Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
True single stack = smart summon, city streets, and highway run the fsd stack

Initial release of 11.3 likely won't include ASS (assuming this is running on the fsd stack), so it won't be the true single stack.

But for our intents and purposes, city streets and highway on fsd is single stacky enough.

True single stack = smart summon, city streets, and highway run the fsd stack

Initial release of 11.3 likely won't include ASS (assuming this is running on the fsd stack), so it won't be the true single stack.

But for our intents and purposes, city streets and highway on fsd is single stacky enough.
Oddly Elon didn't use one of his usual wiggle room qualifiers like "should" or "expect' but actually said "definitely" for Single Stack on V11. Of course this is almost prehistory now.

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 7.00.49 AM.png

• Funny
Reactions: MFrunkerOG
It’s not like he’s saying are internal testers have been using the latest version, on single stack, and it is amazing. We should be rolling it out as a product soon. Should be getting to the regulatory folks this qtr for approval.
It sounds more like they are saying we are starting to program it with the neural networks and it has lots of promise. Buy stock now before this game changer competition crushing checkmate software is released. Will somebody write the single stack song

It’s not like he’s saying are internal testers have been using the latest version, on single stack, and it is amazing. We should be rolling it out as a product soon. Should be getting to the regulatory folks this qtr for approval.
It sounds more like they are saying we are starting to program it with the neural networks and it has lots of promise. Buy stock now before this game changer competition crushing checkmate software is released. Will somebody write the single stack song

Do you think the track might bend?

I’m sure you want to do this the right way and though official (warrantied) changes but I thought there were also several self service options if needed, UNOFFICIALLY.
Off topic but yes you can DIY the retrofit yourself in about 15 minutes. You can pick up the new charging board from a service center (Р1537264 - 00 - B) then all you’ll need is a “bundle of wires” harness.

Off topic but yes you can DIY the retrofit yourself in about 15 minutes. You can pick up the new charging board from a service center (Р1537264 - 00 - B) then all you’ll need is a “bundle of wires” harness.
If I had a great need to try to find a functioning CCS charger, I'd do the retrofit myself, but I'm in no hurry. My point was that, despite Tesla having made a fairly limited number of cars without the CCS charge module, appointments for retrofits are taking a long time. So, extrapolating that to large numbers of FSD cars that potentially would be eligible for a HW4 update, we may be discussing HW5 by the time they all get upgraded.

There's probably some hardcoded control behaviors that were added to be safe/conservative such as slowing down to 0 when one of multiple overlapping roads has an intersection
Here's an example from DirtyTesla today testing 10.69.25.2 with FSD Beta still wanting to slow down on a bridge potentially for the intersection below:
depot slowing.jpg

Notice the visualization shows a lighter blue line next to the speed limit sign indicating it wants to stop there. Google Street View helpfully shows an immediately adjacent Carey St with a stop sign for Depot St intersection very close to the bridge with the speed limit sign above:
carey stop.jpg

Hopefully @DirtyT3sla will be able to test it if getting FSD Beta 11.x before the rest of us to see if neural networks for "control" makes any difference.

I get more and more anxious for V11 for something different. I haven't observed FSD improve or even behave differently for about 6 months or more. Primary 2 gripes have always been that making turns is as spastic jerky as if South Park's Tweek is driving and that it makes drug addled retard teenager lane choices
I think thats an exaggeration. Definitely seen a lot of improvements over the last 6 months - including ULT. After CULT, all ULTs are way better, for eg.

6 months back I used to have disengagements on a ULT out of my neighborhood on a 2 lane street (one each way) @ 25 mph ;)

I think thats an exaggeration. Definitely seen a lot of improvements over the last 6 months - including ULT. After CULT, all ULTs are way better, for eg.
I think I'll give v11 a chance with the tweet about NN being involved in control/driving inputs and path planning, but if there isn't an improvement in at least the control aspect in the first beta release I'll tap out for awhile.