things are common knowledge on a Tesla forum.

Doesn't it reboot automatically for each update? I've never done an extra reboot. No issues.
It appears to, but first drive after update without reboot always had anomalies for me. I’m not saying specifically FSD but usually entertainment system or navigation weirdness. I started rebooting after every update in early 2019, so maybe they’ve fixed some of this since then.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I did get it and about 99% of the time I use fsd for my entire commute. It installed while at the office. However, today was different. 2 motorcycles and a couple of unfortunate Hellcats and Mustangs kept interrupting my peaceful fsd drive.
Two of them wanted to try the Plaid from a 60 roll. 2 from a stoplight.
To sum up, my best guess is the next time they see the word "Tesla" on the back of a sedan, they will probably just wave hello. The one guy had his girlfriend in the front seat. Poor guy 👦 😢...

I will revert to fsd testing tomorrow
Poor girl!

• Funny
I wonder if one of the "really strange moves" was this "changing lanes away from path blockage" when switching lanes to make a right turn?

masonic path blockage.jpg

There's two right-turn lanes to Fell that begin just past the cresting intersection with Hayes, and at least according to street view from 2016, the current road Masonic had a road diet to add a pedestrian curb extension and bike lane. The really odd behavior was that while switching to the first right-turn lane, it decides it not only needs to get back into the original lane but also then switch another lane left completely missing the turn and needing to loop around with 3 left turns.

The "path blockage" message often comes up when the Occupancy network detects something in the road, so maybe the tree ahead got mispredicted?

If you come to reality where I live, actual performance of the system is what matters.
Like this clear safety disengagement on 10.69.3 at 8 Mins 15 seconds

Not excusing the software, but that safety issue is something I actually saw someone do literally the other day, except they just kept going...

Clearly there is still work to be done on FSD, but I feel like if we just set the bar at "better than a human driver" that's a low bar.