Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Had a crazy epiphany. What if Tesla keeps the current strange 2 beta path with the most current FSD Beta being offered on an earlier software and a PROVEN more stable FSD Beta offered on the newest branch to the masses. Then maybe us original testers could select to get either get and test the latest FSD Beta version or have the most current software with the last proven FSD Beta.

If this happened which would you pick?
Universally stable is gonna be tough to attain but I'd probably always pick the newest version in the deluded hope testing and training is continually improving.

From the outside it seems to take a long time to pump out even these dot releases. I assume they try to break free from endless local minima via random position restarts resulting in a few converged solutions. And then maybe sim test and drive test which to run with?

Not sure something so complicated can ever be more than guesswork. Why not add some more NNs to mix? :)

There are now two releases with FSD beta 11.3.6. ~26% of TeslaFi are on 2022.45.15 which includes 11.3.6. A few days ago another release 2023.12.10 also included 11.3.6. This version so far is updating only 2023.x versions, and that is the 2% you are seeing.

11.3.6 has issues, but is the latest large FSD version so far. I, probably among many, am hoping for an 11.4.x release, hopefully in a 2023.x version. Time will tell.

11.3.6 has auto parked and has smart-summoned for me at least once but not reliably, and my '21 MY has both the old radar and USS sensors. I gather cars without those sensor also can run 11.3.6, but I can not verify if the auto park and smart summon features are enabled.
Don't reward them! if the rest of us have to put of with 100 pages of @Ramphex bitching then they should too!

Problem?

Sounds like the Germans aren't quite as on-board with AP/FSD SNAFUs as North Americans might be.

Interesting about the leaked accident data. If an accident isn't publicly reported or is court sealed did it ever happen?

Yes - its OT ;)

Seriously, I think that deserves its own thread.
Looks like there already is one.

Don't reward them! if the rest of us have to put of with 100 pages of @Ramphex bitching then they should too!
Perhaps TMC should develop its own AutoPilot to steer it's readers away from potheads. Uh pot holes. Maybe an AutoIgnore feature?

Seriously, though, with only 368 pages of posts (so far) since the beginning of 2022, that is less than one page per day. What else are we supposed to do while we wait for the next version?

What might be nice would be wikipedia style documents about the FSD beta process and each version. Ditto on all sorts of other model specific and energy product issues and questions. A me-too click on each reported bug. Maybe a collective, dynamic FAQ site? TMC's network news style of does not seem to support easily summarizing and updating what we have learned collectively.

And, no, I am not volunteering to create such.

As bushes, trees and shrubs grow back their leaves more intersections have obstructed views and are dangerous now.
Old topic and lots of posts about this. Just hope HW4 addresses this problem. The car is at the creep point and I always lean over the steering wheel to be safe whether using FSD or driving manually. Not unusual for FSD to start going since FSD cannot see very well only to have to disengage to avoid a possible accident.

FSD B Pillar Camera.jpg

As bushes, trees and shrubs grow back their leaves more intersections have obstructed views and are dangerous now.
Old topic and lots of posts about this. Just hope HW4 addresses this problem. The car is at the creep point and I always lean over the steering wheel to be safe whether using FSD or driving manually. Not unusual for FSD to start going since FSD cannot see very well only to have to disengage to avoid a possible accident.

View attachment 941303
So far HW4 is the same. It stops where it should for a stop sign, but most of the time that’s not where a human driver would stop based on obstructions, so what ends up happening is a jittery creep forward and an angry driver behind me.