Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Just one question: How invested are you in $TSLA?
So after V12 disappoints, what will V13 have that will blow our minds? Other than a version that almost works? V12 will be single stack with mostly NN. V13 will be pure NN? Or some other improvement not on our radar screens?
Your mind, purportedly, will blown for decades to come... Your blow is always just around the next corner, like a carrot on a stick...

My biggest issue with FSD Beta at this point is the lack of incremental improvement in the overall capability over that past few releases. I'm little late to the game(purchased in December of 2022) so I'm aware that the capability has significantly improved over the past few years. Regardless, my expectation is that each release comes with some level of improvement. And I don't mean the color/clarity of the cameras being viewed on the screen. I'm expecting actual driving capability and stability. My guess is that the lead developers(The A Team) is focused on the rewrite at this point while the B team is trying to sustain some level of progress with 11.x. The fact that Elon is already hyping up v12 is enough for me to believe v11 EOL.

Has anyone noticed that 2023.7.30 ( FSD 11.4.7) killed Autowipers? I do appreciate the improvement in white balance on the side cameras, but it drives just as badly as 11.4.4. Three interventions in about two miles of driving. Loosing Autowipers is a net loss for this build, and it calls into question what kind of regression testing Tesla uses before a software version release.
I swear to you, with no BS, 11.4.7 and the Autowipers are bloody amazing for my 2021 Refresh. Yesterday otw home from the course I had intermittent downpours, misting, no rain. They worked flawlessly. Actually kicked it up for the downpours, down for the mist and when I came to a stop sign/light, they actually stopped running and kicked in again when I started driving. Older versions just went full nuclear and I had to run them manually.

It is the only thing I truly like about 11.4.7. The rest is beyond wtf and not even used anymore. Unlike @Ramphex, I am too tired of making the idiots behind me brake check and flip me off.

I swear to you, with no BS, 11.4.7 and the Autowipers are bloody amazing for my 2021 Refresh. Yesterday otw home from the course I had intermittent downpours, misting, no rain. They worked flawlessly. Actually kicked it up for the downpours, down for the mist and when I came to a stop sign/light, they actually stopped running and kicked in again when I started driving. Older versions just went full nuclear and I had to run them manually.

It is the only thing I truly like about 11.4.7. The rest is beyond wtf and not even used anymore. Unlike @Ramphex, I am too tired of making the idiots behind me brake check and flip me off.
The one thing my 21 M3 has never had issue with is the autowipers. Maybe the fact that I break windshields every year (I'm on my third) keeps crud from building up inside the glass or micro pits to cause optical effects.

Has anyone noticed that 2023.7.30 ( FSD 11.4.7) killed Autowipers? I do appreciate the improvement in white balance on the side cameras, but it drives just as badly as 11.4.4. Three interventions in about two miles of driving. Loosing Autowipers is a net loss for this build, and it calls into question what kind of regression testing Tesla uses before a software version release.
Been running around with 11.4.7 on a 2018 M3 RWD LR.

Day before yesterday, in the dry, it cycled on a dry windshield twice; once for one swipe, once for three, in an 1.5 hour drive.

Today, in the rain/no rain/damp roads with spray, it wiped just fine and at varying rates. Maybe a bit more when the windshield was a bit drier, but not by much. And quit when the road dried.

So, a little buggy, maybe, but No Total Failure.

Day before yesterday, in the dry, it cycled on a dry windshield twice; once for one swipe, once for three, in an 1.5 hour drive.
I complained about this in last year's versions, but the dry wiping seemed to be cured as of 10.69 or so. Unfortunately, it has reappeared in 11.4.7. I'm trying to proactively do a wash/wipe at the beginning of my afternoon drives toward the setting sun, when it will be prone to do a dry wipe - especially if I don't get the daily layer of desert dust washed off first.

BTW, the manually initiated wipe cycle seems to the generate a couple minutes worth of easily triggered wipes by the computer, but at least I've got the grit off at that point.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Just to add some V11 content to this thread. Yesterday morning drove a fairly short in city drive from my condo in Midtown to Westside Park to run. Most days I'm heading more easterly but this drive was more westerly so I expected less dry wiping. The second I engaged I got a wipe in the face. Then it got in the Bus lane and counted while wiping ever second or so. I disengaged and sent an obscenity rant about getting wiped into the blackhole. While likely meaningless it sure help me vent. Oddly the car seemed to have its "feelings" hurt (Elon said it does have a mind) and it stated moping at Stop signs/intersections (MORE than usual) and keep wiping like crazy. I sent several tirades about the dry wipes and the blackhole's event horizon is expanding.

Oddly on the way home it drove nearly flawlessly with NO wipes and only 1 to 2 go peddles. Night and day contrasting drives/experiences.

For me it seems more early morning trips trigger more wipes but who the hell knows.

So a coupe of peaceful pics from my run to help lower my blood pressure from the devastating effects of dry wipeitis.

IMG_3755.jpeg

IMG_3749.jpeg

IMG_3737 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
Just when I started to trust FSD more it tried to run three red lights over the course of 20 minutes in DC on an early morning drive today. Running 11.3.6.

Weird behavior since it saw the red lights on the visual and highlighted them in blue, but then it started it's creep forward logic it has a stop signs and moved into the cross walk.

Elon talking about this being a 10 trillion dollar idea is hilarious.

Just when I started to trust FSD more it tried to run three red lights over the course of 20 minutes in DC on an early morning drive today. Running 11.3.6.

Weird behavior since it saw the red lights on the visual and highlighted them in blue, but then it started it's creep forward logic it has a stop signs and moved into the cross walk.

Elon talking about this being a 10 trillion dollar idea is hilarious.
“Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends…” — ELP