Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Shipping highway without regressions sounds like a nightmare just when I think about all the different switches and dials that "Navigate on Autopilot" has plus the fact that the FSD beta wants to disable itself whenever there is mild rain.

Who is on 2022.44.25.5 and has a download of 2022.44.30.5 waiting to install ? Are you going to install or wait for V11 update 2022.44.25.20? Same kind of choice some of had before.
The chances of 44.25.20 being released are lotto odds at best. V11 is likely still a few more versions/weeks away before the first rollout. Also you can bet that V11 will be a SUPER sloooooooooow cautious rollout and will be a couple of weeks at best before anyone other than influencers get it.

I predict (straight out of my a$$) that the soonest V11 will be first released to select influencers is on Jan 20th in a 2023.2.x.x.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just woke up to this. I recently purchased my Model 3 in early December, received Holiday update(2022.44.30) a few weeks ago, and requested beta 3 days ago. Is this FSD V11?
You can check here for FSDbeta version numbers and their 'normal' version numbers.

https:// www. teslafi. com/firmware. php TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

nFxEQFv.jpg

Ok so if I’m reading this correctly I received V10 FSD beta? Is that what the red smaller version number to the side is?
Correct. They just started putting the red superscripted text (FSDbeta ver) next to the normal versions. It is one of the easiest sites to see this.

I use and recommend TeslaFI.COM for tracking many aspects of your car including OTAs being applied (history), charging, road trips, battery 'degradation' vs other similar cars (and odo).

Reactions: DarkForest
Correct. They just started putting the red superscripted text (FSDbeta ver) next to the normal versions. It is one of the easiest sites to see this.

I use and recommend TeslaFI.COM for tracking many aspects of your car including OTAs being applied (history), charging, road trips, battery 'degradation' vs other similar cars (and odo).
Whoah, just tried it out. That’s pretty cool. I know many of you have had v10 for a while but having the car drive itself on city streets for the first time is remarkable. With all the mixed and in some cases negative feedback from people with v10 beta I was worried that it would not meet my expectations. Granted it’s only been one drive, my initial impression is quite positive. It’s not V11 but for me I’ll take anything at this point since I’m a newbie here. Really good stuff, can’t wait to see V11.