Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Sue. Clearly that come to a complete stop at stop signs "recall" was a stupid recall. I can think of a thousand other more important things FSD needs to fix first.
My observation and questions about potential problems vs all the absolutile fan giddiness.

how will they get around this? --- speed control, stop signs, etc
Sue NHTSA?

how will they get around this? --- speed control, stop signs, etc
Sue NHTSA?
Theoretically end-to-end NN should follow all the rules "like normal humans do". If NHTSA says FSD should do things that normally people don't - Sueing is in order.

ps : As I wrote elsewhere I'm skeptical of end to end NN (both in terms of possibility and actually how much of end-to-end NN V12 actually is).

Everybody seems very hot about Elon's version 12 claims. I have one suggestion for him is to take the car to Chuck's UPL and see if his v12 converges and learn to take just that UPL correctly after someone drive through that turn 100's of times correctly under different conditions. 😂 ;)
Problem solved. V12 will train FSD to exclude road having turns similar to CK's UPL and U turns when selecting routes. Aren't we taught to find an easy way over difficult ways to solve a problem?

Heh. Not everybody in Joisey is a thug.

And.. this is the place where the background radiation of the Big Bang was first discovered. And, down the hall from where my office was (now retired), there's a plaque: First Transistor Made Here.

It's still hard to come to grips with that last.
Fuhgeddaboudit.............

I have a spot below that v11.4.4 looses its mind:
Should be in rhe right most lane making a right
1. Starts here where left and right lanes go straight
New right lane starts, right turns should merge to the right
1693159578803.png

Once in the new right lane, get ready to go eight
1693159666331.png

FSD looses it mind and in the confusion, last minute knows it should be in rhe right lane starts applying be brakes and I have to jntervene

When we have .7 or v12, I’ll test here to know if we have advanced

Test in your worst repeatable environment for FSD

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
That's what human drivers do if I am considered as human. I usually avoid turning left by turning right then making protected U turns, or going around the block.
Many times - I try turning left - but after a while if the traffic is heavy and I can't make the left, I turn right and do a U-turn (by going into a parking lot or side roads, if needed).

Sue. Clearly that come to a complete stop at stop signs "recall" was a stupid recall. I can think of a thousand other more important things FSD needs to fix first.
Theoretically end-to-end NN should follow all the rules "like normal humans do". If NHTSA says FSD should do things that normally people don't - Sueing is in order.

ps : As I wrote elsewhere I'm skeptical of end to end NN (both in terms of possibility and actually how much of end-to-end NN V12 actually is).
Is "normal" stops in CA, the same as IA, the same as WA, the same as MT, the same as TX .... the same as stops in other countries.
What is "Normal" in every part of the world that Teslas drive or will eventually drive FSD. There is no one size fits all. Cali FSD training / driving is not the worldwide standard.

Tesla is too hesitant at stops! The car could evaluate the situation on the way to stopping to 0 mph and go *immediately* after all tires stop. I don't know how an automated car could legally do anything differently. If not a full stop then people will do 5 or 10 or 20 or more mph 'roll thrus'.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotSteve
Just got v11.4.7 last night. I had 11.4.4 before.

Just finished a two hours' drive consists of 70% highway and 30% local. It had zero intervention. The only blemish is a phantom brake event on a new location. It braked from 45 mph to about 42 mph. But it was very brief and it corrected itself before I could intervene.

So far, I am loving it. But it was only one drive.

Last night I experienced rhe quick slow down into a construction area, 55 to 45 mph reduction by FSD, instead of staying with the traffic and their speed, the vehicle quickly slowed down; right thing to do but was abrupt
heard v 11.4.7 would stay with traffic and gradually slow down
Anyone know?

So for everyone who said HW3 was a dead end and wouldn't get any significant upgrades nice to see that's not the case. Maybe that will help pull this thread out of the negative doldrums.
From the investor thread
Yeah, the entire subforum is taken over by TSLAQ and other Tesla hating nutters.
Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

"
One can hope. But you can’t say it, “ain’t the case” as nothing has been released that proves what was said. Extraordinary claims require extraordinarily evidence (which we don’t have).

Reactions: Pdubs