Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Google entirely gave up on Level 3 after they determined it was impossible to ensure their paid test drivers would pay attention: Google/Waymo Stopped Testing Level 3 Self-Driving Tech After Testers Literally Fell Asleep While Using It, Switched To Full Autonomy - CleanTechnica

That's incredible that Tesla managed to do with customers what Google thought was impossible with employees.
I've posted on this before but there's a significant danger in systems that are 'pretty good.' Humans aren't good at maintaining attention for long periods of time when they don't need to do anything. When FSDb was first released it was pretty bad and you would need to intervene constantly. Because of this you were always on your guard. as it gets better and the need for intervention decreases the risk for inattention increases. FSD isn't at that point yet but if and when they truly reach the 1 intervention every 50-100 miles point there's a real risk that the human in charge will miss it.

Reactions: DrGriz
Given they don't happen very often, at least around here, they are probably low on the list. No right on red signs should be way higher on the list.
I've had intermittent success in the past but it's very intermittent with no rhyme or reason.

Most stoplights will revert to flashing red if there's a fault in the system so they're not that uncommon. They shouldn't be that difficult to deal with since they're just a stop sign. They just need to reliably identify them.

Guys, 11.4.4
1. traffic on a road and my MY FSD stopped across the RR tracks, crazy
same for an intersection
2. Fsd running and it’s sunny, pushed in left stalk to wash windshield snd no issue
except wipers would not turn off, now stuck in auto, had to quit fsd, turn off rhe wipers and fsd back on
3. Seeing repeated confusion with lane ending and merging

Tesla is using map data. I have it also not turning at several rights that aunt allowed. There is even one that used to be no right on red but now has the sign removed and it still won't turn on red. Which it used to try when the sign was up. 🤣

Remember we get "invisible" Navigation data file Delta updates all the time.
But did your uncle allow them? If your aunt allowed them and your uncle didn't it could be very confusing for little nephew Elon

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Y'know, I had neighbors-across-the-street whose computer I would occasionally flush free of viruses on a regular basis who, at the time, never really grasped the concept that not everything they read on the internet was true.

I finally got to them by stating, "Would you trust everybody you met in Central Park?" (This is good for people in the NYC metro area. Around Boston, it's The Commons.) 😁.
But the real question is would you trust anyone from Jersey?

For us early and safety score testers, are we going to get a rebase of 11.4.7 on the 2023.26.x branch next week or are we stuck with 2023.7.x indefinitely?
I’m on 2023.26.7 with FSDb 11.3.6 today. I’d love to believe I’m going to get 11.4.7 next week but I’m not holding my breath. 😎😂. We are taking a 1000+ mile trip starting 8/31 so it sure would be nice though…

Guys, 11.4.4
1. traffic on a road and my MY FSD stopped across the RR tracks, crazy
same for an intersection
2. Fsd running and it’s sunny, pushed in left stalk to wash windshield snd no issue
except wipers would not turn off, now stuck in auto, had to quit fsd, turn off rhe wipers and fsd back on
3. Seeing repeated confusion with lane ending and merging
FSDb has always been happy to stop on railroad tracks. That's one of the things you MUST intervene for.

Reactions: LSDTester#1
I still see plenty of people online who, at least on the surface, seem to believe his words including his date predictions.

Some in the investment thread do. They actually believe FSD Beta is beyond Waymo and Cruise and think Robotaxis should be here next year, but most watch Whole Mars and have no clue where the product really is.
I can see some newbies falling for it but most people posting have posted the same thing after every tweet he makes for the last 2 years. Fool me once...

But the real question is would you trust anyone from Jersey?
Heh. Not everybody in Joisey is a thug.

And.. this is the place where the background radiation of the Big Bang was first discovered. And, down the hall from where my office was (now retired), there's a plaque: First Transistor Made Here.

It's still hard to come to grips with that last.