Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Whoops.

The more often you check it the less you get a positive result.

More specifically if there is a new push and say 1000 installs have already happened and you you check you have a fair chance. But if you check 10 times a day for 10 days you have a much less percentage change of getting an update.

If you’re already in the que which you would never know checking may make it happen a few hours or a day sooner. Checking all the time you most of those will be negative.
Got it, somehow I thought you were implying that checking too frequently would somehow bump you further down the queue, which sounded like nonsense. I get what you're saying.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Keep in mind that Teslafi is a small sample of all Teslas. 175 cars on Teslafi getting V11 is about 16,000 cars actually getting it (~4% of the 400,000 FSD Beta cars)
Though people that have Teslafi also tend to be more tech-oriented than gen pop, so the % of Teslafi users that bought/subscribed to FSD is probably a good amount higher than gen pop

I wonder if how often you use FSD influences how soon you get an update. If so I am toast:) I usually try the new update, find out it still is not great, and stop using it until the next update. I am a horrible beta tester, but I might be more motivated if we were given the software for free to beta test and had to pay for it once it was truly rock solid FSD. Unrealistic I know.

Wow it’s like a Christmas tree on TeslaFi. Hopefully this continues but each update is coming to those on a previous FSD version. Don’t see any non prior getting it.
I think that almost all of the non priors are now on standard software branches 2023.2.x or 2023.6.x. That's what happened as normal updates came through in January and February.

The problem now is that FSDb v11.3.2 exists in wrapper version 2022.45.x, thus excluding the possibility for most of the non priors. I'm watching this closely because I have a family member ready to start the subscription and then FSDb request, and he is on 2023.2.12; sadly still waiting for the wrapper software to move forward.

I wonder if how often you use FSD influences how soon you get an update. If so I am toast:) I usually try the new update, find out it still is not great, and stop using it until the next update. I am a horrible beta tester, but I might be more motivated if we were given the software for free to beta test and had to pay for it once it was truly rock solid FSD. Unrealistic I know.

I’ve only driven 12k miles on this Tesla having purchased FSD new with the car and have been using FSDb since it was released for public testing. I usually get updates in the fist 500-1500 of those shown on TeslaFi. Only one did I have to wait longer. So dare I say not related.

I think that almost all of the non priors are now on standard software branches 2023.2.x or 2023.6.x. That's what happened as normal updates came through in January and February.

The problem now is that FSDb v11.3.2 exists in wrapper version 2022.45.x, thus excluding the possibility for most of the non priors. I'm watching this closely because I have a family member ready to start the subscription and then FSDb request, and he is on 2023.2.12; sadly still waiting for the wrapper software to move forward.
I’m just keeping an eye out hopeful that one pops up because I’m on 2022.44.100 and in queue since delivery.

Can’t not look at TeslaFi craving a sign.

I’m just keeping an eye out hopeful that one pops up because I’m on 2022.44.100 and in queue since delivery.

Can’t not look at TeslaFi craving a sign.
As of now, all 11.3.2 installations recorded by Teslafi have been for cars that already have FSD beta. It's still early in the deployment, but it's not unusual for Tesla to roll out to existing FSDb cars before adding new ones.

Keep in mind that Teslafi is a small sample of all Teslas. 175 cars on Teslafi getting V11 is about 16,000 cars actually getting it (~4% of the 400,000 FSD Beta cars)
Though people that have Teslafi also tend to be more tech-oriented than gen pop, so the % of Teslafi users that bought/subscribed to FSD is probably a good amount higher than gen pop
That may be true, but my analysis doesn't depend on the ratio of FSD to non-FSD being the same across Teslafi and the actual fleet.

Teslafi reports how many cars they have on different versions, so we know there are about 175 on V11.3.2 and 4500 on FSD total. About 4% of the FSD population have gotten 11.3.2. Tesla has released info that there's around 400,000 FSD Beta cars (I'm going by memory on that one, but they have released that info), so 4% of that is about 16,000 cars.

I am assuming that Tesla incrementally releases in the same way to Teslafi and non-Teslafi cars (seems like a reasonable assumption)